Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003

that's wicked

kimcicle posted:

Oh hay I think I know you. :v: On topic, Slake's album is actually pretty good IMO.

You're the one who drove Dewgy, Professor Duck and I to TGA that one time. It was great and you let us play DJ MAX on your PSP.

Reason I brought up Slake is that it's one of those strange schisms in the Bemani communities: either there's love or hate for him. Personally, I think he's god when his music leaks into pop'n music :v:

Lynx Winters posted:

This thread reminds me, I need to order a copy of Stromatolite. Seven-minute Innocent Walls, friends. It doesn't get much better than that.

That shouldn't be too difficult to come by. Bounce Connected on the other hand is a bit rare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr VideoGames 0.299
Feb 15, 2007

i really think you're overestimating how much
i love having dog shit smushed all over my face

Lynx Winters posted:

This thread reminds me, I need to order a copy of Stromatolite. Seven-minute Innocent Walls, friends. It doesn't get much better than that.

That and Marine Snow are a part of my workout playlists.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
I think I heard somewhere that TaQ is coming back for the next IIDX game. Probably just hearsay, but you never know. He did contribute to the Milestone remix collection after all.

Insane Techniques
Nov 15, 2006

Version 9.0
Since he said at that concert some people attended that he wasn't doing anything else for Bemani, I'm thinking he did Taka a favour in making a remix for his album. I suppose it's possible THAT remix might show up in a future IIDX, but I really doubt it.

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003

that's wicked
I think it was only natural for TaQ to do a remix for Taka. Taka and TaQ were really buddy-buddy.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Oh for gently caress's sake, why did I come in here? Now I have to buy that DJ Taka album. :(

Is Play-Asia still the best import store online?

Trylan
Apr 25, 2006

by Ozma
Slake is awesome, that is all.

infinite99
Aug 9, 2006

ANY OF YALLS DICKS HARD??

Trylan posted:

He's not that awesome, and most of the charts for his songs aren't fun to play at all. The only exception is pretty much anything under his one alias Sparker.

Sam Handwich
Apr 19, 2003

Baelfael posted:

Oh for gently caress's sake, why did I come in here? Now I have to buy that DJ Taka album. :(

They're the only ones I use, except when Himeya has the special edition games for cheaper. They're really reliable, so you shouldn't have to worry.

Trylan
Apr 25, 2006

by Ozma

infinite99 posted:

He's not that awesome, and most of the charts for his songs aren't fun to play at all. The only exception is pretty much anything under his one alias Sparker.

Yeah, some of his old stuff sucked (except caldera is great). Anything IIDX 7th and beyond I like though, especially cloudy music, ready to rockit blues, and green eyes. Flute man may well be my favorite song on IIDX, but that's sparker, so you're right there.

Trylan fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jul 5, 2007

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003

that's wicked

Trylan posted:

I like you.

that tetris guy
Mar 7, 2005

It's a sad thing that your adventures have ended here!!
I think a lot of Slake's stuff is pretty good, in 5-key and in IIDX :shobon:

edit: except for Cloudy Music

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003

that's wicked
Holy crap I just got my copy of the Taka album.

The cover's been screenprinted with the album title. drat I better not crack the case :(

rabidkimba
Jul 21, 2004
practically Gackt

an rear end posted:

Slake's 5-key stuff? Like Higher?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

rabidkimba posted:

Slake's 5-key stuff? Like Higher?

SODA, DENIM, 22DUNK, the 6th Mix intro music, stuff like that. :)

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003

that's wicked
Slake made a song called SPARKER on complete MIX 2.

I find that humorous.

He also made three songs under his SPARKER alias for Keyboardmania. Weird.

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

SirSlarty posted:

You're the one who drove Dewgy, Professor Duck and I to TGA that one time. It was great and you let us play DJ MAX on your PSP.

Oh I know. That had to be possibly the best weekend I've had while I was up there.

Baelfael posted:

Play-Asia is pretty much the most reliable. The only problem I had with them is them sending my IIDX RED poster after sending out my LE, and I recieved a CD who's jewel case was cracked (no biggie). I order all my Super Eurobeat CDs through cdjapan, but it doesn't look like they are currently carrying Milestone / IIDX GOLD OST.

Halo_BLEW
Jul 11, 2000

by Lowtax
bumping to say I'm psyched for Pop'n CS 14. I haven't pulled my desktop arcade ASC out of the attic in a long time. I used to be able to clear 38's and a few 39's, but after almost a year of infrequent play I bet I suck now.

Anyone know what kind of resale value I could get on my ASC? I've always wanted to sell it and buy a ransai but never really looked into it.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Akihabara posted:

bumping to say I'm psyched for Pop'n CS 14. I haven't pulled my desktop arcade ASC out of the attic in a long time. I used to be able to clear 38's and a few 39's, but after almost a year of infrequent play I bet I suck now.

Anyone know what kind of resale value I could get on my ASC? I've always wanted to sell it and buy a ransai but never really looked into it.

you probably wouldn't have much trouble selling it, as long as it's still in good condition (cosmetically and functionally.) since this isn't a bemani forum i can freely say that i definitely prefer ransai pop'n controllers over DA's (i have a ransai, a friend has a DA.) the DA feels completely different, and is much louder (i don't know how this is possible but still.) the domes on the DA don't sink down as much, so i couldn't imagine doing anything with fast scales/chords the way i play.

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003

that's wicked

Akihabara posted:

Ditto what enojy said. People are always looking to ourchase used ASCs because the waiting period for a new one is (un)usually long.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Hate to break it to you but Ransais aren't being made any more. :/

If you really want one you can check around on the Ransai forums and find someone who doesn't feel like waiting for their any more, but apart from that I've heard really good things about the DJ Dao ASCs.

TripsEX
Feb 1, 2005
Not Trip Sex
Sounds like my kind of thread.

Unfortunatly you all have me needing new TAKA music, so I suppose I will drop some money on that, considering all I see is good when it's mentioned.

Also: Recollection = Happy Sky's best song.

Dr VideoGames 0.299
Feb 15, 2007

i really think you're overestimating how much
i love having dog shit smushed all over my face

Akihabara posted:

Er uh, what kinda bank are you looking to get for your ASC? :shobon:

Halo_BLEW
Jul 11, 2000

by Lowtax

enojy posted:

you probably wouldn't have much trouble selling it, as long as it's still in good condition (cosmetically and functionally.) since this isn't a bemani forum i can freely say that i definitely prefer ransai pop'n controllers over DA's (i have a ransai, a friend has a DA.) the DA feels completely different, and is much louder (i don't know how this is possible but still.) the domes on the DA don't sink down as much, so i couldn't imagine doing anything with fast scales/chords the way i play.

Yeah, this is actually exactly how I feel. I've played on multiple ransai's and DA's and theres just something about the way the DA's feel that I don't like. They're definitely much louder also.

That sucks to hear that ransai is done making controllers. I thought they'd finally gotten their poo poo together? I've been planning on swapping my DA for a ransai for a long time, but it's just always been on the backburner.

Has there been anyword on nextgen Bemani releases yet? If Konami announced a PS3 version of IIDX with a massive archive of songs and a wireless controller... I guess I would have to buy a PS3 :smith:

Fusbolito McGiggola
Dec 21, 2005

an rear end posted:

That is so wrong. Cloudy music is the best song in 7th style by far. IN the same vein, Ready To Rockit blues is the most underappreciated song in 10th. My one real regret with regards to Slake is that I've been, thus far, unable to locate a copy of Oriental Machinist. Not really limited financially, just too lazy to actually sign up for Paypal, or one of those other things. I actually talked to opiv about buying one a while back, but nothing came of it, as I was too lazy to follow up on it.

Definitely looking forward to both Pop'n 14CS and DistorteD, I'm just sad that they weren't able to rescue mario BGM from the hell that is AC songs not transferred to CS, along with America, Thunderbirds, Dschinghis Khan, etc.

Sam Handwich
Apr 19, 2003

Fusbolito McGiggola posted:

America

Fuuuuuck, no original Star Trek theme? Nyami in an uncle sam outfit was badass too.

Fusbolito McGiggola
Dec 21, 2005

Sam Handwich posted:

Fuuuuuck, no original Star Trek theme? Nyami in an uncle sam outfit was badass too.

Heh, yeah. It's becoming a bit more of an issue lately, I think, as CS IIDX has almost always been able to get all the licenses they needed, and yet, DistorteD IIDX is going to be missing Samba De Janiero, which, to be frank, confuses the gently caress out of me. They can license it for DDR, but not a cover by one of their own artists for IIDX?

Oh well. At least the new songs are looking interesting in both CS'es, especially the taka/Yoshitaka collaboration.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Sam Handwich posted:

Haha welcome to 8CS, Handwich. :P

So it's official that SMB BGM didn't make it to the CS? Kinda sucks, but here's hoping we get a shitton of good CS songs in 14. :)

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
Call me weird, but I highly doubt Nintendo would go for having one of their most well-known song on a direct competitors' console...

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003

that's wicked

Dewgy posted:

So it's official that SMB BGM didn't make it to the CS? Kinda sucks, but here's hoping we get a shitton of good CS songs in 14. :)

Waaaait. Star Trek was supposed to be in 7CS, not 8CS. Thunderbirds was 8CS.

I could care less about SMB BGM. The chart wasn't very fun to me. :shobon:

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

Akihabara posted:

Yeah, this is actually exactly how I feel. I've played on multiple ransai's and DA's and theres just something about the way the DA's feel that I don't like. They're definitely much louder also.

That sucks to hear that ransai is done making controllers. I thought they'd finally gotten their poo poo together? I've been planning on swapping my DA for a ransai for a long time, but it's just always been on the backburner.

Chalk me up as another person who can't play on DA controllers but love Ransais. Redsai moved down to Texas somewhere, and for a while I think Random was making them by himself.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

kimcicle posted:

Chalk me up as another person who can't play on DA controllers but love Ransais. Redsai moved down to Texas somewhere, and for a while I think Random was making them by himself.

Yeah, he still does. He's finishing up the remaining orders (of which there are quite a lot) and is going to be done with it after that.

Halo_BLEW
Jul 11, 2000

by Lowtax

Dewgy posted:

Yeah, he still does. He's finishing up the remaining orders (of which there are quite a lot) and is going to be done with it after that.

Aw man... I wonder if I email him if I could sneak on to that list. The ransai guys were the ones who first got me interested in Pop'n but when I finally was ready to fork over the change for an ASC they weren't accepting orders and DA had some on hand ready to ship... I guess I was too impatient :smith:

Only Shallow
Nov 12, 2005

show

DiscoJ posted:

Kinda-OT but does anyone here play Pop n' Music? 14 CS is out in a couple weeks.

Yep, looking forward to it.

I just finished building an ASC a few weeks ago:

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

Akihabara posted:

Aw man... I wonder if I email him if I could sneak on to that list. The ransai guys were the ones who first got me interested in Pop'n but when I finally was ready to fork over the change for an ASC they weren't accepting orders and DA had some on hand ready to ship... I guess I was too impatient :smith:

I do know that there's an unfinished Ransai, a green one I think, that somebody paid for but hasn't finished paying it off or something. I almost bought that one off of Random, not sure if it's up for sale still or that original guy paid it off and took it or whatever.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Dewgy posted:

not official til the 12th :cool:

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I might be interested in getting one of those custom controllers eventually. Especially since it's compatible with the PS2.

And PC. :ssh:

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
We're allowed to talk about sims you know. How else are you going to play all those original songs? People like SHIKI make better songs/songcharts than half of the real IIDX artists anyways. There are even commercial "sims" like DJMax, which I use a IIDX controller to play.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

jnr posted:

Yep, looking forward to it.

I just finished building an ASC a few weeks ago:

how much did that cost to make?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Only Shallow
Nov 12, 2005

show

Zand posted:

how much did that cost to make?

About $100, and that's mostly for the 11 buttons and switches. There are tutorials all around the Internet if you'd like to try it.