Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GhostSeven
Apr 23, 2005

Yesterday Was A Million Years Ago
I have a SoHo 97 with the god awful web admin. I have limited experience with cisco gear but basically just want to get it to do is work as a Ethernet ADSL modem to replace my linksys wireless router that is doing that at the moment.

I have an 8 IP block so would like to set it to unnumbered, my setup is as follows

Internet <---> CISCO GOES HERE <--> IP Cop Box <--> Rest Of Network

Currently a linksys modem/router/wirless bit of kit is sitting where the SOHO 97 would go, it is doing the job fine but it's a little overkill and has most of its features turned off.

This may be a little rambly and hard to understand but hope I have got the details across.

I have a basic understanding of the cicso config files and I can Hyperteminal into the unit etc.

Any tips etc would be fantastic (Or a config example of how to do this)

Oh also is the SOHO 97 ok on 8Meg ADSL (ADSL Max In The UK)

GhostSeven fucked around with this message at 16:37 on May 11, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostSeven
Apr 23, 2005

Yesterday Was A Million Years Ago
Just read your reply again and I think the config you posted will do exactly what i want by the sounds of it, sorry for this post as it may have not been required!

Thanks again

Herv posted:

Ok when you say you want IP unnumbered you want your block of 8 public IP addresses to be where?

Would the outside interface of the IP Cop Box hold some/all of the public ip addresses? If so then you just want to bridge the DSL interface to the ethernet interface and then let IP run on the IP Cop Box.

Actually I think im being a bit of an idiot, I dont really need to use the other IP addresses (not really have a use for them any more) just need to bridge(?) the connection between the outside world and the ipcop box. I just think i used to use unumbered on the linksys (sorry if im not being clear)

My current IPCop Box uses one of my external IP block and my router uses another, can i set the cisco to have the same IP on both sides of its interface i.e WAN same as local IP on the cisco. Again sorry if this is not clear, but hope this helps.

GhostSeven fucked around with this message at 22:02 on May 11, 2007