Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TylerK
Jan 15, 2001

Neurozys posted:

Sorry for the contentless bump, but we could really use more requests.
I've got a couple of requests. Hope they aren't too specific.

1. Something that downloads the animated gif of the weather radar from my area (file is located here, and no that url doesn't change) and then displays it in a window. The window shouldn't have a title bar or anything, just a frame big enough for that gif to fit in it. If I press escape or click anywhere on the gif, the window closes. I was able to do all of this in AutoHotKey except no matter what I did I couldn't get the gif to actually animate. This is important. If you want to make it more useful to other people and have the user specify the url of radar gif file on the initial run that's fine.

Bonus points: Display either the 3 or 5 day forecast from my area (zip code 62704) in text-only format at the top or bottom of the radar. I should be able to toggle this display on and off via a key like space or shift or whatever.

2. Screenshot grabber with a twist. I want to be able to click and drag a rectangle on the screen. The graphic contents of that rectangle are then copied over to a new window. Scaling the window also scales the graphic inside it to match, though there should be a button or hotkey to revert it to its original size. I should be able to drag the window with the mouse. I'd also like to save the image as either BMP or JPG, to toggle the window as "always on top" and to set the opacity of the window (in percent) if possible.

Bonus points: The mousewheel functions as a quick zoom-in / zoom-out on the window.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TylerK
Jan 15, 2001

Wuntvor posted:

Sorry, but I probably won't be doing this, although I promise I'll look into it. :) Either way, take a look at this: WeatherDisplay, I hope it's what you were looking for. :)
gently caress YES. This is exactly what I wanted! Thanks so much!

• Locked thread