Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlockStacker
Sep 26, 2005
Here goes nothing.
How it's made: The machine that put the toothbrush bristles in knocked my socks off, then the sock-making machine made me a new pair. HOW SO FAST?! I love manufacturing.

I just wish that The Science Channel was in the basic cable package where I live. It's pretty much all I watch whenever I go home. If there is a bad show about bridges, I haven't seen it.

As for Mythbusters, They've been re-doing old myths alot lately. I'm starting to worry that they're running out of ideas.

I haven't watched that Bear Grills guy's show. Survivor man has made me think that anyone who isn't in the wilderness alone is kind of cheating.

To people who have seen both shows: How does Man vs. Wild stack up against Survivorman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlockStacker
Sep 26, 2005
Here goes nothing.

B40C posted:

As far as "MythBusters", they aren't running out of ideas, so don't worry about that. I went to a 'live' show thing with Adam and Jamie last weekend, and they talked about some of the myths that they are currently filming, and they sound very interesting, so don't worry.

I actually seem to prefer "Man vs. Wild". Bear isn't alone, but he does a hell of a lot more, mostly because he doesn't have to lug around the camera equipment by himself. He will specifically do things that he doesn't have to do or that are dangerous simply to show viewers certain situations.

Cool, What was the live show thing? Were they taping a show or was it like a convention appearance?

I was thinking that "Man vs. Wild" was just a re-tread fo "Survivorman" stuff. But since Grills goes a step further, I'll have to check it out.

I think it's interesting that, unlike Americans, Canadians can be survival experts without seeming crazy.

• Locked thread