Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trotsky1940
Sep 18, 2006
I just picked up the Survivorman DVD at Wal-Mart, I agree with the above; Les Stroud is the man. He does everything himself, nothing super dangerous but you can tell he's busting his rear end to both film and survive at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trotsky1940
Sep 18, 2006

404GoonNotFound posted:

Agreed. When does the next season of THAT start anyway?

...there is gonna be a next season, right? :smith:

He is filming, whether Discovery will opt to pick it up is another story. I would imagine they will as they run the first season so much.

Trotsky1940
Sep 18, 2006

Robot Relations posted:

If you watch, you can tell the "interns" really didn't want to do it and Kari looked like she was going to cry when he jumped back and just said deadpan "you guys did hook up the cattle fence shocker, didn't you?"

I read that a producer of the show conned them into it; Adam supposedly didn't like the guy anyway and he left shortly afterward.

Trotsky1940
Sep 18, 2006
Yeah, Adam and Jamie are both big in the Skeptical community, so it's no surprise he would propose doing something like creationism. If anybody remembers Adam said a bit back that they would do no more paranormal myths.

That being said, it would be interesting to see how they approach this. Think of it, Jamie on camera saying "Well, we're just going to simulate the big bang". That would be pretty awesome.

Trotsky1940
Sep 18, 2006

Pez posted:

I was flipping around the other day and saw that a new season of Survivorman starts August 10th! :dance: http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/survivorman/episodes/episodes.html has 4 of the new locations listed, with more promised soon.

I had the same drat reaction; total unabashed excitement. Les is awesome.

Anybody been keeping up with "Ice Road Truckers"? I know, I know, History channel but same producers as Deadliest Catch, hell same format, even same type of opening. Still, I didn't like it as first, but I'll be damned if it isn't growing on me. I like Hugh, he's just a big ball of rear end in a top hat.

Trotsky1940
Sep 18, 2006

IRQ posted:

I had been anticipating Ice Road Truckers since I heard about it. The one-off documentary they ran about it a long time back was really good, and I think the show has been pretty good too.

Supposedly, someone dies next week.

I heard about this, I think it is just another of those "preview tricks" that happened so much on Deadliest Catch. Somebody may die, but I don't think it will be anyone we know.

We'll see next Sunday I suppose.

Trotsky1940
Sep 18, 2006

Butthole Prince posted:

It just sucks that we have to wait until April for "Deadliest Catch".

I have a DVR full of "Survivorman" and "Man vs. Wild" to tide me over until then. The new season of "Everest" wasn't very long, and I'm almost done with it. Too bad they aren't replaying the first season.

It's obviously off topic, but since someone brought up the Science Channel and the History Channel, I may as well ask: any recommendations for shows on those channels? I also get the National Geographic Channel, too. If there's anything along the lines of the shows that are popular on Discovery, I'd be interested to hear what people suggest.

The Universe on History is really good.
On History International they show The Worst Jobs in History with Tony Robsinson, I really like that series a whole lot.
Science is showing Cosmos again as well.

Trotsky1940
Sep 18, 2006
That's really funny you guys are saying that this show is Mythbusters without the Mythbusters, I kept talking over the show to my wife in "Jamie voice" about how the bus should be equipped to explode at the end. It did just seem like a cheap ripoff without the elements that make Mythbusters truly awesome: Jamie and Adam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trotsky1940
Sep 18, 2006

Tachykinin posted:

Yeah, it always makes me a little bit sad when he loses. But that's also how you know it's a Canadian show. If it were an American show Mantracker would never lose (or we'd never see those episodes).

But when he does win against the super cocky ones, that makes my day. Especially the ones with minimal outdoors experience.

• Locked thread