Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inquisitus
Aug 4, 2006

I have a large barge with a radio antenna on it.
Is it just me, or are none of the requests on tinyappz actually tiny? Most of them seem like quite a bit of work from a C# programmer's point of view :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inquisitus
Aug 4, 2006

Dicky B posted:

Yes, this. I don't want to log in but I don't want anybody to be able to upload files without a password.
The problem with having the password and file fields as part of the same form is that the server will only check the password once the file's been uploaded to a temp folder somewhere. Not a problem with small files but if you're uploading one that's anywhere over 500KB or so, you don't really want to be kept waiting only to be told you've put the wrong password in.

Inquisitus
Aug 4, 2006

Could've used base64 ;)

Inquisitus
Aug 4, 2006

RedDragon posted:

If someone can write me a program in C# or C++ along with the source code that is similar to this one.

http://rapidshare.com/files/42053881/Stopwatch.exe.html

Which was made in java, i would greatly appriciate it.

PM me any questions.
Who wrote this out of interest?

Save -> cancel...

"You saved nothing."

Thanks for telling me, I hadn't realised! The UI is also nice to look at :psypop:

Working on a C# version now btw.

Inquisitus
Aug 4, 2006

RedDragon posted:

I think he quit the project.
Its up for grabs :P
Sorry for the delay :shobon:

Here it is:
Binary
Source

The source is a little messy at the moment, so I might try and tidy it up. If I do then I'll upload it to the same URL.

It still uses a tab delimited file to store times in, so it can be opened with Excel as before (though the files have a slightly different format). This can be changed if you want, though.

I'm too tired to work out how to put this on TinyAppz right now.

Inquisitus fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jul 13, 2007

Inquisitus
Aug 4, 2006

RedDragon posted:

It looks great!
Only problem, for the Bib number, you set it to only accept number. If someone makes a mistake they cant use backspace.
It's okay though, ill just fix it from the source code once I get home.

Thanks once again <3 <3 <3
Oops. I was going to use a numeric up/down box, but that wouldn't allow you to enter no number (unless you count 0 as no number).

Inquisitus
Aug 4, 2006

Mindbullets posted:

Any chance of a link to the visual style? :shobon:

Inquisitus
Aug 4, 2006

Mindbullets posted:

Its all over the internet. Its called Royale Noir.
Linkey: http://oddbasket.deviantart.com/art/Royale-Remixed-44294818
Youll need to download a patcher for UTxtheme.dll or whatever.
Thanks! I thought it looked a bit like Noir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inquisitus
Aug 4, 2006

dsh posted:

I am in small groups for my grad school class where we have to present topics every week. Can you write a program that, given a list of names, would randomly generate an integer between 0 and the number of people for each person without repeating the numbers? We'd like to use it to assign topics fairly--drawing numbers out of a hat is getting old.

http://www.tinyappz.com/wiki/Open_Requests

Thanks!
Done!

http://www.tinyappz.com/wiki/Topic_Assigner

It's just a simple console app but not much more is needed tbh.

• Locked thread