Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Jesus with the changes to YA/Runaways, I wonder what happened, I saw a bunch of ads for it over the last few weeks and now the new ongoing is going to start before the mini even finishes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Blue
Mar 20, 2002

Sorry, I get paid to shoot paintballs, honey, not the breeze.
Why are they relaunching Runaways? I don't want Ramos. I liked Michael Ryan. Are they keeping the new girl from the past?

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Ice Blue posted:

Why are they relaunching Runaways? I don't want Ramos. I liked Michael Ryan. Are they keeping the new girl from the past?

Klara features in the newest preview art for the next issue. I not the biggest fan of Ramos either but the switch also brings Tery Moore with it, so we might get issues sooner with Whedon gone. The relaunch is probably just to drum up interest after the various delays durig the past run.

Ice Blue
Mar 20, 2002

Not So Fast posted:

Klara features in the newest preview art for the next issue. I not the biggest fan of Ramos either but the switch also brings Tery Moore with it, so we might get issues sooner with Whedon gone. The relaunch is probably just to drum up interest after the various delays durig the past run.
Is Whedon known for delays? Are we sure it was him and not the artist? Either way, they did a great job. Ryan's art was great. I miss RKV's quality and timeliness.

I hope they keep Jo Chen on the covers. One thing I can say about Runaways is that the covers are awesome.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Ice Blue posted:

Is Whedon known for delays?
Yes.

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Jul 18, 2008

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Yung David, I saw that.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."

HitTheTargets posted:

Yung David, I saw that.

:ssh: It'll be soon! And Yung David is actually pikacheney.

pikacheney
Mar 14, 2002

I shall remember this moment: the silence, the twilight, the bowl of strawberries, the bowl of Xoo, and that chubby, chubby choona.
Oopsies!

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

We just call d00gZ 'Shortarse [David]'. ;)

Shookies
Aug 17, 2003

A Magic Hand took my Freeze-Gun!!
I haven't bought comics in a while. Is shipping date the actual date you can pickup a copy at the local shop or is it more like videogames/movies where the ship date is usually two days before it hits stores?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Shookies posted:

I haven't bought comics in a while. Is shipping date the actual date you can pickup a copy at the local shop or is it more like videogames/movies where the ship date is usually two days before it hits stores?

Usually the same date but the time of day depends on the shop. Mine usually doesn't have stuff in and ready to buy till about 3 or 4 in the afternoon.

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

Shookies posted:

A good rule of thumb is that new comics will be in the store, ready to buy, sometime Wednesdays (or Thursday if there's a holiday that week...or late rht previous week...).

The Peril
May 30, 2007

Now Comes the Pure Rugged.
Does anyone know why the Middleman Omnibus us not available anywhere? I can't imagine the thing selling out, is there a printing or shipping issue?

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."

The Peril posted:

Does anyone know why the Middleman Omnibus us not available anywhere? I can't imagine the thing selling out

You can't imagine it selling out with a TV adaptation just begun? Really?

The Peril
May 30, 2007

Now Comes the Pure Rugged.

d00gZ posted:

You can't imagine it selling out with a TV adaptation just begun? Really?

I pre-ordered the drat thing way before the TV show came out, and the day it was supposed to ship; I got an e-mail from Amazon saying they didn't get it in. I didn't know if it get pushed back like the Scud omnibus, or what.

Also, as enjoyable as the show can be, I fear it's not long for this world.

I hope I'm wrong, though.

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann
gently caress me Batman #681 is delayed :(

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
You might want to check newuniversal on there, you have #4 coming out before #3.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

Syrg posted:

You might want to check newuniversal on there, you have #4 coming out before #3.

Haha, they've been continuing to send out delay information on #3 and seem to have ignored #4 completely. I'll just move it to Unscheduled - thanks for the heads up.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

How many times is Twelve #9 going to get pushed back? I was ready for it to (finally) come out on the 10th.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
So... what the hell happened to Ambush Bug #6?

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

Barry Convex posted:

So... what the hell happened to Ambush Bug #6?

No loving idea, but considering the sudden bumping off the schedule completely I'm guessing someone read it and got cold feet.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

d00gZ posted:

No loving idea, but considering the sudden bumping off the schedule completely I'm guessing someone read it and got cold feet.

Considering it is the Final Crisis issue and the series has already skewered Dan Didio pretty well, that is hilarious.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
How can I get a hold of previous lists? Like I want to check up what was released a month ago.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Affi posted:

How can I get a hold of previous lists? Like I want to check up what was released a month ago.

Sort by "Shipping" tag, look at the thread from those old weeks?

Watch, someone will blow this idea out of the water now with some handy list.

Begby
Apr 7, 2005

Light saber? Check. Black boots? Check. Codpiece? Check. He's more machine than kid now.
Is LOEG vol 3 issue 1 really coming out on April 29th as listed on Amazon? Does that mean I could pick it up at border's or a comic shop that day?

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

I know, I'm lazy and it took me forever to get around to it, but by very popular demand: Image and Dark Horse, rounding out the Previews premiere publishers. For readability I consolidated the DC and Marvel sections.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Do you think it's possible to leave the previous week's release in it's own code box? Just in case we wanted to see what we've missed if we haven't made it to a shop yet that week?

Also, isn't today's 9/9/09 release going to be held up by a day in the states because of labor day, and actually come out tomorrow on the 10th?

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

IUG posted:

Do you think it's possible to leave the previous week's release in it's own code box? Just in case we wanted to see what we've missed if we haven't made it to a shop yet that week?

Also, isn't today's 9/9/09 release going to be held up by a day in the states because of labor day, and actually come out tomorrow on the 10th?

A) I figure it's outdated since it's usually got its own shipping thread by that point, but if the creative information being up's useful I'll not delete it immediately next week.

B) Well, I'm Canadian, so I don't give a poo poo. ;) Seriously, for simplicity, it's easier to just always key off the Wednesday.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

d00gZ posted:

A) I figure it's outdated since it's usually got its own shipping thread by that point, but if the creative information being up's useful I'll not delete it immediately next week.

B) Well, I'm Canadian, so I don't give a poo poo. ;) Seriously, for simplicity, it's easier to just always key off the Wednesday.

I was just asking B because I wasn't sure. Not that I wanted you to put it back up.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

Sorry, guys - I gave up on Dark Horse and Image. They never release shipping updates, ever, so all I end up doing is rewriting solicitations, and then watching as none of the dates are even remotely accurate. I can't present useful information here, so I'm just not even going to try anymore.

Ice Blue
Mar 20, 2002

Kick-rear end #8 is never coming out. Jesus.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Ice Blue posted:

Kick-rear end #8 is never coming out. Jesus.
Yeah seriously gently caress Mark Millar, what an arsehole.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

War Heroes #3 took more than a year, as well. Not sure what Millar has been doing instead...

Myrddin Emrys
Jul 3, 2003

Ho ho ho, Pac-man!
Might be a stupid question, but what are the * next to Ender's Game: Command School (#5 0f 5) for?

edit: Oh durr, the OP says, it just says "star" instead of * or asterix :downs:

A Furious Foetus
Aug 15, 2009
Anyone know when The Walking Dead Book 5 is shipping? I preodered when it's release date was end of January, now my shipping status on Amazon is basically "It'll be shipped when we've got it."

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Did they stop the Modern Warfare 2 comic, or are 5 and 6 delayed or something? I've been buying it for my Call of Duty obsessed brother in law and I noticed it's not on the list, and DC's site only lists up to #4.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

Aphrodite posted:

Did they stop the Modern Warfare 2 comic, or are 5 and 6 delayed or something? I've been buying it for my Call of Duty obsessed brother in law and I noticed it's not on the list, and DC's site only lists up to #4.

Huh, I hadn't noticed, but you're right. It just hasn't been solicited since; I mean, it's only skipped two solicit months (April and May) at this point, so it could just be a result of Lapham being so busy. So yeah, I guess it's a standard delay.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!
Anyone know when the next League of Extraordinary Gentlemen comes out? Should be soon...

hermanos
Dec 30, 2005

Magoo said that the "bird's the word"
But the Fur Byrd Gang flip birds on curbs
2011, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Anyone know when Turf #2 is supposed to come out? The first one was interesting, and I am curious to see where it goes.

• Locked thread