Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Do book stores get collections before comic book stores or something? This week's list has Ultimate Spider-man HC 11, but Amazon already has it available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Do book stores get collections before comic book stores or something? This week's list has Ultimate Spider-man HC 11, but Amazon already has it available.

The direct market and the retail market have different release paths. Usually the direct market release is first, but USM collections sell pretty good in the retail spaces.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sigma posted:

The direct market and the retail market have different release paths. Usually the direct market release is first, but USM collections sell pretty good in the retail spaces.

I wish I had known about them before. Looking back, most of the HC collections would have been cheaper than the 2 trades they cover.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So....whatever happened to Punishermax? I was looking forward to the end of the Bullseye arc, and it's been a few months.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Similarly, did Invincible get canceled?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

LividLiquid posted:

Doubtful

Remember that huge stretch before #50 when Kirkman just couldn't finish a loving issue on time? Or late?

Neep
Jan 2, 2003

Terrorist is Prohibited!!!

Dickeye posted:

So....whatever happened to Punishermax? I was looking forward to the end of the Bullseye arc, and it's been a few months.

https://twitter.com/jasonaaron/status/27944365479

“@jasonaaron: Punisher MAX is not canceled, just delayed. It'll be back on track soon. Sorry for the hold-up.”

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Neep posted:

https://twitter.com/jasonaaron/status/27944365479

“@jasonaaron: Punisher MAX is not canceled, just delayed. It'll be back on track soon. Sorry for the hold-up.”

This is what I get for not reading my tweetfeed thingy. I follow him, too.

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

LividLiquid posted:

I don't think they would cancel the second best selling title mid-arc with zero notice. This is just Kirkman slacking after his 'on time in 09' run....

Mr. Glum
Jul 28, 2008
From Invincible's Ryan Ottley's site -
"I know you all are patiently waiting, or even impatiently waiting for issue 75 to hit the shelves. It will be early November just so you know, we are ALMOST there, it’s at the printer NOW. Why did it take so long?! Because it was two issues large, so it took two months to draw. We should be back on track shortly."

rabbit rabbit
Dec 12, 2006

A rabbit is under attack!

Dickeye posted:

Doubtful

Remember that huge stretch before #50 when Kirkman just couldn't finish a loving issue on time? Or late?

Yeah, this is what happens when a publisher only uses one writer (hyperbole gooooo). As long as I get my Walking Dead every month I forgive Kirkman his indiscretions.

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
Can anyone tell me when Witch Doctor #3 is going to be shipped? Also can anyone tell me why the last issue of Generation Hope (10) is sold out at both of the comic book stores near me? I'm pretty new to the comic scene.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Probably because Gen Hope is a Schism tie-in, so it has a bunch of people buying it that prior to this issue didn't give a poo poo.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
I need to bring down the number of titles I'm buying, so I'm using this to organize this list.

Saga (love it)
Adventure Time (love it)
Prophet (love it)
Wonder Woman #8 (love it)
Invincible Iron Man #515 (love it)
The Punisher #10 (love it)
Daredevil #11 (love it)
Action Comics #9 (love it)
Animal Man #9 (love it)
Swamp Thing #9 (love it)
FF #17 (love it)
*Fantastic Four #605.1 (love it)

Uncanny X-Force #24 (like it)
Aquaman #8 (like it)
The Flash #8 (like it)
Batwoman #9 (like it)
Powers #10 (like it)
Green Lantern #10 (like it)
Avengers vs. X-Men #2 (of 12) (i guess)

Avengers #25 (drop after Bendis leaves)
New Avengers #25 (drop after Bendis leaves)

Batman #8 (eh)
Justice League #8 (meh)
Spaceman #6 (of 9) (meh, but it's almost over i guess?)
Batman and Robin #9 (eh)

(And future titles I'm buying)
Batman, Incorporated #1 (love it)
Before Watchmen: Minutemen #1 (of 6) (try first issue)
Before Watchmen: Silk Spectre #1 (of 4) (try first issue)
Before Watchmen: Comedian #1 (of 6) (try first issue)
Earth Two #1 (try first issue)

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

This seems like the best place to ask.

Is there anywhere other then midtowncomics.com where I can have new issues shipped direct to me? Midtown wants 10 issues minimum, I'm sticking to 5. At the very least a site that alerts me when a new issue of a series is coming out would be great since there is no apparent pattern that I can see.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Is there anywhere other then midtowncomics.com where I can have new issues shipped direct to me? Midtown wants 10 issues minimum, I'm sticking to 5. At the very least a site that alerts me when a new issue of a series is coming out would be great since there is no apparent pattern that I can see.

I think DCBS does, but I only use them for trades myself.
DCBService.com

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

What a trade?

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Arrgytehpirate posted:

What a trade?

Trade paper back or TPB, a softcover book that collects 6-10 issues.
No idea where the name came from.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Books usually are scheduled on a particular week of the month, but sometimes schedules slip.

Trade is short for trade paperback, a collection of issues in a softcover book format (also known as a graphic novel).

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

StumblyWumbly posted:

Trade paper back or TPB, a softcover book that collects 6-10 issues.
No idea where the name came from.

Trade paperback is a book publishing term that reflects the size and cover material of a book.

Hardcover: a book with a hard binding and cover which usually has a slipcover or dust jacket
Mass market paperback: A small, usually pocket sized soft cover book, sometimes called an "airport paperback"
Trade paperback: a book that doesn't have a hardcover, but is larger than a MMPB

In comics parlance, a trade paperback is usually described as a softcover book that collects more than one issues of a comic that were previously printed as single issues.

himurak
Jun 13, 2003

Where was that save the world button again?

Arrgytehpirate posted:

If you have an Android phone I use the app comic shopper. It's free and after a couple of weeks it'll start remembering what you read. It notifies you when each week's schedule is available as well.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Does anyone here know if Day Men #2 is ever coming out?

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
The list in the OP has Hawkeye 16 out a month before Hawkeye 15. I looked up Hawkeye 15 but CBR shows Hawkeye 14 previews.

Which issue am I waiting for now?

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."

Action Tortoise posted:

The list in the OP has Hawkeye 16 out a month before Hawkeye 15. I looked up Hawkeye 15 but CBR shows Hawkeye 14 previews.

Which issue am I waiting for now?

It looks like 16 is hitting before 15. Trust me, I'm as confused as you are.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

If that's the case, it probably doesn't matter too much. 16 is solicited as a Wu issue, which will be about Kate, while Aja's issues are Clint-focused.

I hope Aja manages to catch up (if he is the delay) and doesn't get forced to drop the book. :(

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

irlZaphod posted:

If that's the case, it probably doesn't matter too much. 16 is solicited as a Wu issue, which will be about Kate, while Aja's issues are Clint-focused.

I hope Aja manages to catch up (if he is the delay) and doesn't get forced to drop the book. :(

I think they're supposed to start doing artist swaps (one month Wu, one month Aja) to keep it on track in the future.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
It looks like a new Hawkeye is going to be dropping every 2 weeks until March. Cool.

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese
I wish Moon Knight was on a twice a month release schedule, that comic was nifty.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Nazareth posted:

I wish Moon Knight was on a twice a month release schedule, that comic was nifty.

Moon Knight is the best. Unfortunately #6 will be the last one with the current writer/artist combo then they will be switching over to someone else. Hopefully it remains decent.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Has Superior Foes of Spider-Man Vol. 2 been delayed? Amazon has it shipping on August 12th, and I know comic shops usually get TPBs a week or two earlier, but I haven't seen it on any upcoming lists.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
Has the OP disappeared? Do we need to make a different thread?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Would anyone actually put in the work to keep such a thread up to date?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Would anyone actually put in the work to keep such a thread up to date?

Does someone dare heed the call?

• Locked thread