Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!
I'm attempting to build a CCNA lab(edit* lab, not lap!) for this summer. I'm currently a Freshman majoring in CIS, and it's been my goal to have my CCNA by the end of my Freshman summer for some time now. I took a vocational program through my High School which covered the CCNA curriculum, and I actually still have access to the curriculum.

Anyway, my question isn't about learning material... it is: Where should I buy my CCNA lab from? I looked on ebay and stuff, but I try to avoid buying things on ebay. What routers/switches do you folks recommend to go with, and why? I'd like to get this lab up and running in around a month, so I'm not in any rush.

If anyone has any tips about studying for the CCNA, please feel free to chime in. I plan on buying one of those "CCNA Flash Card" guide things. I just like being able to review possible questions. While in Barnes & Noble I glanced through one and could answer about... 25% of the questions I looked at, so I'm not ridiculously rusty considering I haven't touched this material in around a year.

Kudosx fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Apr 20, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!
I asked my question 4 days ago and still no answer! Mush Cisco geeks! Mush!

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!

EiZei posted:

Did they actually ask you about arcane technologies like ISDN and Frame Relay over there as well? Those are almost extinct here in Finland yet the Cisco materials feature them heavily. :(

The only logical explanation I can think of is that theyre much more common in the US. Is this the case?

Though I haven't touched Cisco material in around 6 months...... the last I looked, it still covered ISDN/Frame Relay quite a bit. I've also never seen ISDN/Frame Relay actually put into use.