Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Toastmaker

crazy as a fish with titties

bison wings posted:

*Cox whistle* Listen up, Meghan. I'm gonna need you to run a full infection screen on Ms Jones here and stop worrying about how you lost the tiny comb that goes with your little pony dolls. And I know, I know, it's going to be just IMPOSSIBLE to get those stubborn tangles out of their neon-colored-cupcake-scented hair without it. And if the ponies aren't properly brushed, well gosh darn, how are they ever going to attend Teddy Ruxpin's wedding ceremony?

im jealous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Free Market Gravy

hey, barbie, nice job on the williams case. it had to be a real test of your medical knowledge to diagnose his eating a tuna salad sandwich that was just a bit past it's prime and, god help me, i fear that it really was. however, don't start burning your bras and stop shaving your legs just yet because your coma patient, mr. langdon, still hasn't just magically popped back into our realm as you were apparently hoping. therefore, i'd recommend you join us back here in the present and run him down to radiology so you can check for cerebral hemorrhaging. don't worry, i'll pencil you in for an hour of daydreaming about the time you were called ugly in the locker room and, gosh darn it, you knew it wasn't true, but it just stuck with you all these years and sometimes when you're alone and it's quiet at night you can still hear their taunts and japes. i would never deny you the opportunity to doubt yourself seeing as it's just so much fun to watch.

bison wings

Santa's greatest accomplishment was convincing the world he didn't exist
serious Dr Cox:

You gotta remember, betting against death is like betting against the house. And the house always wins, newbie. In this hell hole filled with the dead and the dying, there isn't much you or I can do with the deck so mercilessly stacked against us. Every person who walks in here is a bet I wish I didn't have to take. But we just have to keep rolling the dice, hoping that we get lucky, and that something we do actually goes right for a change. Because if, by some minute chance, you can save just one person... well that's a pretty worthwhile accomplishment, don't you think?

Fidel Castronaut

Houston, we're Havana problem.
Suuuuuuuuhwell Gertrude, you've finally figured out that nooooooobody cares when a doctor does something right, just when they do something wrong. Weclome to medicine Sally because this is it. This right here, this is what you're in a HUNDRED thoooowsund dollars of debt for, zero zippo nihl appreciation newbie. But maybe, just maybe, if you can hold on to whatever sliver of your soul that is left after the years of disillusionment that I have hopefully beat into your thick skull that is covered in luxurious hair product, maybe *gets a serious face and lowers voice* you will realize that the accolades don't matter, just saving someone's life is the only reward you get and the only reward you should need.

Free Market Gravy

bison wings posted:

serious Dr Cox:

You gotta remember, betting against death is like betting against the house. And the house always wins, newbie. In this hell hole filled with the dead and the dying, there isn't much you or I can do with the deck so mercilessly stacked against us. Every person who walks in here is a bet I wish I didn't have to take. But we just have to keep rolling the dice, hoping that we get lucky, and that something we do actually goes right for a change. Because if, by some minute chance, you can save just one person... well that's a pretty worthwhile accomplishment, don't you think?

:bravo:

Toastmaker

bison wings posted:

serious Dr Cox:

isnt this an actual dr cox? or is it just a case of "it doesnt DO anything, that's the beauty of it"

whopkins
aaaaaa 5

Godsword

Watch street tough maverick with nothing to lose

Whopkins posted:

aaaaaa 5

bison wings

Santa's greatest accomplishment was convincing the world he didn't exist

Toastmaker posted:

isnt this an actual dr cox? or is it just a case of "it doesnt DO anything, that's the beauty of it"

I just used the coxian formula: pick a theme and beat it to death because you like the sound of your voice. Plus he has a very specific view of how the hospital is. There is a good chance there is a cox speech similar to this one, seeing as he how he says pretty much these exact things whenever he gets serious.

Bi Stunna
let me get this straight, shirley, you were late for your shift because of an accident on the highway? i think we're going to pull up the Coxipedia, the free encyclopedia only i can edit, and get to the bottom of this. *sits in front of computer and types on keyboard obnoxiously* ohhhh hooooooo! looks like you were actually at the bar, pumping quarters in the jukebox so you could play dexy's midnight runners throughout your entire stay, and before you could say "too-rye-ay", you were drunk on three chocolate choo choos and passed out in the arms of a nice gentleman named kelly

Jordan Hass

by Lowtax
You Know What Barbie, I have had it up to here *holds up his clipboard* with your talk of marrage, i re-he-he-he-EAAALLLY don't like when people show me the engagement rings, then they get all excited for the wedding date, then when that time comes they get all "OH MY GOD... I WANT TO QUIT" and they leave them at the alter, or they continue on and have a terrific twenty three years of marrage before they relize they have to be stuck with each other for the rest of their god forsaken lives, now barbie, you HAVE to be smarter than that? If Not, you're going to get married then get pregnant on the honeymoon, then get a baby who you will wonder why he calls you "Barbie" rather than "Mom", then they are off to college, and then ask you every day of every week of every month for the next four years for money so they could buy weed from DEAR GOD BARBIE, my son Jack... AND WE DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T WANT THAT TO HAPPEN EVER BARBIE YOU GOT IT? *bumps shoulders*

Toastmaker

Kuback posted:

i think we're going to pull up the Coxipedia, the free encyclopedia only i can edit

haha

Bloodmane

by Ozma

Midelne posted:

The saddest thing about this thread is the number of people who are reading it without knowing what a Dr Cox rant is. :smith:

Toastmaker

now i know what you're thinking newbie, i'm going to come over here and call you francine or deborah or roxanne, stretch out a vo-how-how-howel sound and chide you for some small mess-up ad infinitum, but today it's not going to work like that, because today is the first annual perry cox not-giving-a-drat day so if you need a stern talking to ask laverne her opinions on premarital sex and report your findings to me in the cafeteria while i'm dining on the most deliciously tasteless meatloaf sandwich imaginable and thinking about how they really ought to require golf players to wear kilts and i might be able to muster up the energy to call you a unisex name such as alex or sam or frances and list two or three things i care less about than your relationship troubles such as global climate change, the fcc and ugg boots which might i add are quite aptly named

Toastmaker fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Apr 16, 2007

Jordan Hass

by Lowtax
If Toastmaster is Dr. Cox, I call "J.D."

So i could get a hug...

*reaches arms out*

---
*inner voice*

You know friendship comes in diffrent ways...

...like when your best friend from high school saves your patient...

...or when your co-worker finds the right doseage of medication...

...or when your mentor reaches and gives you a hug...

*Dr. Cox Walks Off*

...sometimes friendship also remains hidden

----

Some Gravy

Toastmaker posted:

now i know what you're thinking newbie, i'm going to come over here and call you francine or deborah or roxanne, stretch out a vo-how-how-howel sound and chide you for some small mess-up ad infinitum, but today it's not going to work like that, because today is the first annual perry cox not-giving-a-drat day so if you need a stern talking to ask laverne her opinions on premarital sex and report your findings to me in the cafeteria while i'm dining on the most deliciously tasteless meatloaf sandwich imaginable and thinking about how they really ought to require golf players to wear kilts

laverne is dead

you write for scrubs you should know this

Toastmaker

Zima posted:

laverne is dead

you write for scrubs you should know this

what the hell really?!

im only on season 3

Bike without wheels

this post
Bunny, can we just go? Nobody saw a loving thing!
Guy's in three years and thinks he's Jesus loving Christ or something.

Jordan Hass

by Lowtax

Toastmaker posted:

what the hell really?!

im only on season 3

and season 5 is out 5/22/2007.

you gotta get a move on buddy, we're allready on season 7.

Toastmaker

Jordan Hass posted:

and season 5 is out 5/22/2007.

you gotta get a move on buddy, we're allready on season 7.

drat im behind

tell me, does kelso ever lose a thumb in an accident only to have him ask cox to treat him and have cox go "what has TWO thumbs and doesnt give a crap? perry cox, pleasure's mine"

cause that should definitely happen

Defenestration

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Well then Sporty Spice, why don't you pack up your tennis skirt and lovely matching spankie to wear underneath and scurry on off to that Jenny Craig spinning class you're so anxious to attend and tonight when you're sitting in front of your computer in your voltron boxers, checking your empty easydates.com inbox for the fortieth time and rubbing icy hot on your tragically overdrawn groin, I hope you catch a glimpse of yourself in the little vanity mirror on your dresser and remember this moment WHY? Because I, the prognosticator Cox, am here all the way from the future to tell YOU that that extra dimple you're trying so hard to develop between your rear end cheeks and the small of your back has absolutely ZERO impact on anything that could remotely be considered worthwhile in the development of mankind. Now, if you'll excuse me Miss Universe, I have to get back in the wayback machine because my own time needs me to save itself from UNGH you're still going to make that mistake aren't you? Well by god if I get there and have to come right back and do this whole speech all over you can bet I'll begin it with a slap not because it will teach you anything but because you'll have wasted my time TWICE

Defenestration

"Jesus, kid, what?"

Toastmaker posted:

now i know what you're thinking newbie, i'm going to come over here and call you francine or deborah or roxanne, stretch out a vo-how-how-howel sound and chide you for some small mess-up ad infinitum, but today it's not going to work like that, because today is the first annual perry cox not-giving-a-drat day so if you need a stern talking to ask laverne her opinions on premarital sex and report your findings to me in the cafeteria while i'm dining on the most deliciously tasteless meatloaf sandwich imaginable and thinking about how they really ought to require golf players to wear kilts and i might be able to muster up the energy to call you a unisex name such as alex or sam or frances and list two or three things i care less about than your relationship troubles such as global climate change, the fcc and ugg boots which might i add are quite aptly named
gently caress, you're good.
mine was just random bullshit, but you hit all the nuances

Jordan Hass

by Lowtax

Toastmaker posted:

drat im behind

tell me, does kelso ever lose a thumb in an accident only to have him ask cox to treat him and have cox go "what has TWO thumbs and doesnt give a crap? perry cox, pleasure's mine"

cause that should definitely happen

not yet, but they have said that phrase like 4 more times.

also Elliot and JD will never be together and It Turns Out The Ending To The Last Episode of Scrubs Will Be, That it was all in a sno-globe at Bill Lawrence's House

---

Now back to the ranting...

Oka *Whistles* EVERYONE IN A SINGLE FILE LINE! One of you people decided it would be funny to try and add a cutsey-wutsy bunny sticker with a rainbow and butterfly on my clipboard, let it be noted that i nor shal i ever wish to be... a cutsey wutsey rabbit, i am not a rabit, i am more of a vulture, a vulture who would peck out the cutsey wutsey bunny's eyes and feed it to little baby vultures for nurishment because thats the kind of humane person i am... I am ruling it down to just two people Barbie and Barbie... if i find out which one of you added this brand mark covered in glitter and glows in the dark, i will make sure you will permanently remember this moment...

*end of the episode*

*JD Gets Up*

*looks in the mirror*

*takes off shirt*

*stares at chest and looks at the bunny tattoo*

AHHHHHHHHHHH!

Toastmaker

Jordan Hass posted:

not yet, but they have said that phrase like 4 more times.

also Elliot and JD will never be together and It Turns Out The Ending To The Last Episode of Scrubs Will Be, That it was all in a sno-globe at Bill Lawrence's House

---

Now back to the ranting...

Oka *Whistles* EVERYONE IN A SINGLE FILE LINE! One of you people decided it would be funny to try and add a cutsey-wutsy bunny sticker with a rainbow and butterfly on my clipboard, let it be noted that i nor shal i ever wish to be... a cutsey wutsey rabbit, i am not a rabit, i am more of a vulture, a vulture who would peck out the cutsey wutsey bunny's eyes and feed it to little baby vultures for nurishment because thats the kind of humane person i am... I am ruling it down to just two people Barbie and Barbie... if i find out which one of you added this brand mark covered in glitter and glows in the dark, i will make sure you will permanently remember this moment...

*end of the episode*

*JD Gets Up*

*looks in the mirror*

*takes off shirt*

*stares at chest and looks at the bunny tattoo*

AHHHHHHHHHHH!

haha

oh hey my first gold thread :)

Defenestration

"Jesus, kid, what?"

Toastmaker posted:

haha

oh hey my first gold thread :)
yea I don't think you were getting anywhere with the "50s sitcom or Subsaharan Jungle Insect" threads

Toastmaker

Defenestration posted:

yea I don't think you were getting anywhere with the "50s sitcom or Subsaharan Jungle Insect" threads

hey come on those were fun

Toastmaker

i read that neil flynn originally auditioned for the role of dr cox. imagine john mcginley and neil flynn switching roles :psyduck:

marge

by T. Fine
dr cocks lmao

Bike without wheels

this post
noone got my platoon joke :(

Jordan Hass

by Lowtax

Bike without wheels posted:

noone got my platoon joke :(

i did, i just don't comment on "refrences", because it ruins the joke.

Chamberk

when there is nothing left to burn you have to set yourself on fire
this thread is all sorts of fantastic. 5erz

goddamnit I tried to make a Cox rant but I failed. I'll cogitate on one for tomorrow

Dirtbag Diva
Listen Betty, as much as it pains you to know that Archie took Veronica instead of you to the big winter sock hop instead of you I can a-ha-bsolutely promise you one thing and one thing alone; that your insignificant, inconsequential and overall obnoxiously self-induced relationship problems have, are and always will be second to your obligation as a doctor at this hospital. You have patients that need you right here and now and unless you want to give Veronica the satisfaction of getting to you, and let's face it *chuckle* I mean who doesn't? Then you'd better get your act into gear and stop acting like the Homecoming Queen you're campaigning so HARD for this semester and start acting like a real grown up doctor like the rest of us.

almightyjimbob

I love pretzel day.

Billybobgeorgebob

by Fragmaster
My sister who loves scrubs and is a nurse would love this thread.

Billybobgeorgebob

by Fragmaster

Billybobgeorgebob posted:

My sister

Entelechia
Okay Felicia, I know your pigtails are still all up in a tizzy from last night's stirring Justin Timberlake concert, but just to unravel those frilly, laced granda-ma sized nawwwty-nawwwwwties of yours, your patient hasn't brought 'sexy' back to this hospital but rather a fairly severely 'hunched' back. So straighten up your dress there Esmerelda, 'cause Quasimodo sure doesn't like being with girls uglier than he is.

Suzerain

Toastmaker posted:

because god bobbo you're more fun to knock over than a weeble, and the best part is, you wobble AND fall down

this is awesome x1000

Atomic Monkey

HIS AVATAR IS BEN AFFLECK BUT HIS NAME IS ATOMIC MONK.. OH WAIT, I GET IT
holy loving poo poo

SpankinSteve

by DocEvil
listen petunia, you were a better doctor 3 years ago than you are now and ARGHHHHHHHHHH u hosed jordan why do i even still teach you life lessons at the end of episdodes ARGHHHHHHHH *shaves head and drinks a glass of jack daniels on the rocks while watching football*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatsMyBoye

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
there'd better be a sequel to this thread...

WITH AUDIO READINGS