Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

What is your favorite Phono/Cartridge/Preamp combination?

What's better, SACD or DVD-A? What are the advantages over high-resolution DVD-Video?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

Godholio posted:

I think this might fit here better than SH/SC...

How can I convert m4p to mp3? I've got winamp and the m4p and mp3 output plugins, but I'm apparently winamp-retarded. Google tells me use winamp with those plugins, or use program X from shady website Y.
Burning them to audio CD in iTunes is really the only idiot-proof way to do it.

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

Godholio posted:

Actually, that would be fine, I'm not THAT much of an audiophile that I'd notice most of the time anyway. But it doesnt burn to cd audio, it sets up a folder hierarchy (arranged by artist, then album, THEN we get the songs) in m4p format. It doesnt give me the option to change the format, it just starts burning automatically.
Go into iTunes Preferences > Advanced > Burning and set it to burn an Audio CD.

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

So how do I ground my preamp/turntable if my stereo doesn't have any grounding connector? Am I hosed?