Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Fasheem
Feb 19, 2007

Caffeinated Sloth posted:

I've wanted to see one. I understand they wear little shoes too.

I had to check out the ponies after this. They do! Little white booties! It's so cute. I don't think I would want one if I was blind though. They are much too unusual and adorable and would attract too much attention. HAY GUY CAN I PET YOUR HORSE PLEASE.

Oh, I have a question now. Can you tell if someone types all in caps? Without thinking, I imagine it would be read louder, but that seems kind of silly when I actually think about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fasheem
Feb 19, 2007

Caffeinated Sloth posted:

I think that it would
take some time to be able to recognize two-dimensional shapes, let one
be able to appreciate beauty. If it was an instantaneous transition
with no side affects, then I'd go for it--but that's never how things
actually are. Hope that made sense.

This makes a lot of sense. I dated a guy who was into fine art and it took ages for me to figure out how to look at it "properly" and appreciate it. I would look at something he said was amazing, and I would have no idea what the hell I was supposed to be seeing. It was an incredibly frustrating experience, and I've always had sight. I get it now (mostly) and do think it was worth the trouble.

I tried listening to the sound file. The slow version was hilarious. The fast version is incredible. It took several listens to get to the point where I can pick out the word "I" and that's only because it obviously breaks between sentences. So much for thinking that listening to the internet would be tedious and time-consuming.

Fasheem
Feb 19, 2007

SeraphSlaughter posted:

Print size. In order to read a book of normal typeface (something like 12 point font) it needs to be no less than six inches from my face. The bigger the font, the better I can read farther away. On the computer I'm normally about six to eight inches away from the screen, without glasses. I find it easier to read without glasses, as I get headaches if I read with them for some reason. Because of this, I have not taken one single note written on a board in school. I rarely take notes, and only if they are said aloud.

Everyone tells me I just have to "get used" to wearing glasses but I'm currently sitting with my face pushed against the screen because wearing glasses gives me a headache. This is the first time anyone has backed me up on this. Do you have any theories about why? I think it's the crazy unfocused peripheral vision. I never had problems when I wore contacts.