Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Directed by: David Giancola
Starring: Anna Nicole Smith, Joanie Laurer, Lenise Sor�n, Gladys Jimenez

I went to a pre-pre-pre screening of this (The director is a friend of the family). I had extremely low expectations of this film, and they were met.

The movie seems to try to recreate the feeling of fun and obnoxiousness that other "spoof" movies, such as Spy Hard, Naked Gun, and Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, yet seems to fall a little short of the mark.

The plot is basically an insane rip off of Charlie's Angels, but the Angels are "illegal Aliens" that defend the Earth. That plot gets extremely non-sensual at times, completely obliterating the forth wall almost throughout the entire movie.

The marketing for the movie is obviously going to be focused on "Anna's last film debut!!", but she is really a terrible actress. I was told she improvised most of her lines, and you can tell. Joanie Laurer (Chyna) is an actually competent actress however and IMHO shines throughout the entire movie. She made the movie bearable.

So that's about it. One small thing. Before Anna's death, the movie had an added feature that RIPPED into Anna, making fun of every aspect of her time on the film. This was removed after her death as it was considered in bad taste. The movie was meant to be a limited release, but with her death, it was decided to send straight to DVD.

RATING: 2.5

PROS: Funny, sort of Chyna was pretty good
CONS: Everything else, Anna can't act in any sense of the word.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758754/

quote:

"Charlie's Angels" goes sci-fi, with a touch of "Men In Black" thrown in for good measure, when three aliens morph into super-hot babes and arrive to protect the earth from the intergalactic forces of evil. Guided by Syntax, their holographic mentor, these Illegal Aliens are willing to use every trick in the book and every sexy outfit in their wardrobe to accomplish their mission! This film is filled with high-energy action, lowbrow spoofs and the high-camp acting reminiscent of the classic B-Movie genre how else could this film get away with Anna Nicole Smith saving the world? "Illegal Alien's" pokes fun at today's Hollywood and pays tribute to the so-called "Bad Movies" we all love to hate!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU