Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Of course, here I am stuck with only the anime. There aren't many places to buy Manga out where I live. [Or, for that matter, where i'm at now.]

That doesn't stop Guts from being a total badass, and the story being very well-placed and drawn. All the way up to the ending, which left more plotholes open then a bad fanfiction.

It was also the only DVD anime I know that had outtakes, where people either flubbed the lines, or improved. And you start to notcie Griffith's VA likes to sing...a lot.

Also, Caska wants someone to suck her C*ck, as she so enthusiastically screams whenever she flubs a line. Somewhat answers the question as to where most series find their american voice actors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

injate posted:

No need to reinvent the wheel:

http://www.skullknight.net/roster/

categorized, page numbers, and everything.

I'm not really shocked as much as enlightened.

That man has literally killed off about a full-sized infantry batallion, with a good amount left over, all of them filled with the usual cannon fodder to demons that border on godlike.

That, in itself, is an amazing feat. But I think it miscounted the 100 soldiers he killed in the woodland clearing. It didn't look like one hundred to me...but it may have been a trick, due to the sheer size of the list.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Indiana_Krom posted:

Yeah, this is only counting the ON PAGE kills. There are hundreds or thousands more that were implied or off page. Guts: the original human natural disaster.

Vash is the Human Natural Disaster [Typhoon.]

Guts is more like the unholy spawn between the 'Little Boy' Bomb and the Energizer Bunny. He just keeps killing, and killing, and killing, ad infinium.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

TheFuzzyLumpkin posted:

Guts is not, and has never been, good. He is an extremely morally ambiguous hero, and he almost raped Casca at one point. The relationship between Griffith, Casca and Guts is so hosed up that you absolutely cannot lay the blame for it at any one of their feet.

Brief list of Guts' accomplishments: murder, assassination, attempted rape, child slaughter, and that's just off the top of my head. His character is strength and will. "Good" has nothing to do with it.

Guts will do whatever is neccesary to complete his dream, and take his revenge. He will not risk himself to save others, unless it will benefit his own grand plan. In a way, he is similar to Pre-Demon Griffith in that respect. Even before the Black Swordsman arc ends, we see this multiple times.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

One thing I noticed, and please bear with me as this is from the anime...

Femto, upon his birth from the sacrifices, did what Griffith had wanted to do to Guts after his torture. Think about it. Guts had been the one pillar that he had his dreams upon. His sword, his hand of death, and the one person he could truly trust. By breaking away from the Hawks, he effectively shattered his dreams, starting his mad dash to secure the throne, then his downward spiral into oblivion.

However, after he was saved, he learned of Caska and Guts' love, and realized he also wanted her. Upon his rebirth, he began to systematically take away everything. His love, his friends, his eye, and his arm...he would leave him for dead, in misery and torment, while he left with everything Guts had fought for, leaving him unable to do anything about it. In his mind, a fitting revenge for the man who ruined his life.

This is what I gathered from the Anime, though, since i'm still in the Black Swordsman Arc of the Manga.

And I am appalled at how much the anime is simply a 'cliffnotes' for about half of the Berserk story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Well, currently reading the Gambino storyline, and now we know why Guts doesn't like to be touched.

Though he does end up getting his revenge on Donovan and Gambino.