Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«36 »
Lurdiak
Feb 25, 2006

Everything's coming up Paz!

Well, the old thread has fallen off the 3rd page, so I'm taking up the mantle. For the newbies, if one ever wants a particular series of panels, or a cover, this is the place to ask. Things like "that speech superman gives at the end of Red Son" or "That time Black Adam tore off Young Frankenstein's arms" or "The cover to Ultimates 11".

A few guidelines:
1) Don't get pissy if people don't immediately post what you asked for. Not everyone has a scanner, not everyone has every comic ever, and you're not owed anything by the members of this board.
2) Try to be specific with your requests. Saying "That one time superman told Luthor off" doesn't really narrow it down, so having the issue number or a good description of a scene will probably mean a more expedient reply from other posters.

IMPORTANT: THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR ASKING FOR COMPLETE COMICS. THAT IS NON-KOSHER, PROBABLY BANNABLE AND DOWNRIGHT ILLEGAL.

Now, since this thread is motivated by self-interest, here is my request. I need the opening pages of Ellis' first issue on New Thunderbolts, specifically the one where Bullseye talks about his latest kill and the whole popsicle thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiss Stealer
Feb 3, 2006

ocean pulls me close/whispers in my ear/the destiny i've chose/all becoming clear/currents have their say/the time is drawing near/washes me away/makes me disappear

Lurdiak posted:

Now, since this thread is motivated by self-interest, here is my request. I need the opening pages of Ellis' first issue on New Thunderbolts, specifically the one where Bullseye talks about his latest kill and the whole popsicle thing.

Just this one, or the opening 5 pages with Bullseye?

Lurdiak
Feb 25, 2006

Kiss Stealer posted:

Just this one, or the opening 5 pages with Bullseye?

Just that one, thanks a lot!

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/...lts110_pre.html for the first five pages.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.

Does anyone have any panels from Marvel 1602 without the word balloons?

Kiss Stealer
Feb 3, 2006

ocean pulls me close/whispers in my ear/the destiny i've chose/all becoming clear/currents have their say/the time is drawing near/washes me away/makes me disappear

Dorepoll posted:

Any panels at all?

Eat_at_Milliways
May 3, 2006
bald_kid

Can I get something funny with Jolly Jonah Jameson?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Nightmare fuel

Dorepoll posted:

Do you mean any panels that didn't originally have any balloons, or panels with the balloons Photoshopped out?

Kiss Stealer
Feb 3, 2006

Lobok posted:

Do you mean any panels that didn't originally have any balloons, or panels with the balloons Photoshopped out?

Either way, this is the only one I could find:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Nightmare fuel

I just flipped through and there are panels from the finished comics without balloons, but that page there is probably from the early previews and any more will be in short supply.

Lurdiak
Feb 25, 2006

Eat_at_Milliways posted:

Can I get something funny with Jolly Jonah Jameson?

See, this is exactly the kind of vague request this thread is meant to avoid. This is more of a "I need image X for reason Y" thing, not really a "show me something awesome" thread, or an interactive funny panel thread. But your request is still somewhat valid, if I improve it.

At the beginning of an older spider-man comic, Spidey is fighting either Hobgoblin or Vulture, and Jonah is rooting for the villain, despite Robbie pointing out that spider-man is just trying to stop him from whatever crime he's committed, to which Jonah replies "I don't care if he's burned down an orphanage, if he can take down that webheaded menace he's my hero" or something like that. Then he later covers his face with his hands going "no, don't let him web you!" when spidey latches on to the foe with a webline, sensing that Spider-man is about to get a comeback.

If someone knows what issue this is from, and can post the pages, I would be grateful, and so would Eat_at_Milliways.

Chamberk
Jan 11, 2004

when there is nothing left to burn you have to set yourself on fire

I've just done a speed-run of Invincible, and I was wondering if anybody could find the panel where Mark is carrying William up in the air and saying "This is SO gay." I'm not sure exactly which issue it's in, but it's probably in #6-10 or so.

Lurdiak
Feb 25, 2006

Chamberk posted:

I've just done a speed-run of Invincible, and I was wondering if anybody could find the panel where Mark is carrying William up in the air and saying "This is SO gay." I'm not sure exactly which issue it's in, but it's probably in #6-10 or so.

I request the "sequel" panel with Atom Eve or whatever her name is.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.

Kiss Stealer posted:

Any panels at all?

Just any whole page would be fine. Not picky on if it's an original or photoshop, I just love the art so much.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Please help! I'm looking for an 80's Marvel Toy ad, one that was promoting the Secret Wars II toyline, what with the "Secret Decoder Shield" features. It has Doctor Doom giving a terribly melodramatic rhyming speech about "making the world a living TOOOOOOOMB". It ran in every single Marvel book at the time, and I have no access to my old comics.

SumYungGai
Aug 5, 2000

Chamberk posted:

I don't know why I have this at work.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SumYungGai
Aug 5, 2000

Lurdiak posted:

I request the "sequel" panel with Atom Eve or whatever her name is.

This too.

SumYungGai
Aug 5, 2000

Trifecta!

Archyduke
Jul 18, 2006

Je suis la jeune fille.

Lurdiak posted:

See, this is exactly the kind of vague request this thread is meant to avoid. This is more of a "I need image X for reason Y" thing, not really a "show me something awesome" thread, or an interactive funny panel thread. But your request is still somewhat valid, if I improve it.

At the beginning of an older spider-man comic, Spidey is fighting either Hobgoblin or Vulture, and Jonah is rooting for the villain, despite Robbie pointing out that spider-man is just trying to stop him from whatever crime he's committed, to which Jonah replies "I don't care if he's burned down an orphanage, if he can take down that webheaded menace he's my hero" or something like that. Then he later covers his face with his hands going "no, don't let him web you!" when spidey latches on to the foe with a webline, sensing that Spider-man is about to get a comeback.

If someone knows what issue this is from, and can post the pages, I would be grateful, and so would Eat_at_Milliways.

Here you go, from Spider-Man's Tangled Web #11, written and drawn by the awesome Darwyn Cooke!

BiggStankDogg
Nov 20, 2006

I've searched everywhere for this, but can't find it anywhere. Does anyone have a pic of the cover of Space Ghost #4 from DC by Alex Ross? It's a pic of him bloodied and surrounded by Zorathians and he's pressing his power band for an explosion. Any help will be greatly appreciated...

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

BiggStankDogg posted:

I've searched everywhere for this, but can't find it anywhere. Does anyone have a pic of the cover of Space Ghost #4 from DC by Alex Ross? It's a pic of him bloodied and surrounded by Zorathians and he's pressing his power band for an explosion. Any help will be greatly appreciated...

BiggStankDogg
Nov 20, 2006

BAD rear end, dude. MUCH appreciated!

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

I initially saw this panel from an earlier incarnation of the Funny Panel thread, and I have spent a couple hours searching for it to no avail.

It's Aquaman laying out Superman with a punch.

I want it, because an accountant at my work actually wore an Aquaman t-shirt to work on a casual day, and I want to share it with him.

I mean, goddamn...who wears an Aquaman t-shirt, let alone to work?

Kiss Stealer
Feb 3, 2006

Sexual Lorax posted:

I mean, goddamn...who wears an Aquaman t-shirt, let alone to work?

I saw an Aquaman shirt at Target yesterday and totally would have bought it if I wasn't broke-rear end. And I would definitely wear it to work.

I mean, goddamn...who wouldn't wear an Aquaman t-shirt?

NickThorn
Jan 11, 2005

I'm fucking wild about KEYKEYs.

Kiss Stealer posted:

I saw an Aquaman shirt at Target yesterday and totally would have bought it if I wasn't broke-rear end. And I would definitely wear it to work.

I mean, goddamn...who wouldn't wear an Aquaman t-shirt?

That shirt is indeed badass and well printed, as are the Green Lantern and Flash shirts. There is a Ben Grimm's Poker Game Shirt at Wal-mart for 10 bucks, too!

NickThorn fucked around with this message at May 20, 2007 around 05:17

Guitar_Hero
Apr 17, 2006

HEY GUYS A BALL

NickThorn posted:

That shirt is indeed badass and well printed, as are the Green Lantern and Flash shirts. There is a Ben Grimm's Poker Game Shirt at Wal-mart for 10 bucks, too!

Love how they stuck Black Goliath in there.

NickThorn
Jan 11, 2005

I'm fucking wild about KEYKEYs.

Guitar_Hero posted:

Love how they stuck Black Goliath in there.

it is a very odd choice of characters, and lockjaw is just a BIG SWEETY!

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Can someone please post the picture from Volume 1: Issue 4 of The Darkness, where Jackie rips open one of the Eastwood brothers and goes "pop"?

The whole page, or just that section, whatever you can do.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

Can someone post the panel from hellboy of the monkey with the gun? The text is something like "He's got a gun!" then the monkey shoots Abe.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

NickThorn posted:

it is a very odd choice of characters, and lockjaw is just a BIG SWEETY!
That is the cover of The Thing (Volume 2) #8 by Dan Slott. That issue was awesome and almost every character that was available was in Poker Tournament scenes, including the Great Lake Avengers.

Lockjaw was something like the family pet for Ben, Franklin and Valeria for the duration of the series. Also, Damage Control was featured on issue and there was a cameo by Iron Spider suited Spider-Man.

Banjo
Jun 7, 2006

I would like the image of Carnage towering over a red New York City from Maximum Carnage. It would make a nice wallpaper (I'm a big Carnage fan!)

Lurdiak
Feb 25, 2006

Banjo posted:

I would like the image of Carnage towering over a red New York City from Maximum Carnage. It would make a nice wallpaper (I'm a big Carnage fan!)

Well, who isn't!

Hey, look at that, first result!

Nowadays everybody wanna post like they got something to say, but nothing comes out when they type their fingers, just a bunch of gibberish and they forgot about Google.

Banjo
Jun 7, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Well, who isn't!

Hey, look at that, first result!

Nowadays everybody wanna post like they got something to say, but nothing comes out when they type their fingers, just a bunch of gibberish and they forgot about Google.

Of course I've tried that but I hoped somebody had a larger picture to work with

emotional facism
Feb 10, 2006

from a lacerated sky

In the latest Punisher Max to be released, Man of Stone, there is a scene in the first issue or two, towards the end, watching TV and seeing the Man of Stone and "Invitation was more like it" and he's got the clicker and just looks so dark and bad rear end. I fuckin love Fernandezs' Punisher.

Syrg Sapphire
Mar 27, 2007

i know you love me but i'm still gone

So here's a weird-rear end request. I've no scanner, which means I have to ask others to help. Sonic the Hedgehog 115 had a set of "sketchbook" pages in it. On one was a set of images that was for a proposed 'alternate timeline' story. Could someone help with scans of this (the larger, the better)? I want to see if I can remove the text blocks from over some of the images to look at the parts they block (although if someone wants to try this, as well, I'd be ever more grateful).

Archyduke
Jul 18, 2006

Je suis la jeune fille.

Grifter posted:

Can someone post the panel from hellboy of the monkey with the gun? The text is something like "He's got a gun!" then the monkey shoots Abe.

I was just rereading The Right Hand of Doom yesterday evening, as luck would have it.

That monkey was a jerk.

Archyduke fucked around with this message at May 21, 2007 around 13:42

jujueyeballs
Nov 20, 2006
Chum

Could someone help me find a picture of King Mob with his scorpion tattoo visible?

Archyduke
Jul 18, 2006

Je suis la jeune fille.

I couldn't find a picture of him with, say, his back turned to the reader with the tattoo visible, but I did find a pretty nice close-up of the tattoo itself.

Hope this helps; if not I'll look a bit harder.

Edit: I've only got volume one with my at the moment, unfortunately. Anything in volumes two or three will have to wait until the weekend or until another goon comes on the scene.

Archyduke fucked around with this message at May 21, 2007 around 19:06

Sledra
Jan 24, 2005

How Thortunate!

Could someone post two panels from I think UFF. It's where Reed is wearing the helmet that makes whatever he imagines reality, I'm pretty sure it was a Greg Land creation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jujueyeballs
Nov 20, 2006
Chum

Thanks alot Archyduke, that's exactly what I was looking for!

«36 »