Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ichiban
Sep 18, 2004

immolationsex posted:

One more thing for those new to the manga: considering that there are about 30 volumes in circulation right now, with new issues being published at a pretty modest rate, a quick calculation will show that the mister Miura has been going at this for about 300 years. That means the artwork sees significant improvement from the first volumes, thankfully. Don't let the amateurish style in those put you off, the later volumes more than make up for it.

Yeah I hear this mentioned a lot and frankly I'm excited to see how good it can get. I'm only up to about volume 6 and even though the anatomy isn't perfect in some places, I still think the art is pretty great. Everything is so brilliantly detailed. If it only gets better from here, then I'm pumped to see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ichiban
Sep 18, 2004
Phew, just went through Volumes 1-26 in a little less than a week. I haev fallen in love with this manga so quickly. Every single character is fleshed out perfectly, with just enough back story and interaction with other characters to make them seem like real people. Seeing Gutts' life change so dramatically over the course of the first few volumes is astounding. Everyone in the manga started with a dream somewhere, only to have most of them violently and grotesquely shifted into something else. I've never been enthralled by seeing characters grow in the way that I am with this story. Certain elements of this story really intrigue me, such as the heirarchy of demons/gods, and the way causality shapes everyone's fate.

Aside from the story, I feel like I have to reiterate how incredible the artwork is. I know, I know, it's been said over and over again, but he really does improve drastically over the course of the manga. There is so much detail thrown into every panel. The expressions on peoples faces are magnificently captured by crosshatched wrinkles and lighting so realistic that I can't believe someone can draw this sort of thing off the top of their head. And the fight scenes...Oh god. The page spreads of Gutts tearing the poo poo out of whatever monster he's fighting at the time. Every panel is like a meticulously mastered painting, which I think is fitting with the story as well. It gives it a sort of antiquated look, while having enough modern elements to pique my interest.

Enough rambling, I could write a loving book about how much I love this manga. I'm so caught up in the story now. READ BERSERK. NOW.

ichiban
Sep 18, 2004
If you guys noticed, when that whole reincarnation bit happened and the tower turned into a giant hand and the 4 God Hands appeared...Femto wasn't there. It showed many panels in which it showed the 4 God Hands perched on the "fingers" of the tower, with one finger left empty. He and Griffith are likely one and the same. Also, the new Griffith is clearly much colder and demonic than before he became Femto, at least I think it's pretty clear by the way he interacts with Gutts. Griffith sacrificed the Hawks so that he could take over midland, let's not forget that. If Griffith had merely become Femto and never came back, his dream would never be completed, making the sacrifices and all that worth nothing. This is all part of Griffith's fate which is now written in stone.

ichiban
Sep 18, 2004

kuroikenshi posted:

http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=176930

Latest RAW that I have uploaded. Remember, its in the moon language so its just the pretty pictures!

discusson about the chapter: drat, Gutts is looking pretty hosed up. And it looks like Farneze is learning astral projection. I thought I was going to hate Farneze from the beginning and wasn't too pumped when she joined the "team," but it's actually starting to look like she might be useful. Poor Gutts, though. A good heart tainted by evil, all he wants to do is help Caska but she keeps running from him, causing him more pain. loving Griffith.