Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Poz
Sep 8, 2003

Dr. Poz just diagnosed you with a serious case of being a pussy. Now get back out there and hit them till you can't remember your kid's name.

Pillbug

modern day skillet posted:

Instead of having to click on a folder every time you make a new folder, it would be easier to have a pop up where you can name your folder. Yes I know that the focus is on the folder when you create it, but having the pop up is better / more intuitive.

If your keyboard has a Context Menu button (usually in between alt + ctrl on the right hand side) you can press that, then M and you enter rename mode on whatever file you currently have highlighted. Not what you were looking for exactly, but a whole application may be overkill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Poz
Sep 8, 2003

Dr. Poz just diagnosed you with a serious case of being a pussy. Now get back out there and hit them till you can't remember your kid's name.

Pillbug

Ortazel posted:

I have a slightly odd request, although I'm not sure how feasible it is. I have an aging Dell laptop with a faulty power socket. Whenever the power adapter is plugged into the laptop, Windows registers it as charging, when in reality there is about a 50-50 chance that it is slowly draining the battery.

Would it be possible to write an app which would poll the battery charge every minute or two and pop up a visual alert in the status bar if this number is decreasing while the battery is supposedly charging?

Request filled here. Requires .NET 2.0. I'll post it to the Wiki soon. I included the Program.cs file, where all of the relevant code is located, for those who are interested though not needed to run the program.

NoSpoon posted:

I'd like a tiny application that sits in my taskbar and is just a stopwatch. I'd want it visible all the time, sort of like the "Windows Desktop Search" bar or something. In an ideal world I'd be able to save the time with a note.. so at the end of the month I'd have a file:
code:
01/08/08    13:52:00    13:53:30    00:01:30    Whoring SA
01/08/08    13:55:00    13:57:00    00:02:00    Doing work
And I could see that I'd spent 2 minutes doing work and a minute thirty whoring SA.

A bare stopwatch would also be handy though..

Got this one also, located here. Same notes as above.

Dr. Poz fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Aug 24, 2008

Dr. Poz
Sep 8, 2003

Pillbug

PraetorianUSMC posted:

After having a hard drive die on me and finding out that I didn't know what I all had on it, I would like a program that allows you to select a hard drive, copies the folder structure of that drive, and copies all the files on the hard drive into the copied folder structure, but without copying any data, just blank files with the same filename and extension.

This would allow me to compress it all into a tiny zip file, then if I lose a drive, I can unzip my backup, and browse through the drive folders and see what files I need to go about getting.

Is there any reason a text file of some kind with the directory/file structure woulnd't be preferable?

• Locked thread