Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WangNV
Mar 22, 2001
I'm so lonely
I have a piece of stupid software that uses the built-in windows XP FTP shell to connect to an outside server. This means no passive ftp, as XP's shell doesn't support passive mode. I have a PIX 515E running IOS 6.3(5) that does NAT on that network, and has a static address (not pooled) for the machine that does the ftp.

FTP fixup is turned on for ports 20 and 21. The ftp client connects fine, but file transfers fail, or download at a whopping 1.7k a sec. (Even when the host is in the DMZ outside the firewall and thus on the same 100 BASE-T network). Can anybody else think of what might be causing this?

Passive FTP connections work great, but the software won't do it. I've tried configuring reverse DNS records like they (cisco) say, but I still get nothing. What gives?

WangNV fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Apr 18, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WangNV
Mar 22, 2001
I'm so lonely

WangNV posted:

I have a piece of stupid software that uses the built-in windows XP FTP shell to connect to an outside server. This means no passive ftp, as XP's shell doesn't support passive mode. I have a PIX 515E running IOS 6.3(5) that does NAT on that network, and has a static address (not pooled) for the machine that does the ftp.

FTP fixup is turned on for ports 20 and 21. The ftp client connects fine, but file transfers fail, or download at a whopping 1.7k a sec. (Even when the host is in the DMZ outside the firewall and thus on the same 100 BASE-T network). Can anybody else think of what might be causing this?

Passive FTP connections work great, but the software won't do it. I've tried configuring reverse DNS records like they (cisco) say, but I still get nothing. What gives?

To answer my own question, don't hire stupid people to set up your router. The guy who put the thing together years ago enabled ftp fixup on both port 20, and 21. This meant it was try to fixup all the data connections, as well as the auth connection. This obviously was causing problems.