Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deserted
Dec 17, 2006
I can't...I can't look away!
My Request:

A small windows app that:
* On the press of a key combination (CTRL+SHIFT+Z+X):
* Clears the Firefox Cache
* Closes Firefox
* Runs C:\Program Files\Webroot\Washer\wwDisp.exe

If closing firefox is hard, it doesn't have to do that, though I do prefer it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deserted
Dec 17, 2006
I can't...I can't look away!

Mad Brahmin posted:

Would the following work for you? I couldn't find a quick way to have a multiple key global hotkey so I made it control+alt+shift+z.

What it does:
* On press of key combination (CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+Z)
* Closes Firefox
* Executes doStuff.bat in the background
* Runs in the background. Exit by ctrl+alt+delete and end process.

With doStuff.bat you can choose exactly what you want to happen after Firefox is closed. "rem 500" at the beginning of doStuff.bat is how long to wait (in milliseconds) before executing the batch file after closing Firefox. This is so Firefox can release its grasp on the cache files so you can delete them.

http://www.tinyappz.com/images/7/7b/FirefoxClose.zip

Yeah, that looks great! Thanks.

• Locked thread