Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
PhotogK
Jul 21, 2007

Cicada Ctyle Cex
My apologies if this has been asked as I've skipped from page 8 to here.

I'm a professional photographer and my line of work is very much my passion as well. After I've had a really good shoot or more often when I'm formulating my next one I like to talk about it with my friends.

A close friend of my best friend is blind and when we hang out together I try to avoid talking about photography becuase I suspect that it would be a very boring conversation to him. Am I correct in thinking this or can discussion of visual art interest blind people (assuming they enjoy art to begin with of course).

In a similar vein, do you ever feel that you blindness makes it more difficult to people for whome sight is a very big part of who they are. I assume your ability to have realtionship along the lines of friendship would be largely unaffected, but what about more intimate relationships. For example, do you think it would be harder for you to date a painter than a musician or a programer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhotogK
Jul 21, 2007

Cicada Ctyle Cex
Hi, thanks for answering my previous question. I've recently become addicted to audiobooks. I've been using audible.com, but things are a little pricy there. Is there somewhere you would recommend more? Are some sites better for some things? For example perhaps audible is best for new books, but maybe some-site.com has classics like Alice in Wonderland and Shakespeare for a better price? Thanks a lot.