Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«19 »
Pop
Nov 29, 2005

They don't even fit.

quote:

The moment a teenage girl was stoned to death for loving the wrong boy

A 17-year-old girl has been stoned to death in Iraq because she loved a teenage boy of the wrong religion.

As a horrifying video of the stoning went out on the Internet, the British arm of Amnesty International condemned the death of Du’a Khalil Aswad as "an abhorrent murder" and demanded that her killers be brought to justice.

Reports from Iraq said a local security force witnessed the incident, but did nothing to try to stop it. Now her boyfriend is in hiding in fear for his life.

Miss Aswad, a member of a minority Kurdish religious group called Yezidi, was condemned to death as an "honour killing" by other men in her family and hardline religious leaders because of her relationship with the Sunni Muslim boy.

http://eye-on-the-world.blogspot.co...d-to-death.html

Link is not work safe, not mind safe, not safe from chunks of loving basalt, either. Girl being loving killed by being pelted with loving stones.

What the gently caress is wrong with you loving people. gently caress!

I don't even know what to say or what to think.

But I am very, very angry.

edit: don't digg this thread. it's already here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoroniK
Feb 24, 2006

holy poo poo that's disgusting

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

Definitely ready for a democracy.

groucho
Jan 31, 2005

wtf is wrong with people

Wacky Iraqi
Dec 24, 2002

Oh gently caress. Jesus christ. What can you even say?

That poo poo is horrific.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries of life stand explained

That's pretty hosed up.

I really liked how that video has a "MySpace - A place for friends" watermark on it.

Hood Ornament
Jul 17, 2005

i am a whippet pew pew pew

That really sucks.

I don't know what else to add to it, really.

That has to be a really lovely way to die.

Edit: Also, who can they arrest in this case? It looks like dozens of people participating and watching it. It's disgusting that her family actually agrees with this.

Hood Ornament fucked around with this message at May 4, 2007 around 19:48

5th Disciple
Mar 14, 2005

this is just ridiculously sad

Adolescence
May 8, 2005

Chinatown posted:

why did we ever bother with these people in the first place?

oh right

Radd McCool
Dec 3, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Yeup, they do that there.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

HYPER-THREADING

That is Iraq.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Viva la Malarky

They didnt even tie her to a pole or anything, just knocked her down and dropped cinder blocks on her. That takes the skill right out of it.

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

Heh...this is why we might as well leave Iraq. You cannot fix a situation that is dictated by irrational beliefs that aren't based on reality.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

...it's only gonna make you love me more...

I always wondered what it felt like to be so completely ignorant that doing things like this feels like a good idea.

Eugene Jerome
Jun 24, 2005

by angerbeet

quote:

17-year-old iraqi girl loving stoned to death

At least marijuana still hasn't killed anybody.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
The four most over-rated things in life are champagne, lobster, anal sex and picnics. Oh, and that stupid children's book 'The Little Prince,' ugh.

The Kurds may be our allies, but they loooove their honor killings as much as the Sunis love their adolescent boys.

Thenipwax
Jun 20, 2001

by Ozmaugh

I love how they do this poo poo in the name of "honour". gently caress them. If God existed, he'd come out of the sky and tell these people to stop pulling this poo poo in his name.

Nick L
Jun 22, 2004

Great, I'll never see that logo again without thinking...

The obvious answer is to put a limit on how many rocks a person can hold in one hand.

DONT CARE BUTTON
Jul 5, 2004

Chinatown posted:

Hey we were chopping off the limbs of our unruly slaves for almost 100 years after the start of our own democracy. Lynchings and worse for longer than that.

Senorsock
Dec 14, 2006

Spermy Smurf posted:

They didnt even tie her to a pole or anything, just knocked her down and dropped cinder blocks on her. That takes the skill right out of it.

I'm surprised it took till the 11th reply to get one like this.

But its a sad, loving miserable world that we live in. Its been a sad miserable world since its start and most likely will be until the end. Just have to try to make your own place in the world as good as you can.

Underwater Sandwich
Jul 8, 2005
iwifu iwifu iwifu

That makes my stomach turn. How incredibly horrible

KevinTheW
Jan 12, 2005

Sometimes the best way to reach your destination is to not tell anyone where you're going. #teamscooterbuddies

Why are we trying to "help" these people again? Yeah I'm generalizing.

bacteriophaggot
Mar 6, 2007

squirt.

ugh, in some places women are treated as lower than poo poo. This seriously makes me wonder: Why are we negotiating with these people? I'm not saying that they deserve to die or anything, but does the American government honestly think we have the same loving value systems?

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Looks like she won the lottery.

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

Nick L posted:

The obvious answer is to put a limit on how many rocks a person can hold in one hand.

poo poo, require licenses to even pick up rocks. Why do people need rocks anyway?

Zyzzyx
Aug 28, 2006

Nick L posted:

We have to be careful so that we don't have a rock-in-hand gap!

Adolescence
May 8, 2005

Wow, and here I am thinking that the Kurds were generally more civlized and reasonable people.

Guess I was way off on that one.

Mesmerjism
Oct 10, 2005

by Fistgrrl

It's still a terrible way to die. It said her boyfriend is hiding in fear for his life, but I have to wonder if he's even alive still at all.

CommissarRed
Dec 24, 2006

loving religious fanaticism is going to be the downfall of humanity.

Being stoned to death for love...

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

That's some heavy poo poo.

Eugene Jerome
Jun 24, 2005

by angerbeet

DFu4ever posted:

Why do people need rocks anyway?

To counteract paper and scissors.

scorpicon
Mar 23, 2005

DFu4ever posted:

Heh...this is why we might as well leave Iraq. You cannot fix a situation that is dictated by irrational beliefs that aren't based on reality.
Where I work, we work with various military agencies, and the owner of the company is conservative and has proudly done his duty in the military himself. He's got a photo of a bomb with some anti-Saddam message written on it in his office. Even he realizes that we can't fix anything and we should pull out now. Why? Because their society and morals are so totally different from ours that our mindsets will never meet; there is no hope for us "fixing" anything in Iraq. This is just one more example of how very different they live their lives.

As much as I understand it's a totally different culture, I just can't even begin to wrap my head around this.

Andre Weed 420
Feb 19, 2007

by angerbot

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Looks like she won the lottery.

I remember that movie from fifth grade. That was hosed up.

itscatchingup
Jan 5, 2007
"I cant read this its like reading the Holocaust!

uh this is Iraq. Just another meaningless death since 2003.

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

Eugene Jerome posted:

To counteract paper and scissors.

Touché, my friend...touché.

savory
Jul 15, 2006
whatever position we consider fit

loving dogs. There is no "cultural" excuse for this.

MarginOfError
Dec 23, 2005

by Fragmaster

It's hard to even call that civilization. I thought we got past the whole killing women for no reason thing like 600 years ago.

The video turns my stomach.

demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

This is monstrous. I really hate humanity sometimes.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also

Anyone got a link to the video?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutya
Jan 3, 2007

Mmmmmm...

What the gently caress? What makes this worse is that it was her own family members that basically passed their daughter's death sentence. If people do stuff like this in the name of religion, what is the point?

«19 »