Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
I went into this hoping for a lot, given how much I loved Transformers in my youth, and I was vastly disappointed. The movie we have here is barely coherent, with a shocking story-line, awkward dialogue, and not enough focus on the title characters of the movie.

The plot is vastly centralised on the humans. Most of it concerns the way that the humans react to the arrival of the Transformers, and it is completely absurd. There seems to be no trace of realism in their actions. The Transformers themselves act absurdly, get very little dialogue in comparison to the human characters, and well... Just aren't fleshed out. Their origins, motivations, the individual characteristics of each Transformer... None of that is really there. They are cardboard cut-outs.

Some of the action is okay. However, this film suffers from shakey-camera syndrome, which is very distracting in some parts of the film. The CGI, I will admit, is very good. Again, there's not enough purely robot-on-robot action. I did not go into this movie to see US troops firing ineffectually at robots. A little bit of that is fine, but again, there seems to be more focus on them than on the Transformers themselves.

Rating: 2.0. Not recommended. gently caress Michael Bay.

Neurosis fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Jun 30, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU