Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paco de Suave
Sep 13, 2004
photographs of the best time you had
window smudged by the speed

I'm running Ubuntu server 6.10 and if I don't have any outgoing traffic on the machine, it will lose connectivity (the web pages its serving won't load, can't ftp/ssh in, etc) until I ping out from the machine. The internet connection is still working and other computers connected to the same switch still work. How would I go about fixing this, or if nobody has any ideas, how would I go about setting it up so it pings a website every minute starting when it boots up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU