Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
killabyte
Feb 11, 2004
Blue Horeshoe Loves Anacot Steel
Well, I bought a 7600GR a few months ago and even imported the Sony Active Antenna from Japan. I live in an apartment so a longwire antenna is impossible. Has anyone had any luck finding anything interesting on the air in California? It seems like I am in the wrong time zone for this stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

killabyte
Feb 11, 2004
I have a scanner and a SW radio.

Me and my girlfriend usually listen to the SJPD at night on my scanner before we go to bed, but we have been known to listen to ATC as well, which is interesting for awhile but becomes fairly repetitive. The PD is by far the most interesting thing going on. I have also listened to the security channel at Lockheed which was surprisingly not encrypted. We also pick up the local Costco on it.

HAM radio people are actually really dull to listen to. My scanner has a preset that will run through all of the HAM frequencies and I have yet to find a single interesting conversation going on.

I do have a Sony 7600GR and the Sony active antenna. Is there anything interesting going on that can be listened to from California on a saturday night?

killabyte
Feb 11, 2004
Are there any numbers stations that are easy to hear on the west coast? We seem to be at a disadvantage for numbers stations. I've yet to hear one, ever.

• Locked thread