Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST
I can probably change the shield on my Arai in under 15 seconds. The first few times I thought I was going to break the drat thing though.

My Suomy on the other hand is a bit weird. You either need a key or a screwdriver to pop the sides off and then swap the shield out. But that helmet fits soooo nicely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST
I also bought some new knee pucks yesterday. The ones that came with my pants weren't that great. These new ones are a bit bigger and will make contact with the ground a little sooner and last longer. The new ones are also ceramic where the old ones were plastic. Got them for $35 as a local shop that just opened had all motorcycle apparel and parts for cost +10%.

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST

Jazzzzz posted:

Teknic is OK if you stay away from their lower end stuff (Lightning/Chicane) - the stitching isn't so great.

I have a chicane 2 piece and it's not bad except for the crap knee pucks (see 10 posts above). I really like the jacket as well.

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST

Jazzzzz posted:

I used one of these (the Fog City version though) and the tinting stopped working in about 4 months.

I was wondering how those work. Guess I won't try one out.

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST
I've also got the teknic chicane pants and they work quite well. I've done 6 trackdays in them and numerous other sprited rides and they're great.

I'm not a fan of the knee pucks (they're thin), so I got some upgraded ceramic ones.

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST

n8r posted:

How can you not like a puck you barely used? I think I had JR pucks and they worked as advertised, I got a knee down and they slid - good times. They look a LOT like the puck on the left, wouldn't be surprised if they are just the same thing.

I got a good deal on them locally and it seems like the higher end pants came with them, so I bought them.

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST
Alpinestars smx plus boots on closeout for $67.80 plus $9 shipping

http://www.ridegear.com/rg/item/F-5758/Alpinestars-Closeouts/S-MX-Plus-Boots.html

loving AWESOME DEAL

EDIT: Looks to have been a typo, price is back up

orinth fucked around with this message at 22:30 on May 17, 2007

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST

DILLIGAF posted:

I want a new helmet.

I know, goodie for me, right?

Here's the thing, I have a, well, unique bike. I want a unique helmet that will offer protection and still look cool. I am looking at full-face helmets, not faggoty spiked, chromed or german "I just rode out of a bad 70's movie" helmets.

Been looking at helmets all over the place and, to be frank, most of them are boring as hell or make you look like a power ranger on acid. I want one that is as aggressive looking as possible. A helmet that makes soccer moms lock thier mini-van doors and little children to point in awe and wonder. I want one to make the church-going squares purse thier prunish lips and shake thier pencil necked heads in disapproval. I want a helmet that is flat black or a mix of flat and gloss. I want a helmet that fits with my bike.

Any suggestions?

I like Suomy's myself, although quite a few of them look like a power ranger on acid, but they have the best artwork/quality. There are some black vandal ones on there...

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST
I used my alpinestars SP1's for the last year and they're great for regular temp. They suck rear end in the cold though.

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST

Mapless posted:

Leather for sale!

Both are Dainese 1pc suits and both are size 42US.

This is the 'Laguna Seca', worn a couple of times.

It has a small are where the outer part of the seam has come unstitched. Not a big deal, there's two there.

Does not come with cat.

Dainese Flanker.

It's got a little ripped area next to the crotch.

I've only worn each a few times, they need to go to fund my fork (and Gap trip) fund however. More pics available on request.

Seriously, cat not included.

Just out of random curiousity, how much are you looking for for the flanker?

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST

LochNessMonster posted:

does anyone have any experience with the Alpine Stars SP-1 gloves?

I've had these for about a year. They fit great after they're broken in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST

Doctor Zero posted:

It's not hard, no, but it's more like how the gently caress do I keep it in my saddlebags without loving it up into uselessness.

You can always keep it in the helmet bag and put it in the bike trunk. Of course, I can't do this cause my bike trunk can only fit some sunglasses and a pack of cigarettes. That's it.

I did find somethign online that you could put an extra visor in and it slings around your shoulder and goes under your jacket.