Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
HUGE PUBES A PLUS

Most of us know Hathor as the Egyptian Goddess of Beauty. She usually looks like this:

A woman with cows' horns and the sun on her head.

There is another Hathor though, this Hathor isn't a goddess of beauty, she is a goddess of ....

BREASTFEEDING!!!

http://www.thecowgoddess.com/

Hathor has turned being a mommy into a political agenda, and she tackles everything from public nursing to co-sleeping (sharing the same bed with your kids).

The best part of the website however is the wonderful detailed description of the home birth of her youngest:

http://www.thecowgoddess.com/?page_id=363

Complete with a picture of the aftermath.

Her husband wears a cape and mask because he's a superhero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE PUBES A PLUS

If you breastfeed in public, for the comfort of the other customers nursing mothers are asked to go somewhere private, like the restroom. Here is the cow goddess's response to this request:

HUGE PUBES A PLUS fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Mar 30, 2007

HUGE PUBES A PLUS

Black History Month posted:

it seeems like hathor has a lot to say

Yep she does, because no matter where you are, if the baby's hungry, it's time to feed!

HUGE PUBES A PLUS

BBQPanda posted:

so is it wrong to use breast pumps

No not at all, especially in the morning when you need cream for your coffee :laugh:

HUGE PUBES A PLUS

Oh YES! If it wasn't graphic enough for you, in LIVING COLOR!

HUGE PUBES A PLUS

Defenestration posted:

i know of at least one major national law firm which provides nursing mothers with free breast pumps as a maternity benefit

I breast fed, and I used a pump. I just never saw nursing my baby as a militant political agenda.

BYOB: Less on it, but it costs twice as much.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS

Hathor the Cowgoddess is a character created by me, an artist living in Los Angeles, California. She is a superhero who wants to save humanity through the combination of nurture, sustainability and bonding inherent in the practice of attachment parenting. Her movement is called the Evolution Revolution, her breasts are her superpower and her sidekick is her baby, always carried in a sling and prominently (politically) suckling at her exposed breast.

Hathor is a mother who stays with her children yet works as a woman of and ruling the world. I borrow iconography from the current anti-globalization movement, to present her as a manifesto writing, protest marching, puppet carrying, flag-waving mother.

The Hathor the Cowgoddess character also appears in my epic-sized cartoon paintings and sculpted action-figure collectibles and as a persona that I become at hospitality happenings and protest marches. (Hathor s Bake-In, where 150 people helped me knead, bake and taste breast shaped breastmilkbread

and the Washington DC Million Mom March where Hathor appeared as uninvited spokeswoman, respectively). She also stars in comic book manifestos, list-serve zines, quilted protest banners, propaganda stickers, DIY mothering manuals and her very own homebirth home videos. She has been seen at art galleries in Sacramento, Albuquerque, Tampa, Miami and Los Angeles.

My work lies at an intersection between activism and art, the feminist and family values movements, family and community, nature and culture, private and public, humor and complete seriousness.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS

Oh no! Myspace censored her for nudity!

HUGE PUBES A PLUS

King Bowflexious posted:

this thread has taken a turn for the furry

this woman thinks she is a superhero with a cow face and horns, which way could it go?

HUGE PUBES A PLUS

Zen Dudeism posted:

motor-boating

brrrrrr-brrrrrr-brrrrrrr

NO NO NO! This is a political movement! Her weapons are her milk-full breasts!

And just how old is too old to breast feed? There's a reason why mommy cats start weening their kittens at 8 weeks.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS

Planimal posted:

O_O

I kid you not, I was at a women's 'retreat' years ago and this woman there had a four year old son. He ran up to her and said "ma I wanna nurse" And she whipped out her tit and let him sit in her lap and nurse right in front of us.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS

Yes, and just what do we do with the placenta? You don't mind if I put this in your freezer do you?

HUGE PUBES A PLUS

How many people here honestly would be offended by the sight of a woman breast feeding in public?

HUGE PUBES A PLUS

OMG ITZ JAMES posted:

So what are you saying? She's an alien telling us humans to breast feed in public and sleep with our children?

CuddleChunks posted:

N-ER-GEE: why don't you have star nipples?

Thanks in advance for your prompt response to this query.

Didn't you see that episode of American Idol? :laugh:

HUGE PUBES A PLUS

I've always wondered why we invented cloth.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS

I have no clue what the gently caress's going on here.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS

Holy poo poo, is she actually against car seats???

HUGE PUBES A PLUS

Nigmaetcetera posted:

fuckin' poser, she's no feminist, talking about her readers having husbands

When her husband is in the comic, he wears a mask and cape because he's a super hero too! :keke:

HUGE PUBES A PLUS

Instead of a car seat you should walk barefoot on grass everywhere. Now I get it.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS

What the hell

HUGE PUBES A PLUS

BYOB:Will you be my cow goddess?

HUGE PUBES A PLUS

Planimal posted:

SEE? SEE? Monster Box just like i said

:laffo:

HUGE PUBES A PLUS

She's really militant about her children sleeping in the same bed with her and her husband.

How did they concieve these kids with waking the older ones up? :psyduck:

HUGE PUBES A PLUS

Little Blue Couch posted:

i think this seems like a pretty cool idea i mean i'm just saying is all

I don't think many men would have a problem with women wearing tops like this.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS

Planimal posted:

hahaha i like how the dad is totally dreaming of his life before he got married and had children

hahaha you noticed that too! :hfive:

HUGE PUBES A PLUS

I'm all for homeschooling

HUGE PUBES A PLUS

Little Blue Couch posted:

it's like she has a baby-shaped growth on her boob

that kid is either starving or a pervert

It's all about constant contact parenting. You should never put your baby down! You
should wear a sling and have your boobs ready any time the child whimpers no matter where you are!

HUGE PUBES A PLUS

OH those poor mortal future parents who haven't yet known the joy of being a super hero dad and a cow goddess!

HUGE PUBES A PLUS

Vincent Valentine posted:

So does she seriosuly wear a mask around in public

Here's a photo of her marching in a parade

HUGE PUBES A PLUS

The_Ez8 posted:

Hey, remember when Peewee has that nightmare about clowns?

:lol: Yes!!!

HUGE PUBES A PLUS

Ugh, the million mom march!

I deer hunt and I took my son to deer camp with me since he was 3! He owns guns of his own now. I also breast fed him. Where did I go wrong?

HUGE PUBES A PLUS

Tetra posted:

well with one of those slings you could do both :awesome:

Indeed you could :haw:

And here's a photo of her nursing a toddler!

HUGE PUBES A PLUS

Tetra posted:

is it bad i'm honestly surprised she's not on the chunky side? her cow self is very 'curvy'

Another plus of breast feeding, you burn more calories producing milk.

Breast feeding is great and healthy for mom and baby. But why so in everyone's face about it?

HUGE PUBES A PLUS

Tetra posted:

ya that's what don't get. i know it's all good and stuff but why does she have to make everyone aware she's got her cow spawn attached to her boobie. wouldn't it be nicer to find a quiet spot anyway? like more comfortable and the kid doesn't have to eat with people milling around and being jostled while the mommy shops or whatever, it's kinda the same as her poopin in the restaurant argument

maybe i shouldn't try to understand

Here's the thing, she's a stay at home mom. If a family can afford to have a parent stay home that's great. Many women today work outside of the home and that makes breast feeding difficult. We're out in public more than we used to be too. A mom has to decide what her comfort level is for breast feeding in public and go from there.

Last Exit posted:

I have no problem with breast feeding but...

being a guy if I see tits I'm going to stare.

It seems to me though that lady would love that kind of attention.

That's part of her agenda. Stop treating breasts as sexual objects see them for feeding children.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS

CuddleChunks posted:

History via emoticons:
Ye Olden Tymes: :pervert:
Victorian Era: :cry:
Modern Age: :argh: :words:

My friend sitting next to me piped up, "Is this like Lilith Faire where all 4000 women attending ovulated at the same time?" AHAHAHAHA!

Imagine if they had started PMSing at the same time :wth:

HUGE PUBES A PLUS

Tetra posted:

trying to understand this lady is making my brain angry

i think i'll just go eat some cookies or something, no milk though...

• Breasts are not sexual objects, they are food dispensing units.
  • You have the right to nurse your baby any time any where
  • If you're asked to nurse your baby in the bathroom of a restaurant, evacuate in the restaurant
  • PUT DOWN YOUR GUNS PICK UP YOUR CHILDREN
  • Give birth at home in the kid's wading pool. Your husband can clean the mess later.
  • Sleeping with your children will have no effect on your love life
  • If you want, you can breast feed your kids until they're ready to start dating.

Did forget anything?

HUGE PUBES A PLUS

The_Ez8 posted:

please replace the :) with the :gonk: face in this picture

Okay

I can't draw for poo poo :gonk:

HUGE PUBES A PLUS

Happy the Hat posted:

wsup n-er-gee?

Happy the Hat!! Hiya! Just taking a look at a woman who sees herself as a goddess with a cow face and likes to breast feed in public!

HUGE PUBES A PLUS

HUGINATOR posted:

Has it been submitted as an ALOD yet

No it hasn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE PUBES A PLUS

Happy the Hat posted:

thats pretty cool

i like to breast feed in public too

What healthy American boy wouldn't? :laugh: