Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead

kimcicle posted:

Jive Into The Night
Fantasy
Starmine
B4U
DXY!
Mr.T. (take me higher)
Ultra High-Heels
Voltage

drat, those are some pretty good songs, although I dislike B4U and DXY! (B4U mostly because of DDR ) I always thought my friend was crazy for liking Funky Bingo Paradise so much. Guess I'm the crazy one. I'll go play it and see if it's better than I remember it being.

kim, did you go to Nexus back when they had the Red and the Stepmania cabinet? I think I met you there once, the very first time I ever played IIDX. And you told me how to pinky scratch and told me not to play Auto-scratch.

Daunte Vicknabb fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Nov 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

kim, did you go to Nexus back when they had the Red and the Stepmania cabinet? I think I met you there once, the very first time I ever played IIDX. And you told me how to pinky scratch and told me not to play Auto-scratch.

I have never been to Nexus; hell, I've never been to Florida before. Sorry to disappoint. But yeah, not playing auto scratch is good.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
NahaNaha vs. Gattchoon Battle needs to be revived for IIDX. That's all I really have to contribute here, because I'm a Pop'n man. v:)v

(Plus I'm waiting for a custom ASC to play doubles with. :3: )

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Apparently the arcade by my school got Gold in and someone I know hacked it and unlocked all the songs. I'm too lazy to go over there and play on it much, but I do know that being able to play Mei whenever I want is pretty cool.

Dertunfisch
Sep 27, 2003

Long live spacerace! Long live MOLVANIA!
Here's my favorite songs of each style:

3rd: Junglist King
4th: Jive into the night
5th: QQQ and Real
6th: Buffalo
7th: Cheer Train
8th: I.C.F.5800
9th: Quasar
10th: One More Lovely
RED: EVO66 and Click Again
HS: Aurora
DistorteD: So Fabulous!
Gold: The Shadow and Fire Fire

I agree with everyone that said that GOLD is a hit or miss-mix, there's alot of good songs in it, but also alot of crap. I don't like the Ghostbusters remix at all, it's too engrish for my taste. (Foo ya ganna car?? haha) Stars, Roulette, x-rated and metallic mind are also some of the no-no's in my list. Smile, the Shadow, Fire Fire, Snow Storm and Gold Rush are pure win though.

moondabor
Oct 23, 2003

Nyoro~n MUSASHI
Here is the course Eddie and I came up with for Arcade Infinity.

GOLDBUSTERS

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

Dertunfisch posted:

I agree with everyone that said that GOLD is a hit or miss-mix, there's alot of good songs in it, but also alot of crap. I don't like the Ghostbusters remix at all, it's too engrish for my taste. (Foo ya ganna car?? haha) Stars, Roulette, x-rated and metallic mind are also some of the no-no's in my list. Smile, the Shadow, Fire Fire, Snow Storm and Gold Rush are pure win though.

Wait, you think that Gold Rush is good but Ghostbusters is too engrish? :confused:

moondabor posted:

GOLDBUSTERS

Hahaha, that's freaking awesome. Has Eddie made the move to St. Louis yet?

Dertunfisch
Sep 27, 2003

Long live spacerace! Long live MOLVANIA!

kimcicle posted:

Wait, you think that Gold Rush is good but Ghostbusters is too engrish? :confused:

Whoops, should've written it some other way. Gold Rush and Ghostbusters are extremely engrish. I just think that Ghostbusters is boring, and Gold Rush is awesome and catchy. Just have to blame that i'm tired :)

Dertunfisch fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Jun 22, 2007

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

kimcicle posted:

But I can play the whole "best songs of these styles" game too.

5th: Radical Faith, QQQ, Spin the Disc
6th: Beautiful Days, Colors, Something Wonderful
7th: The Beauty of Silence, Heartbeat, Spooky
8th: Funky Bingo Paradise, Lab, Murmur Twins
9th: Abyss ~THR~, Distress, Love <3 Shine
10th: DoLL, Innocent Walls, No Doubt Get Loud
RED: Ageha, Red Zone, Sphere, The Hope of Tomorrow
HS: Aurora, Happy Angel, Plasma, Votum stellarum

I think I...agree with you exactly? There's probably some song I really like that I'm forgetting about, but this looks good to me.

Disco Duck
Jul 30, 2004

by mons noobis
Does anyone know of any arcades in NYC that have IIDX machines?

And the best song in any Beatmania game is Poodle, hands down.

Sam Handwich
Apr 19, 2003

Disco Duck posted:

If I remember right, there's a place that has IIDX HAPPY SKY or DistorteD called Tri-County something or other in Levittown, NY. I'm pretty sure that's the only one in the state, but I could be wrong. Check out the machine locations on https://www.bemanistyle.com to get an idea on where it is.

You don't know POODLE until you've played it with Pitch +5 on GOLD :3:

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead

kimcicle posted:

I have never been to Nexus; hell, I've never been to Florida before. Sorry to disappoint. But yeah, not playing auto scratch is good.

Ahaha, I feel so stupid. You look exactly like someone I met there once, he was wearing an SA shirt, and I put two and two together (because I also thought I saw you post here once about having been to the Nexus). Oh well, maybe one day I will find that goon I met one fateful eve. I played some tonight and after playing a few 9s and 10s on another I felt like breaking down and crying I was so confused. I am just awful at everything past 7k 9s; the change from 9s on 7k to 9s on Another is so drastic, so full of horseshit random chord spam intertwined with ridiculously awkward 16th runs, that I wanted to throw my controller across the house.

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

Disco Duck posted:

You can do what I did when I was in the area and drive up to TGA.

Sam Handwich posted:

You don't know POODLE until you've played it with Pitch +5 on GOLD :3:

Quit rubbing it in you jerk. :(

moondabor
Oct 23, 2003

Nyoro~n MUSASHI

kimcicle posted:

Has Eddie made the move to St. Louis yet?
AFAIK, he's settling in.

Sam Handwich
Apr 19, 2003

kimcicle posted:

Quit rubbing it in you jerk. :(

Don't be that way, baby.

It's not like we have a GOLD machine here, I only got to play on one at the loc test in Spring. Phorrest's 8th style that he has right now has some sort of Key Control feature that I haven't seen before that lets you change the pitch of just the keysounds, which is funny as hell though.

He also figured out that you can play any region-free DVD on the machine, so instead of background videos, we were watching Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter the other day :hellyeah:

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Pitch shifting on Gold! Holy crap is that stupid and awesome at the same time! I recall a video of someone using that on DistorteD's "So Fabulous" and I swear there were dogs flailing about outside the arcade.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

moondabor posted:

GOLDBUSTERS

Oh wow! How the hell did you do that?

Also Gold Rush is awesome with it's bad engrish.

YEAH YEAH YEAH
MAKE IT!
FIRT STYLE!
SUNSCREEN!
SECOND STYLE!
TURD STYLE!
FORT STYLE!
FIT STYLE!
SIT STYLE!
etc...

I should've titled the thread: "The Beatmania IIDX Thread (MAKE IT MAKE MONEY)"

Three-Phase fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jun 23, 2007

Sam Handwich
Apr 19, 2003

Three-Phase posted:

Oh wow! How the hell did you do that?

There's always one "original course" that operators can set themselves in the test menu.

Fooyoo gun' caw

b0bx13
Jun 14, 2006
It's a long shot, but is there anyone here who plays at FFC in Omaha? I've made the 3 hour drive twice in the last week or two (only one was just for FFC though) and really enjoyed the hot sweet DD action, even though I suck despite buying a KoOC a good 3 or 4 years ago.

Sam Handwich
Apr 19, 2003

b0bx13 posted:

It's a long shot, but is there anyone here who plays at FFC in Omaha? I've made the 3 hour drive twice in the last week or two (only one was just for FFC though) and really enjoyed the hot sweet DD action, even though I suck despite buying a KoOC a good 3 or 4 years ago.

My group of friends used to make the 6-hour drive down from MN every month or two back when they first got IIDXRED at FFC. I used to love the place, but they let their machines to go to poo poo so fast, I can't remember the last time I've been there and all the machines have been working. There's going to be a huge Midwest Bemani meetup in mid-august, you should check it out. They're running tournaments for arcade AND home-version bemani games, and it sounds like it's going to be pretty awesome.

b0bx13
Jun 14, 2006
Yeah I noticed that last time about the machines. A couple of guys had the IIDX machine so I decided to wander around and play some other stuff. I tried about 5 machines and only one worked :psyduck:

And that meetup sounds pretty kickass, but I'll be out of the country til the end of August.

Dr. Video Games 0097
Jan 13, 2006

Drop bombs on ya~

Disco Duck posted:

Your best bet is to head up to TGA, which isn't in NYC. There *is* an arcade here, which is Chinatown Fair, but there is no Beatmania. Just 2 DDR machines and an ITG2.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Disco Duck posted:

You could either go to TGA (highly recommended) or go south into Jersey and check out 8 on the Break. They have a pisspoor 8th cab, which I can attest to the fact that it sucks hard, but they just got themselves a DistorteD and a Pop'n Fever, so I'm gonna check them out tomorrow and see if they're any good. :)

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

Three-Phase posted:

YEAH YEAH YEAH
MAKE IT!
FIRT STYLE!
SUNSCREEN!
SECOND STYLE!
TURD STYLE!
FORT STYLE!
FIT STYLE!
SIT STYLE!
etc...

I should've titled the thread: "The Beatmania IIDX Thread (MAKE IT MAKE MONEY)"

FISH STYLE~

At least he can get the last couple out somewhat coherently.

Dewgy posted:

You could either go to TGA (highly recommended) or go south into Jersey and check out 8 on the Break. They have a pisspoor 8th cab, which I can attest to the fact that it sucks hard, but they just got themselves a DistorteD and a Pop'n Fever, so I'm gonna check them out tomorrow and see if they're any good. :)

Hahaha, oh man, that 8th style machine was total crap. Or, as I like to think of it, the beatmania IIDX PREX DX machine. I'm sure if the screen was in better shape it would have been better, but just the distance was horrible. Hell, I failed B4U 14 key on that thing, and that never happens to me.

tray
Nov 24, 2006

nice to meet you!
I bought the US beatmania when it was on sale at target for like 20 bucks (controller + game). I can pass most 5s but maybe I should start playing again.

Moogy
Jun 16, 2005

by Fragmaster
List of best songs are boring.

Best charts:

1st: R3
substream: The Earth Light
2nd: S.O.S.
3rd: Holic
4th: R10k
5th: QQQ
6th: Take It Easy
7th: Tomorrow Perfume (I enjoy the syncopation)
8th: symbolic
9th: one or eight
10th: Love Is Eternity
11th: Andromeda
12th: SigSig
13th: MINT
CS: satellite020712 from "CODED ARMS"

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

kimcicle posted:

FISH STYLE~

At least he can get the last couple out somewhat coherently.

Hahaha, oh man, that 8th style machine was total crap. Or, as I like to think of it, the beatmania IIDX PREX DX machine. I'm sure if the screen was in better shape it would have been better, but just the distance was horrible. Hell, I failed B4U 14 key on that thing, and that never happens to me.

Hahaha, they still have that pile of garbage, but the DistorteD has a new monitor and is fairly nice. I managed to get through four of the five songs of the Cardinal Gate course (Hyper) and I completely blow at IIDX so that should tell you something. Their Pop'n cab is also in really nice condition and the volume for it is amazing. :D

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Is that a front-projector screen?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Three-Phase posted:

Is that a front-projector screen?

Yeah, from a Pump It Up cabinet. It looks like poo poo, haha. Like I said though, their DD cab runs on a normal IIDX monitor.

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

Goddamn 5-6 plateau! I miss the local original Beatmania machine that was at some mini-golf place near where I live. The day I first beat Genom Screams and Hell Scaper for the first time was better than the time my friend puked from 4 hours of DDR.

HatPerson
Apr 30, 2003

kimcicle posted:

Well at least that is better than the plasma TV from Best Buy and DVD-ROM with random videos that TGA had back when they were in Rhode Island. I believe they got their official monitor around the same time they got their RED upgrade kit.

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

HatPerson posted:

Well at least that is better than the plasma TV from Best Buy and DVD-ROM with random videos that TGA had back when they were in Rhode Island. I believe they got their official monitor around the same time they got their RED upgrade kit.

I would love to debate that, but I've never seen the TGA machine without the official monitor. The Pump monitor was suffering from a burn-in image and was very dim compared to a normal montior.

The AI one is OK, but the discoloring at the top took me a few games to get used to.

The monitors that were on Texas machines were utter crap though! It's a shame that both of them are now MIA.

HatPerson
Apr 30, 2003

I'm making the trip up to Mass tonight and showing up all day Friday and Saturday for BMF. If any of you buttes are going I'll see you up there, I'm most likely gunna be stalking kors k the entire weekend trying to get him to sign my IIDX controller :3:.

that tetris guy
Mar 7, 2005

It's a sad thing that your adventures have ended here!!
Dammit, I forgot about Bemanifest again. Oh well, it's not like I can afford to go anyway :v:

Tripred
Nov 25, 2004

Deals in quack, not opinion.
I was going to post in this thread to say that I just got the Beatmania US bundle for 29.99 at gamestop the other day and ask for help on modding the turntable, but you guys would just make fun of me for playing the inferior version. :downs:

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
All you need to do is loosen the screw that's holding the turntable in place. Not by much, but enough so that it spins a little more freely.

photo kiosk of life
Aug 31, 2004

Not the best role model.
I say that since it's still brand new, you should do the wax paper mod right now, so you don't have to worry about the plastic rings getting all messed up later.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Gimme gimme gimme

Dr VideoGames 0.299
Feb 15, 2007

i really think you're overestimating how much
i love having dog shit smushed all over my face

Tripred posted:

I was going to post in this thread to say that I just got the Beatmania US bundle for 29.99 at gamestop the other day and ask for help on modding the turntable, but you guys would just make fun of me for playing the inferior version. :downs:

Not really; it's the only way you'll ever get a chance to play the game without sinking a couple hundred dollars into modding your PS2 and then importing a few mixes.

Three-Phase posted:

Gimme gimme gimme

wheeeeennnnnnnn is it coming out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onion Rings
Sep 20, 2001
Anyone know of any cabinets around DC? I'm willing to drive a few hours in any direction as well so any suggestions for cities around are also acceptable.