Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oranjeboom
Jun 28, 2004

Wow, awesome to see this thread return. I have a request for what I take to be a pretty quick wav audio file splitter:

A fast, no-frills app which splits wav files into a desired number of even segments, saving those files to a subdirectory:
-- Input syntax like "wavsplit -9 somesound.wav", which will split somesound into 9 equally sized wav files, and save them to ../pieces/
-- Preferably doesn't need to load the entire wave file into memory, so that large (multi-gb) files can be easily split.

Someone might have done this before, but I've only found spyware, memory-intensive (ie, doesn't load the whole 2gb file into memory first), or overkill software.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oranjeboom
Jun 28, 2004

Mad Brahmin posted:

Hopefully this works, but I'm sure it will butcher any headers for the split files. It would probably be recommended to backup the source file before testing this out even though it's opened for reading only.

Usage: wavsplit numberOfFiles sourceFile outputPrefix

outputPrefix is optional and will rename the files prefix_####.wav instead of sourceFile_####.wav. Output files will be stored in sourcePath/../pieces/. The last piece will probably be a few bytes larger than the rest.

http://www.tinyappz.com/images/a/ac/WavSplit.zip

Awesome -- it seems to work as advertised. Thanks for including the code, too.

• Locked thread