Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

There's no way Todd makes any money with all the equipment and crew discovery channel throws at him. He has a legit mining operation going (no thanks to him) for the piddly rear end amount of gold they pull up. There's a reason it's only hillbillies panning for gold up there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It's a good thing his dumb family and friends are mostly actors then. Id like to know how much money they foot the Hoffman crews part of the show.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Gotta make drama somewhere. Even Todd can't gently caress up anything anymore cause all he's doing is taking a walk once a day to show up in a camera shot. That and making a prayer circle thanking God for the mighty glory hole giving them gold.

The Hoffman family is gross and they should be mocked off the network if they can't at least give us a whole season of them constantly loving things up they've been doing for years at this point.

Invalid Validation fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jan 19, 2016

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Next you're gonna tell me Todd Hoffman isn't always on the brink of bankruptcy and is his last chance to hit it big!

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

General rule for reality tv: it's all made up garbage.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I got hooked on bearing sea gold this season, it's fun watching white trash families girl fight each other over gold crumbs.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I liked the old episodes until it became the very bad acting of Pawn Stars variety hour. If you think that's bad though, they have (had?) a really bad gameshow on the history channel I saw when I was staying in a hotel.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I guarantee he was a just a guy they paid to pretend to buy the plot.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Him and the second to last one were the two most obnoxious people, all they did was cry for half a season and fish very poorly. I mean I couldn't do it but I'm sure there's a ton of people who could live there indefinitely. But that wouldn't make good TV so instead we get IM THE DAD WHO SAYS YES NOW. I'm sure you're whole family is mentally stable with you at the helm.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Instead of 2 people they take 12 psychopaths pretending to be survival experts. Like Mr Goon that keeps saying he's an expert primitive survivalist and misses every bow shot he takes and never brings in any meat.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They probably have to go back and fix everything the "survivors" destroy.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It's alright it's got some neat history in it but the builds are whatever.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I'm kinda interested to see the next few seasons as the show very much portrays the real consequences of global warming. It's big part of the season, I wonder if the crews even realize it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It's amazing all the captains don't die by the age of 30 seeing as they live off cigarettes and energy drinks and whatever drugs they consume at port.

• Locked thread