Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I just started watching Gold Rush, and goddamn, those guys are dumb.
Also, Todd is a loving rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

IRQ posted:

They really should just abandon pretense and change the format to Jaime and Adam build stupid poo poo for a ridiculous competition while the build team blows poo poo up and/or shoots it for no particular reason.
Basically they should become the show Braniac tried to be.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I agree with most of the criticism Mythbusters is getting lately, however I still enjoy watching it.

Them busting the myth because the corks didnt't fly 100 feet is pretty dumb though, at least give it a plausible or something.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Tewratomeh posted:

Despite all their gently caress-ups during that myth, they were at least thorough enough to not call it until they tried several different approaches. It was actually pretty cool to see them pull it off with their last torpedo, scoring a perfect hit and getting the exact result they were looking for.

I don't think a myth like that can be "called" based purely on them failing to replicate the results. There are so many variables in shape and rocket power etc. that it would be very arrogant to say "Well we couldn't do it so those Syrians sure couldn't".

Not that that's ever stopped them before though.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I've been enjoying it as well. (Despite the shameless Sons of Guns plug)

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

haveblue posted:

I'd like to hear what he thought of Survivorman specifically.
Me too, since I think that show is one of the most "real" survival shows on TV.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

mistermojo posted:

Why is Jake Gyllenhall on Man vs Wild?

He just ate a worm

As I understand it this season is the celebrity season.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

FogHelmut posted:

Man vs Wild is on Mondays now? Well poo poo.

What is this Hillstranded show supposed to be?

quote:

In Hillstranded – which will air after Deadliest Catch debuts in April 2011 - the siblings will investigate myths and legends around Alaska, including a Lochness-type monster in a local lake.

That sounds exactly like the show Discovery needs. :rolleyes:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Are people still that interested in sharks? Shark week was kinda cool 10 years ago, now for me it's a reason not to watch discovery for a week.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

It was like that episode of south park with Chef when Isaac Hayes left.

Anyway I'm glad Gold Rush is back, I like to watch children run a goldmining operation.

It's a goddamn miracle nobody lost a digit or worse yet.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Parkers grampa owns

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

muscles like this? posted:

I love when the high speed is good enough that you see the electrical charge moving through the detcord.

That's actually a tiny explosion moving through a tube, not electricity.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Moonshiners is so goddamn fake it's not even funny.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Holyshoot posted:

Why don't they just vape? Healthier(debatable depending on who you ask I guess) and less overhead.

Then you'd look like a huge douche.

Elliot vapes, nuff said...

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Next season will be a gold rush style show about producing the next "reality" television show.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Just watched the finale of gold rush, and all I can say is that I wish I had a grandfather like grandpa Schnabel. What a kind, loving and authentic man.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

TheRationalRedditor posted:

He's a delightful old man but don't completely overlook the fact he collects a healthy "guest talent fee" every time they use him in an episode

Of course he does it's television after all

But I'd be very surprised if he acted that scene where Parker showed the gold total and he was so happy and proud.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

smackfu posted:

Huh, I thought the "Lost" episode of Mythbusters was something old, but it sounds like it was made this season and held back to show on the Science Channel intentionally. That's pretty odd.

I wish they would air the one where they fire a cannon through a residential neighborhood and into someone's car.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

FogHelmut posted:

Grandpa Schnabel dead.

:smith:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

kefkafloyd posted:

I dunno Bill, sending badly injured guys back on deck during a killer storm doesn't really sound like a good idea to me.

Yeah

"I can't afford to go back to port so you can get the medical care you need, so I need you to go back on deck with a knee injury, possibly loving up your knee even more ruining your chances for recovery and therefore greatly setting back your retirement plans. I need you to do that Mac, because I'm too cheap to spend the 3 grand it takes to go back in."

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I always liked Survivorman because Les is really out there on his own without a whole loving support team like most shows.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Lime Tonics posted:

Chum Lee might have killed off pawn stars,

I sure hope so, that show sucks.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Did they show if Mac blew out his knee or not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

whats v/ls?

• Locked thread