Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

I'd have thought that with the Dreamcast game being released in the US, they'd give the PS2 version the same treatment, but sadly they didn't. It sucks, because it was even cooler than the DC one, and focuses on the entire Millenium Falcon story arc instead of a new story made solely for the game, so definitely one of my better imports. Some versions came with a Guts statue if you preordered :eek:

COOL

Nate RFB posted:

The anime is a glorified commercial for the manga. I love the anime myself but the two don't deserve to be in the same sentence. You won't regret checking it out if you liked the anime.

Yeah, I watched it before I had even heard that it was based on a manga at first. The best analogy came from someone here that said its the equivalent of getting a really awesome BJ from a hot nun, and right as you're about to climax she walks away forever. It was a pretty awesome week of reading when I learned about it 2 years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Well, considering Guts is having a nightmare whilst it appears the beast is unhinging itself, maybe as a light speedbump on their way to elf city, since we're most likely going to see some nightmare action, Miura would take a page from the PS2 and have a sequence similar to the part in the game where Guts is back at the eclipse while dreaming, and demonic versions of the Hawks are trying to kill him, and a giant fight ensues. It was one of the best parts in the game, and I may just be wishful hoping he'd draw it out

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Dancing Ferret posted:

Hard to tell sometimes if it's a woman or a pre-pubescent boy

Favorite Berserk quote: "Life ain't nothin but bitches and money."

BEHIND THE VOICE

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Zorak posted:

Yes, they're just monstrously strong people though. As opposed to when they transform into their apostle forms they become simply monsters.

Grunberd being the coolest in both forms

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

SamuraiMushroom posted:

I don't know either, it just caught my eye.

Well wait you may be on to something, see when you add an I

It all makes sense now - Easter Island = Elf Island. That wacky Puck

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Jedah posted:

This is a good summary of where Berserk is at, I was going to post almost the same thing. Ganishka might inflict some big casualities to Griffith's army, but I do not think Griffith will be even close to defeated. On the same hand, if he kills Ganishka too fast, where will the manga go from there? There's been much build up to this point.

As for Gatsu, I think the Skull Knight will somehow be intertwined with his destiny and have a vital role in defeating Griffith. Though it hasn't been revealed yet, I think the Skull Knight played the unsung Hero of the pre-Griffith Midland, though it seems he sacrificed himself to become an apostle? I'm betting in his day and age, he carried many of the same burdens as Gatsu. Plus, we still don't know anything about his realm-ripping Behelit sword, or what powers it holds.

I wanna assume that it isn't the sword, but SK himself that has the power to rip into realms. They've shown him eating Behelit's a few times, and when him and Guts were in the cave fighting Slan, he jammed his sword into his mouth and when he pulled it out, it was supercharged and started ripping dimensions and stuff. I'd think that he can absorb them somehow? It really hasn't been touched other than that though

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Turn A posted:

So, um -- has Guts killed Griffith yet?

Are they still on Namek? the ship?

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

notZaar posted:

Does it really matter if they reach the island? The story will progress one way or the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Note: Guts died on the way back to elf island