Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Fold
Apr 16, 2004
Here's something I've been after for a while.

I noticed the [url]http://www.tinyappz.com/wiki/Moveclone]Moveclone[/url] app on the wiki, and this does half of what I'm looking for.

I'd like a directory structure to be cloned then for all files not modified for a period of time (say 6 months) to be moved to the cloned structure (that is, create an archive of sorts for old files). And if the move empties a directory then that directory gets deleted.

I used to work for a fashion company and had to frequently do this to stop the designers from filling up the servers to capacity each month, although I always had to do it manually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fold
Apr 16, 2004

wrok posted:

I updated moveclone to do what you want. Just call it with the -r flag to remove empty source directories (inclusive of the root source directory).

Excellent, I'll try it out!

The Fold
Apr 16, 2004
I've been trying to find an app that doesn't require me to download adware at the same time to do this all evening...

What I want to be able to do is enter a search term for google images and have the resulting images downloaded for me. My reasoning behind this is I was trying to show my girlfriend a load of the 'motivational posters' but obviously having to click through each result took a while.

I'm not even sure if something like this is even possible but I thought I'd ask :)

The Fold
Apr 16, 2004

DLCinferno posted:

Here you go. This was a nifty idea so it made for a fun project! :)

http://tinyappz.com/wiki/Google_Image_Getter

Only has a single worker thread so it isn't the fastest downloader in the world. Requires latest .NET probably.

You sir, are a genius! I'm amazed there wasn't already something like this out there but thanks a bunch, it works a treat!

• Locked thread