Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
Perhaps sometime when I am supremely bored I should do a "Berserk body count" and get some character/chapter/volume kill stats since Berserk racks them up as much as a bad FPS game. But it would take ages to count them all...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

injate posted:

No need to reinvent the wheel:

http://www.skullknight.net/roster/

categorized, page numbers, and everything.

Sweet, but too bad it only covers Guts' kills though, I was suggesting the TOTAL body count covering the entire manga.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
Yeah, this is only counting the ON PAGE kills. There are hundreds or thousands more that were implied or off page. Guts: the original human natural disaster.

Repeating the echo in here I barely remember the anime, except for the last episode which was one of the biggest :wtf: moments I have ever seen. I didn't know about the manga at the time, but now I know that the anime doesn't compare to the manga at all, the manga is on a whole different level. As for the release schedule, they are so far apart that I usually forget about the series in favor of weekly stuff and then it is a pleasant surprise when I see one come out.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Zoolooman posted:

Yeah, but it's not the nice kind of standard, elemental magic, nor is it even the magic of the Godhand. It's the taint of terror and death.
Aye, it is Demonic magic at best. Hasn't it already been hinted that the sword is powerful enough to cut a godhand? I wonder if there will be any more developments on that front, would be nice to see some more classic dark swordsman action. I definitely can't wait for the next big spread of Guts' in the classic glowing eye and teeth angle slashing through a half dozen minions.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

El Jorge posted:

The last time I read this thread was 22 September 2008 and y'all were discussing 297. I come back and 308 isn't out. One whole year and only 10 episodes.

10 whole chapters... wow has it really been that many?

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
Leave it to ADTRW to find the 'moe' in Berserk. :v:

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

tsob posted:

I must be the only one who actually really likes Puck.

At least you aren't the only one who appreciates his presence in the story.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

DoublePLayer posted:

Except one: 24th of June?!
We have long since learned to not complain when we have a definite release date. It is the "To be continued..." chapters that really drive everyone up the wall, since it usually means it will be at least 3 months before the next chapter.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
This is Mura we are talking about, Berserk in a light novel would spend entire chapters describing in intricate detail all the waves in Griffith's hair as he poses majestically on a hilltop.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
It looks terrible, it sounds terrible, but guts hacking giant monsters apart and a crowd of onlookers going slack jawed in response will never cease being cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Ruflux posted:

I actually started rereading Berserk last year because I realized I'd totally forgotten most of it and that I had absolutely no idea of the events leading up to the eclipse.

But then I had to stop right before it happens because I got attached to the characters and I just can't reread the misery that's about to follow :smithicide: Berserk is drat well one of the hardest things to read casually because the only way to avoid feeling like poo poo about the stuff that goes on is to have an aura of cynical detachment on you at all times and that in itself is miserable.

After a good 4 or 5 times I've read or watched through the eclipse, I've gotten pretty desensitized to it. I still think Berserk is good or I wouldn't have read it that many times, but the golden age is actually a pretty short part of the manga.