Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tronester
Aug 12, 2004
People hear what they want to hear.

Hungryjack posted:

I hate it when I'm watching TV in the front room and my wife is in bed because I'm trying to hear dialogue on the center channel and then someone gets shot or an engine revs and the whole house shakes because I have to have the volume jacked up. or else it gets too quiet to hear the dialogue that is coming out of the center channel. Then my wife gets pissed and bitches at me to come to bed, but I don't want to come to bed. I want to watch TV.

Is there any general advice for this or would I need to go into detail on my setup?

There should be something called dynamic range compression (DRC) or 'night mode' on your reciever. Set it to one of the other options than full and it will maintain the same voice level, but the loud stuff like explosions wont be as loud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU