Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Dammerung posted:

Absolutely! Would you consider getting a domesticated bunny as a pet? They definitely don't smell like poo poo, heck, I think somebody in this thread has a bunny that smells like coffee most of the time.
Do not feed your rabbit coffee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

However, if you have a rabbit named Coffee: please feed your rabbit Coffee.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

FactsAreUseless posted:

As long as you don't mind 23 hours a day of the chase game.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

grack posted:

Jesus. Harriet on Coffee. That would be terrifying.

That being said, as some of you are probably already aware, I have harnessed the destructive power of Harriet in the matter of petty revenge. Excellent

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

grack posted:

My bun would probably chew through a wall or something. It'd be horrifying!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"All the world will be your enemy, Prince --"

"Yeah. Yeah yeah yeah. Cool. Cool. Hey, you uh... you got another one of those espresso things? The ones with the chocolate."

"No. Anyway, as I was trying to say. All the world will be--"

"What about, like, espresso beans? The chocolate covered ones. Wouldn't even have to get me a cup, I could just take them with me."

"*coughs* When they catch you, they will KILL you."

"Gonna have to catch me first!"

*runs in circles for twenty minutes, dies*

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Rabbits smell wonderful and glade is missing the boat not making a plugin.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

bunnyofdoom posted:

Jesus. Harriet on Coffee. That would be terrifying.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Followed by five minutes of intense running before exploding into a swirling torrent of blood, bunny fur, and little round poops.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I spilled an energy drink once and before I was able to clean it up my bun had a few sips of it. She was doing those happy jump-and-twists that buns do for like a half hour straight, then passed out for a good long nap

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

So I got a second bunny. I didn't know how much work it would be to bond them, the new one REALLY hates my rabbit right now, but she has a very shy personality so it's going to be awhile before she's comfortable period.

:/

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

e:

FactsAreUseless posted:

:golfclap:

Karandras
Apr 27, 2006

I have an Apple Watch with a leather loop and a rabbit. I do t expect I'll have both for long

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Guys, I am really starting to wonder how much Harriet loves me because in the past month she has not destroyed any of my stuff, only my roomates. My socks are uneaten, my bedroom carpet is clean, my phone charging cables are untouched.

Either Harriet really does love me, and is acting as my instrument of vengeance on my roomate, or she dislikes me enough not to show her usual loving ways.

She did groom my hair though so.....

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
My bunnies now endeavor to be at all times just outside my peripheral vision as they follow me around the house. Every time I look at them they avert their gaze and bury their faces in one another. Is this fear? Respect? Disrespect? Are they hiding? I don't understand.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

bunnyofdoom posted:

Guys, I am really starting to wonder how much Harriet loves me because in the past month she has not destroyed any of my stuff, only my roomates. My socks are uneaten, my bedroom carpet is clean, my phone charging cables are untouched.

Either Harriet really does love me, and is acting as my instrument of vengeance on my roomate, or she dislikes me enough not to show her usual loving ways.

She did groom my hair though so.....

Harriet did something really, really bad and she's buttering you up so you won't be as mad once you figure it out.

What I'm saying is expect to find a human femur with bunny tooth gnaw marks in your closet.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

grack posted:

Harriet did something really, really bad and she's buttering you up so you won't be as mad once you figure it out.

What I'm saying is expect to find a human femur with bunny tooth gnaw marks in your closet.

My roomate didn't seem to be home last night....and Harriet was affectionate this morning.

So, bleach, and garbage bags to hide the remains?

boberteatskitten
Jan 30, 2013

Do not put rocks in brain.
Caption contest:

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

avlein
Jun 13, 2011
This rabbit hopped into my backyard today. At first, I thought it was just a cute visitor, but then it turned its head.

It wasn't pretty.

I've never seen such a thing before - and I have no experience in handling rabbits. Does anyone know what happened to this poor rabbit's eye?

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

holy loving poo poo just take it to a vet yesterday

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Remora posted:

holy loving poo poo just take it to a vet yesterday

Rabbit vets can be hard to find, and expensive. I figure a cat probably got that bun. Check your local rescue of they take rabbits if it looks like a dumped pet.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

avlein posted:

This rabbit hopped into my backyard today. At first, I thought it was just a cute visitor, but then it turned its head.

It wasn't pretty.

I've never seen such a thing before - and I have no experience in handling rabbits. Does anyone know what happened to this poor rabbit's eye?

It's a domestic based on its coat. Looks like it probably got attacked by something, got an injury that turned into an infection and abscessed.

Could possibly live a long healthy life if you want to invest the money in keeping it alive. It's probably gonna be costly if you can find a vet with rabbit experience.

Windy
Feb 8, 2004

Does anyone buy hay from local farmers? I'm nearly out of my normal KMS timothy order and they are set to be out of it until August. I live in a reasonable driving distance from several farms but I can't be sure what their hay is comprised of. Did you ask for a break down of what the majority grass component was or just say "screw it" and feed it to your rabbits anyway?

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

So for the last couple days I've noticed something I've never seen before. I see on the floor what looks like a normal dropping but it looks smushed. I've never seen it before. It's like a thin layer of toothpaste? (I don't know how to describe it)

I'm trying to move my 2 rabbits between cages, so I'm not sure if I upset the digestion or something weird (rabbits are so sensitive!)

It doesn't appear runny, it's almost a fruit roll up texture. Has anyone seen this before? Is it possible he just smushed it himself with wet paws or something?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

somnambulist posted:

So for the last couple days I've noticed something I've never seen before. I see on the floor what looks like a normal dropping but it looks smushed. I've never seen it before. It's like a thin layer of toothpaste? (I don't know how to describe it)

I'm trying to move my 2 rabbits between cages, so I'm not sure if I upset the digestion or something weird (rabbits are so sensitive!)

It doesn't appear runny, it's almost a fruit roll up texture. Has anyone seen this before? Is it possible he just smushed it himself with wet paws or something?

Are you sure it isn' just a squished cecal?

http://imgur.com/a/5N4lD

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

somnambulist posted:

Smooshed cecal. If it keeps happening, talk to your vet. It could be a gut flora imbalance.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I did it. I finally caught Harriet Houdini pulling her cage escape act and tkaing a running leap through the hatch on top of her cage. So, yeah, now I need to keep that latch closed

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Yes, bunnies can jump

Kind of part and parcel of what they are

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

grack posted:

Yes, bunnies can jump

Kind of part and parcel of what they are

Shes been trying without suceeding for three years

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Peanut tugs at the fence when we close her in but isn't strong enough to open their house that way. We basically have a cage, around which we have attached fencing to create a large play area (which forms their house). It doesn't latch closed, but the fence naturally bends closed and I've weighted the bottom to make it hard to open.

I think our two get out on occasion thanks to their natural clumsiness. There are carpets abutting the fence, they jump down from the roof of the cage onto the carpets, which then skid comically into the fence and force it open. Snoopy is a little ninja, she is completely quiet when hopping around but Peanut is an elephant that thumps her big feet around the house so she inevitably announces their escape before they can cause too much damage.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I have the jump-laziest rabbits in the world. Pepper won't jump for anything. When she was little, she might have hopped about a foot off the ground if there was hay in it for her, but even then probably not.

My husband was stunned when he saw my old rabbit Camille hop 4+ feet onto a box to get some hay. He had no idea "they could do that." I'm like, you idiot, it's a rabbit.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Bean posted:

I have the jump-laziest rabbits in the world. Pepper won't jump for anything. When she was little, she might have hopped about a foot off the ground if there was hay in it for her, but even then probably not.

My husband was stunned when he saw my old rabbit Camille hop 4+ feet onto a box to get some hay. He had no idea "they could do that." I'm like, you idiot, it's a rabbit.

When we had ours they would all jump onto the couch. Two of them would get down by going to the edge and hopping downward and then run off.

But not Sascha, oh hell no. She would go to the edge, look down, and jump as hard as possible and smash face first into the coffee table and fall down.

Every

loving

Time

No wonder she was so drat stupid.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Hey, our vet (finally) got the results for whatever it was she cut off Pepper's leg. It turns out it was a "trichoblastoma"? She says they're usually benign, but since Pepper's grew so quick, we should keep an eye on it.

Here's the thing: I'm not convinced it grew quick. It was in a weird spot (like, the bit of leg leading up to the crotch), and I think I just didn't see it until it was huge.

Either way, tell me more about rabbits having those things and otherwise assure me that she'll have a long and ornery life.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bean posted:

Hey, our vet (finally) got the results for whatever it was she cut off Pepper's leg. It turns out it was a "trichoblastoma"? She says they're usually benign, but since Pepper's grew so quick, we should keep an eye on it.

Here's the thing: I'm not convinced it grew quick. It was in a weird spot (like, the bit of leg leading up to the crotch), and I think I just didn't see it until it was huge.

Either way, tell me more about rabbits having those things and otherwise assure me that she'll have a long and ornery life.
She'll be fine. She was fine when you last asked and your vet says she's fine.

Relax. Benign tumors happen, it was treated successfully and wasn't cancerous.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Bean posted:

Don't worry, she'll be back to her destructive, hateful ways soon enough.

I don't know how reassuring that actually is.

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Bean posted:

Glad your bunny is gonna be okay.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Buntanamo bay inmatw #24601. Her crime is attacking me while I was cleaning her litterbox out. Sentenced to 15 minutes solitary confinement in the carrier, followed by a nail trimming and vigorous cuddling to get all stray fur off.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

bunnyofdoom posted:

Buntanamo bay inmatw #24601. Her crime is attacking me while I was cleaning her litterbox out. Sentenced to 15 minutes solitary confinement in the carrier, followed by a nail trimming and vigorous cuddling to get all stray fur off.

ALLAHU BUNKIN!! Death to the human infidel!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Errant Gin Monks posted:

ALLAHU BUNKIN!! Death to the human infidel!!

she does love tabouleh.