Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Moraine Sedai
Jan 17, 2006

Nap time yet?
I have a question if you don't mind... How do you handle the breeding? Is there enough diversity in bloodlines in your own pack that you breed your own males with your own females or do you breed with another person's studs who has a different pack?

They are absolutely gorgeous, by the way, and I am jealous of your experiences with such a well-established pack. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moraine Sedai
Jan 17, 2006

Nap time yet?
Thanks for the answer on the breeding question. I wasn't sure if enough diversity could be maintained within a single pack, but didn't think so. :)

And OMG! I know it's a lot of work, but I would LOVE to be able to work with those dogs for a couple weeks during the summer! :D I soooo envy you! heh

Those little faces and eager, happy dogs! :D I'm going to suffer a cuteness overload.

Are you able to get video of them actually being worked/trained? If so, I would just *die* if you could provide some for us to watch. ;)

Moraine Sedai
Jan 17, 2006

Nap time yet?
omigosh! That was wonderful! Seeing them all running their moks. Beautiful dogs. :)

Thanks for sharing that! *dies*

tee hee

Moraine Sedai
Jan 17, 2006

Nap time yet?
Most excellent! :D Keep us updated as you can on the progress and post pics (and/or vids) when they are available! :D

Moraine Sedai
Jan 17, 2006

Nap time yet?
YAY! Go Twilight! And I'm sure all those new pups are just the cutest! :D

*eagerly anticipates pics of new puppies*

Moraine Sedai
Jan 17, 2006

Nap time yet?

Dru posted:

You said none of the dogs were spayed, so how do you handle a bitch in heat with lots and lots of studly beagles around?

Well, she's already mentioned the separate kennels - males separated from females. But also the OP has mentioned leaving behind bitches in heat when they go out to walk/train, etc.

The only thing I am left questioning is exercising them. Do you leave them in kennel during walkies and then let them out on their own for a good stretch? And how frequently are more than one in heat at the same time? Does it make the boys harder to handle?

Okay...so it left more than one question in my mind. :P

Moraine Sedai
Jan 17, 2006

Nap time yet?
Awww...I feel awful for Playful. And your uncle having to make that decision. :(

Is there a reason she couldn't have helped nurse some of the other puppies? Would it have upset the other moms or something in the pack dynamic if she had?

Moraine Sedai
Jan 17, 2006

Nap time yet?
OI! What is this doing on page 3??

Any more neat beagley stuff to report? puppy pics? anything?

Beuller...Beuller...

Moraine Sedai
Jan 17, 2006

Nap time yet?
That is sooo awesome! Sounds like you had a good time and so did the dogs! :D

Thank you for sharing so much with us and please update as you have time for. I love reading about your hounds. The way you describe them, you make me feel like *I* know them myself. :D

Moraine Sedai
Jan 17, 2006

Nap time yet?
Will you adopt me so I can come to the UK and hang out with your beagles?

pleeeeeease??

;)

I just loveloveLOVE this thread! :D And I think Acrobat is becoming one of my faves. But all of them are beautiful in their own unique ways. :)

I hope you get pics of mom and pups this weekend and share soon. :) I look forward to seeing them as they grow up. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moraine Sedai
Jan 17, 2006

Nap time yet?
OMG the beagly goodness! *swoons* Mom and pups look GREAT! :D Glad to hear they are doing so well. :)

Such very handsome dogs. :)