Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GFBeach
Jul 6, 2005

Surrounded by wierdos

Gwynne posted:

I forget who warned Guts, but I think it foreshadows that Caska wont be the same :( ever again

I want to say that it was Schierke's mentor. And it makes sense, too; given the sheer horror of the Eclipse and what the aftermath has inflicted at least on Guts, perhaps ignorance is bliss. I interpreted the warning as if she ever gets her senses back she'll be an utterly broken person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GFBeach
Jul 6, 2005

Surrounded by wierdos
Wow. I didn't notice it so much before, but in the latest chapter it's very easy to tell that Guts looks like poo poo. I guess it's to be expected given all that he's been through, but drat. :pwn:

GFBeach
Jul 6, 2005

Surrounded by wierdos

SpazmasterX posted:

That may be so, but he's starting to resent the hunk of iron on his left arm. It may have it's uses, but it's become a burden to him. Plus, Guts will probably be 10 times as badass when he has depth perception! :black101:

Why do you think Guts uses the Dragonslayer? With a sword that long, you don't need depth perception. :pseudo:

GFBeach
Jul 6, 2005

Surrounded by wierdos

Zorak posted:

It's explained how that works, if you may recall. When he ate the behelits, it melted them down somehow in his stomach (not sure how that works). Behelits are the most powerful magical object in the world, as the Witch mentioned, since they're the only things capable of guiding fate itself and connect the worlds deeply. So what the Skull Knight is doing is wielding the power of the God Hand against them.

Now if only there was enough Behelit-goop to coat the Dragonslayer...

GFBeach
Jul 6, 2005

Surrounded by wierdos
I remember when Flora was handing out magical weapons to everyone Guts declined the axe being presented, and then either Flora or Schierke mentioned that the Dragonslayer had slain so many monsters that it attained magical properties/curses of its own. It may not have been potent enough to wound a God Hand when Guts tried to take out Femto, but I don't think it's too far of a stretch in the future.

GFBeach
Jul 6, 2005

Surrounded by wierdos
Chika Umino will be doing the cover art for the 33rd volume of Berserk. :psypop:

GFBeach
Jul 6, 2005

Surrounded by wierdos

Zackarotto posted:

I can't promise that it would read as well as Miura's version, though.

Having anything to read would be a vast improvement at this point. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GFBeach
Jul 6, 2005

Surrounded by wierdos
"Something big happened in Berserk."
"That's impossible, nothing ever happens anymore."
"Then how do you explain the dead unicorns?"