Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Softcox
Jul 13, 2004

But I will not hesitate.
Not for a second.
I just thought of something that would be pretty cool (to me at least) and is pretty tiny. Basically when you're burning a DVD any blank space is wasted (ignoring multisession). My idea is to make a right click menu where you can select a bunch of files and create PAR2 parity data files. The amount to create would just be the size of a blank DVD-5/9 minus the amount of data in the files you have selected.

Example: I have 4GB of files in a folder, I right click on them, say "Fill DVD-5 with Parity". Program creates ~350MB of .par2 files in the same folder. So you put them on the DVD with the usual data and you get extra defence against scratches etc.

If this is a stupid idea just say so. It just seemed :awesome: to me. Doesn't have to be done through right-click either that just seemed simplest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread