Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
SelmaDVangel
Apr 26, 2007
Very cool. I do notice that the British Beagles tend to be noticably bigger than our American Beagles. Or is that more of the hunting vs show thing? Anyway, cool doggies, I can almost hear the "arroooo arrroooo!" he he.

PS--Have ya'll ever considered Harriers, or are Beagles perfect because of their small size? I ask because you mentioned some of the Beagles are put into pet homes if they are too small, so my first thought was--"hey, what about Harriers?" I always wondered what would make someone decide for Harrier vs Beagle. Thanks for any info :).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelmaDVangel
Apr 26, 2007
Thanks for the info on Harriers vs Beagles, OP :). Yeah, in the US, Beagles are supposed to come in at 13" or 15", two different breed varieties. So, I guess the British Beagles are somewhat bigger if they come in at 16". I always wondered why there was a 13" and a 15"--it doesnt seem like a huge difference, but I guess there may be if the smaller guys are more hyper on the hunt as you said.

Beautiful hounds and thanks for the glimpse into your life. If Afghans did not take so much coat care, I would want my own "pack" of them one day, he he.

Sachiel and I have seen a pack of English Foxhounds kept by an American couple in Georgia, and these people are as close to landed gentry as the US gets--they have hundreds of acres, many beautiful horses on numerous gorgeous pastures, and they have their own foxhound pack--it was really neat to see all the dogs together. It looked to be a similar situation to your beagle kennel.

BTW, I love the word "beagling"--that is great :).

SelmaDVangel
Apr 26, 2007
About the Glen, the only thing I noticed was that it was very fat--he needs to follow the lead of those Beagles and get moving, he he.

But, pupppppiess! Too cute! I hope Twilight continues to be a great mom, and sorry about the one little pup that didn't make it :(.

Congrats on the new "A" litter--hope they all make awesome hunters (to go BEAGLING with--I still love that word :)).

SelmaDVangel
Apr 26, 2007
I didn't know about the Foxhound tradition of going to live with a "foster" family for its first year. That's kinda cool, though I imagine that it's hard for the host family of sorts to say goodbye to their floppy eared friend after a year :(.

Hope Twilight and her pups continue to do well!

SelmaDVangel
Apr 26, 2007
^^ They are both cute, but Daisy is dangerously adorable...:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelmaDVangel
Apr 26, 2007
Lurchers!! Yey sighthounds, he he. This thread needed a few needle noses in amongst all the beagle goodness :).

We saw the cooles/badass lurcher EVER: She had Saluki, Scottish Deerhound, Greyhound, and Pit Bull in her. She was bred to kill coyotes in the West, and supposedly did so with focused deadliness :).