Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epicenter
Dec 17, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I'd like a program that acts basically as a customized random image viewer. It would scan a directory structure (e.g. a dir and all its subdirs), and then let you check off some of those dirs. It'll then go through and select random image file and display it. Then it'd have a button to go through and pick another random one and display it. (or to listen for a particular keystroke would be even better.) It could use the standard windows image viewer for actually displaying the image.

EDIT: This would also be great for music! You could select an image and an audio program with a 'browse...' button and it'd use that to show images or play music files.

Could anyone do this? :) Thanks!

Epicenter fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Apr 20, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epicenter
Dec 17, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I would really appreciate some help with this one...

I have a very, very poor internet connection that drops out every couple of minutes for over 20 seconds, sometimes more. So I'll access a page or submit an order to a site, or try to upload something, and it will fail and I'll have to backtrack 3 or 4 pages and start the whole process over again, and I run the risk of doing something retarded like making an online order twice, etc.

So what I would have great use for is an app that keeps a constant indication of if my internet connection is stable or not. Like a little icon in the system tray that shows a red light if it's out, a yellow light if it's just come back on and a green light if it's been stable for some time.

The catch-- Ping/Tracert/etc. is blocked by my ISP for some reason (probably they are using NAT to connect all the clients) so it would have to test connectivity by some other means.

Would anyone be able to cook something like this up?

• Locked thread