Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Toadpuppy
Apr 8, 2003
Thank you for the beagle pictures. I love beagles :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadpuppy
Apr 8, 2003
Rocky and Daisy approve of this thread.

Rocky's on the left, Daisy's on the right.

Toadpuppy
Apr 8, 2003

SelmaDVangel posted:

^^ They are both cute, but Daisy is dangerously adorable...:3:

Thanks :) Daisy knows she's cute, too...it's really really hard not to spoil her!

notsoape posted:

And a question to you - have any of you beagle owners ever considered or tried out working your hounds?

I haven't, since I don't hunt and I live in the suburbs. My husband's boss is a hunter and told him that if we wanted to have trained hunting dogs, we'd have to send them to a trainer for a few months, and when we got them back, they wouldn't really be pets anymore. I'd rather have them be little cuddlebutts than actual hunting dogs, even though I've been told that I'm wasting good beagles...

They do take down the occasional unfortunate bunny that wanders into the yard. It's always fun to play find the bunny remains after the little idiots come inside smelling like dead things. And then they get a bath, and I keep an eye out for tapeworm segments.

Toadpuppy
Apr 8, 2003
My beagles have a weird hierarchy. Daisy is the baby, but she thinks she's the boss until Rocky, the older dog, has enough and puts her in her place. They never seriously fight but if there's something Daisy has that Rocky wants, he'll eventually take it away from her. He's pretty laid-back, though.

Daisy seems to be somewhat maternal toward Rocky. She cleans his ears (which is disgusting and cute at the same time) and when he gets a bath, she tries to lick him dry. She also instigates all incidents of snuggling with him.

Vito, our orange tabby cat, is the oldest creature and he's the boss of the house. Both beagles defer to him. Sometimes he stares Daisy down when she's acting up, which can be pretty entertaining - he gets this slightly crazy look like you don't know what's going to happen next but you know you won't like it, and Daisy looks away and whimpers. He's even taught Napoleon, our shy little gray tabby, how to stare her down when she's pestering him.

Vito loves all the other creatures and grooms them from time to time. He's also been known to groom my husband. My hair is too long for him to comfortably groom me, but when my brother was visiting he got the back of his head seriously licked, too.

Both beagles see me as the main human boss, who feeds them and takes them for walks, and my husband as the big loud scary guy who might eat them. He's never done anything to deserve that, but he's significantly bigger than me and his voice really carries whether he means it to or not. He's never really been around dogs all that much so he doesn't know that he gives off an "I eat beagles" vibe.