Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
There are so many great moments in the outtakes. If I had to pick a single one I'd have to say that the exchanges between Guts and Caska about her in the dress are the best.

No, wait, "She wants you to stuff her like a Thanksgiving turkey" is the best, oh god I can't choose. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

injate posted:

No need to reinvent the wheel:

http://www.skullknight.net/roster/

categorized, page numbers, and everything.
I'm surprised that I am surprised that that page exists.

Seriously, over one thousand kills on-page. No wonder his sword enchanted itself.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Mr. Deathy posted:

I think it was more about the shock that something he "possessed" could be taken from him, or walk away of its own free will, because he wasn't strong enough to contain it.
I was trying to make a reply like this the other day but just couldn't phrase it properly. Griffith is so used to awing people with his skill and charisma it was inconceivable that someone could just defeat him and walk away.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Wow, Roderick and his crew are badasses. :monocle:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I figured Caska thought Farnesse was upset that she wasn't cooperating with her bath and was just trying to be nice. She was still :downs:.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
"I may cut a giant demon in half at any moment. DO NOT BE ALARMED. This is intended behavior."

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Kusaru posted:

But I can't think of a caption. The one I keep coming back to is "We're having pancakes?!"
"*cuts a shitload of demons in half*" would be my choice, but pancakes is a pretty good non sequitur I guess.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Dancing Ferret posted:

I just want more outtakes, to be perfectly honest
loving yes.

"Who wants to JERK ME OFF?"

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
"You know...Casca wants you to stuff her like a Thanksgiving turkey."

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
You really have to hear the delivery on the "No!" for that one, because what he actually says is more like "Nooaaeaghg!"

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Let's see what ridiculous god hax Griffith pulls out this time!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Haha, he's actually just aiming to go super saiyan apostle level 2! I'm betting on Griffith still casually handing him his rear end.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Latin Words posted:

One thing that's so interesting about this series to me is that it's kind of using fantasy as an indictment against fantasy, like when that little girl earlier in the series became an elf queen apostle as a result of being obsessed with fairytale elves. She got so attached to her ideas of elves being real that it became a way to mentally escape the reality of her abusive father and generally horrible life. I think the message is "ignore reality too much and you will become a monster."
I think the message is "be a selfish dick and Guts will loving cut you in half."

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Don't judge a book by its cover. :v:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah, I think the only times they've used apostle form to fight they've been alone, so the rest of the world just thinks they're huge badasses instead of demons.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Schubalts posted:

Come to think of it; why does Caska keep getting raped or almost raped throughout the whole series?
Demons like raping things and there's a lot of demons. v:unsmith:v

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Aww, he wants to give everyone a big 'ole hug. :3:

EVERYONE.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Elentor posted:

Hahahahahaha! Ok we figured out everything now.

Edit: What if everything indeed was a D&D adventure?
Casca's player was the DM's ex and they had a nasty breakup.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I'm kind of masochistically hoping all of this buildup will result in Griffith doing nothing whatsoever.

That would be hilarious.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Was there ever a non-Japanese version of the game?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

I stole this link from the Bebop thread. It lists the voted top 10 most popular manga in Japan.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2006-10-04/top-10-anime-and-manga-at-japan-media-arts-festival
drat it's nice to see Mushishi get such recognition. I'm really surprised Eva is still the #1 anime. I guess they have a lot of devotion to the classics.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
If nothing else you should pick up the last book in the store and read the last couple of chapters. You won't be able to believe what King had the gall to write.

EDIT: Wasteland is actually good and you should read it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Andrigaar posted:

Was Hellsing ever finished? Again, I only scratched at a few volumes.
Wow, it actually did. I'd stopped checking since for a while it'd reached a pace almost as glacial as Berserk. Fortunately it only weighs in at 93 chapters.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Oops, well, I was close.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
She was pretty crazy when she first showed up.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Lord_Pigeonbane posted:

She's going to re-join the Hawks.
Now that would be hilarious.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
To be fair, he should have said "silver-eyed woman." That would have made it way more obvious.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Wow, I'm surprised by how good the Hellsing ending was. Having Alucard return that particular way was perfect.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
You...you mean Miura isn't a huge, muscular guy who wields a 100-pound pen that's six feet long, screaming in fury as he draws every one of Guts' hairs as he chops five demons in half at once? that was how I always pictured him. :smith:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I like how Femto just grabs a rent in space-time like it's no big thing and applies it to Ganishka's face instead of his back.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Holy poo poo this loving art. I love the Dahli shout out.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Huh? Who is this new guy? I don't remember him! :confused:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
If you read one chapter a month, you might not catch up by the time it finishes.

EDIT: whoops too late!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I'm betting the whole village, or even the whole island, is one big monster.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
What is it in? Wikipedia doesn't say.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Honestly there's a lot of monsters with tentacles and vagina mouths. Those are just some of the basic building blocks of good monsters.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

temple posted:

At some point, you have to ask 'does it really matter'? If nobility is nothing more than concoction of human pride, what makes the Godhand and causality any more than a creation of human imagination?
Well, that's certainly what we want Guts to say before he drives a sword through Femto's skull...

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

The Dalai Alana posted:

No, I predict that she will become the newest member of their little group. They already have the Wind and Fire users after all.
Haha, this brings to mind a great combination scene...

WIND!

FIRE!

WATER!

...SWORD!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Griffith, just so you know...Caska wants you to stuff her like a Thanksgiving turkey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Also they would release a series of Devil May Cry-quality action games with super-advanced dismemberment and demon blood physics.

EDIT: Also you would totally be able to combo the arm cannonball into a 360-degree sword swing.