Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neck Tooth
Sep 8, 2003

How I hate him.

PlasticSun posted:

For those that have the Arai helmets, how often do you change visors? After a while can you do it in the dark by the roadside?

Changing Arai visors, for me at least, requires every curse word I know and occasionally the sacrifice of an innocent's blood. Sometimes they go right in. Usually, they don't. The Arai I bought last year even came with a CD-ROM instructional video, it's THAT unintuitive.

I swear, I must have changed out visors on both my old Arai and new a hundred times. It doesn't seem to get any easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neck Tooth
Sep 8, 2003

How I hate him.

Mapless posted:

Sorry man, this made me lol.

I swear to sweet baby hay-soose that whenever I'm on a group ride and it's getting too sunny, I'll say, "Hold on for ten minutes while I figure this loving thing out, these visors drive me nuts!" And the visor change will happen in ten seconds.

But sitting at home, saying, "Well, I'm going on that long ride tomorrow, I'll change my visor NOW so I don't have to do it in the morning!" that fucker'll take me five-ten minutes of cursing and crying.

Mr. Arai hates me, that's the only answer. But goddamn, do I love his helmets anyway.

loving black magic. BLACK MAGIC.

Ha, but I think my issue is that it really DOES feel like the visor/helmet's gonna break when you change them out. I just can't get used to bending a piece of (expensive) plastic like that without getting all worried. I'll go to a therapist, maybe that'll help.

Neck Tooth fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Mar 26, 2007