Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crumpuppet
Mar 22, 2007

ROBORT > EVERYTHING
I've got a request.

Don't know if you guys are familiar with 100 shots / 100 minutes? Well you get a bunch of people together and drink a shot of beer every minute, for a 100 minutes. It's rad.

For this to work properly you need an accurate timer which sounds an alarm or something every minute. The last time we did this, I made a little thingy in flash which worked OK, but I couldn't get it to sync properly to the system clock so the timer was kind of jumpy. Also it was a bit dodgy in that if you closed it for some reason it lost count.

I just need it to show the countdown to the next shot in big numbers, and whatever else to fill the screen. Maybe a picture slideshow or something? :)

If someone could write something which has the following features:

• Can go fullscreen
  • shows the countdown to the next shot, as well as the whole thing
  • sounds an alarm every minute, maybe flashing the screen or something visual
  • sounds a different alarm right at the end
  • can start at a specific count
  • toggle switches for the above features

If you can code it, you can name it. Bonus points if you can specify the alarm sounds, otherwise any built-in Windows sound should be fine.

Thanks in advance!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crumpuppet
Mar 22, 2007

ROBORT > EVERYTHING

Olzi posted:

Here you go:
http://koti.mbnet.fi/oltzi/beerjug.zip

You start it with the little start-button in the left upper corner. Its fully resizable and you can change the drink.wav and lastdrink.wav with your own .wav files to customize it. If you like it i'll add it to the wiki.

Awesome! Thanks a lot!

It's beer drinking time :cheers:

crumpuppet
Mar 22, 2007

ROBORT > EVERYTHING
Cross-posted from tinyappz:

I need an app that will act as a download manager. It must sit and download files gathered from a list all day long. The catch is, I would like a way to edit this list from a remote computer, like a server/client type setup. The server must then download it's files, stop and wait when it reaches the end of the list, and carry on downloading when you add stuff to its queue.

As a bonus, the client program connecting to the server must be able to see some info - what has been done, what is still waiting, and what is currently downloading for example.

I can think of a way to possibly do this in AutoIT, but I haven't played around with the networking commands and to get it nice and polished might take a long time. I'll try anyway, but for now it'll be nice to see what you guys can come up with.

If anyone knows of an easy way to do this, please magic me up a little downloader!

thanks!

http://www.tinyappz.com/wiki/Request:1223898385

You guys are all doing great work by the way.

crumpuppet
Mar 22, 2007

ROBORT > EVERYTHING

IfIWereARichMan posted:

I want something that will hang out in my taskbar and every time it detects N minutes of activity - mouse, typing, whatever - it pops up with a "shouldnt you be doing something else right now?"

This app must exist somewhere, has anyone heard of something similar?

Check out EyeLeo, here's a good write-up: http://lifehacker.com/5896358/eyeleo-reminds-you-to-take-breaks-dims-your-screen-so-you-actually-take-them

crumpuppet
Mar 22, 2007

ROBORT > EVERYTHING

afen posted:

Hello! I'm looking for an app that shows the current time (24H, with seconds) as the title of the program. So that I can use it as a clock in my UltraMon taskbar on my secondary monitor.

I think this will do what you asked for. It starts minimized.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vpbjvn42rivcnoj/wjlBjHuFil/TimeTitle.exe

AutoIT code:

code:
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

$gui = GUICreate ("TimeTitle", 200, 100)

$btn_exit = GUICtrlCreateButton ("Exit", 110, 60, 60, 25)

GUISetState (@SW_SHOWMINIMIZED)

While 1 = 1
   $curtime = "" & @HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC

WinSetTitle ($gui, "", $curtime)

For $i = 1 to 10 step 1

$msg = GUIGetMsg ()

Switch $msg
		 Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
			Exit
		 Case $btn_exit
			Exit
	  EndSwitch

Sleep (100)
   Next

WEnd
Do you want anything inside the window, or is it purely for UltraMon to grab the window title? It seems a bit strange to only want the time in the title bar. Unfortunately you have to have the emtpy window somewhere (can be minimized), otherwise the process loses its Window Title.

Keep in mind AutoIT also has the ability to change the title of any other window, given its current title or class name.

crumpuppet
Mar 22, 2007

ROBORT > EVERYTHING

pipebomb posted:

Can someone point me toward a little app I can run via login script that will grab: machine name|logged in user|ram|hdd free|hdd total? I put something together several years ago with vb, wmi and a comma delimited file but I lost both the exe and the code at some point.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vpbjvn42rivcnoj/t30rMWQ8nZ/diskinfo_to_csv.exe

• checks if "disk.csv" exists in same folder and appends to it
  • if "disk.csv" doesn't exist, it creates it and writes column headers (computername,username,ram,freespace,totalspace)
  • only checks drive C:
  • will fail if it doesn't have write permissions to the current folder
  • will append a new line of data on each execution
  • all figures are in MB

This kind of thing is normally very customized, so let me know if you want anything else added (datestamps, without column headers, etc).

Here is the exact same thing in VBScript (without the column header bits) if the AutoIT exe is too beefy for a cross-network login script.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vpbjvn42rivcnoj/j0Z3rbDgYw/disk_info_to_csv.vbs

edit: whoa did you change your avatar just now? :)

crumpuppet
Mar 22, 2007

ROBORT > EVERYTHING

pipebomb posted:

That's pretty fantastic - thank you. If I wanted to add a network path, I could just add it to outfile, yes?

Sweet :)

Yep you can enter any path, be it the whole UNC network address or a mapped network drive. Just include the file name at the end.

outfile = "\\server\share\disk.csv"

or

outfile = "Z:\disk.csv"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crumpuppet
Mar 22, 2007

ROBORT > EVERYTHING

pipebomb posted:

Thanks Hayden, but Crumpuppets is just right. Crum, can I shoot you a few bucks for your time?

Thanks but it's alright. I already use basically exactly that script at work so I had it locked and loaded.

• Locked thread