Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

Sharkface posted:

http://slightlyprofessional.net/DirectorySplit.rar

does exactly what you asked. You can dry fire it to be sure you're not gonna gently caress anything up.

I was beaten and I did not even get to the GUI yet :smith:

Also it probably is going to gently caress stuff up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

Neurozys posted:

I'm curious - what do all the ^'s mean?

It means the same thing that not putting ^'s in C# means, a reference to a CLR object. I am using C++ because of being stubborn and we need fancy special syntax for "this is not a native object on the stack".

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

Did anyone yet request an app that would download a web page, search all links (a href, embedded media, possibly imgs) and display them in a checkbox list that is filtered through a user-provided regexp, downloading all checked files on button click? :3:

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

Ah, that is awesome. Thanks a lot :)

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

I have no idea how to do this (or how much effort it involves), but assuming proper APIs are available, it sounds pretty easy:

I want a program that switches between configurable network "profiles" so that I can click a button and it will change my windows proxy settings, my firefox proxy settings, my ethernet and wlan IP/netmask/gateway/dns settings and possibly starts a VPN client. I take my laptop around between home, dormitory and university and while some of these come with DHCP, the proxy thing is pretty annoying and I kind of like my fixed IPs.

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

RedDragon posted:

If someone can write me a program in C# or C++ along with the source code that is similar to this one.

http://rapidshare.com/files/42053881/Stopwatch.exe.html

Which was made in java, i would greatly appriciate it.

PM me any questions.

"You have reached the download-limit for free-users. Want to download more?
Get your own Premium-account now! Instant download-access! (Or wait 201 minutes)"

Can you just tell what it does? I doubt many are willing to execute random .exe files to find out.

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

code:
ALPHABET = 'ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789*-'

def e(n)
  out = ''
  loop do
    i = n & 0b111111
    n = (n >> 6) - 1
    out << ALPHABET[i]
    break if n == -1
  end
  out
end

def d(s)
  n = -1
  s.each_byte do |i|
    n = ((n+1) << 6) + ALPHABET.index(i.chr)
  end
  n
end

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

vanjalolz posted:

I'm looking for a small app which will open up a torrent file and extract the file list + md5/sha1/hash/whatever info. Upon doing so, i need it to look at a certain folder (which i specify), get the md5/sha1/hash/whatever of all the files in that folder, and then rename said files to the correct name specified in the .torrent file if the md5/sha1/hash/whatever matches.

For bonus credit, if all the files in the torrent are in a specific folder, rename the parent folder to what it should be.

=D
http://www.tinyappz.com/wiki/Request:1193053969

I wrote a ruby script that did, in a few test cases on a Linux system, what I think you wanted.

http://pastemonkey.org/paste/4720e64f-96a4-4c04-9ed1-1feb404fdb0d

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

You install Perl, then you put that chunk of code except the lines with "cat >"/"EOF" in them into a file called format.pl, then you say "perl format.pl < your_csv_file > your_new_text_file" in the command prompt in the directory where you put format.pl.

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

genki posted:

I'll give this a quick shot in C#. However, I'm not sure that it will handle large files. Still, it should be fast.

Yeah well I gave this a quick shot in C. It will handle large files and I bet it is even faster!

free cookies to whoever sends in an assembly language version which was not produced from my C code

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

vanjalolz posted:

Link is 404.

Teaches me to trust pastebins.

http://londeroth.org/~ben/bencode.rb renouncing all liabilities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

tablebreaker posted:

I have one for Linux, if that's okay. I'd like the ability to unrar several files in the same folder with the same password without having to manually repeat the process of pasting the password into each file.... That would be great!

I am thinking for file in folder/*.rar; do unrar x -ppasswordgoeshere $file; done, but I have not tested it because I do not have any passworded rars :(

• Locked thread