Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokidoki
Feb 23, 2006

Damn bunnies!
What a coincidence. I just posted pics of my bunnies.

The darker one, a Silver Marten, is Bunbun. I got her from a pet store as a bunny. The New Zealand White is Scary, whom I rescued from a shelter at around 1 year old. The shelter people had named him FUBAR, which tells you what they thought of the poor guy :(. He's got the sweetest disposition, too. They're both about two years old now.

They roam free in my condo and love to race around. Occasionally I bring my mom's puppy over and it and Scary play chase, although Scary's much faster than the puppy and will occasionally turn around and jump over the puppy's head just for fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokidoki
Feb 23, 2006

Damn bunnies!

FrenchyPoo Fagnasty posted:

^^^ Look at those ears!!! Totally cute. You are one lucky person.

Aw, thanks! I really love them a lot :)

tokidoki
Feb 23, 2006

Damn bunnies!

Tinkerhell posted:

So I have a question for you bunny fanatics. I had a mini rex when I was younger. I wanted to train her to be a 'house' bunny and I let her roam free by taking up ALL my cords and anything she could get into. The only problem was that she propelled herself with poop. I swear ever 5 hops there was a little pellet on the ground. I think she got the hang of peeing in the cage but it was like she didn't even know she was pooping.

Do your house bunnys poop everywhere or do they wait until they are outside or in their box?

I've found in my own bunnies that it's a territorial thing. When I didn't have a cage, my first bun pooped all over the house even though she was box trained. When I got the second bun, I bought them a big 4x4 cage where I put them when I go out of town and whatnot. They view the cage as 'their' territory and will occasionally poop outside of the box in the cage to mark the cage as theirs. But when they're out running around in the rest of the house (my house) they don't poop at all because I think they understand that this is my territory.

Or I could be wrong, but that's how I understand it from some reading I've done.

tokidoki
Feb 23, 2006

Damn bunnies!

luscious posted:

okay so recently this picture got taken of Paterson and I want to show it off everywhere since it's the cutest thing ever:

edit to add: as of this morning, Paterson can thump. He's never thumped, as far as I remember, but he's suddenly learned how. So far he's thumped at me out of nowhere four times in the hour I've been awake. I'm hoping that he'll get over the novelty of it and stop soon because it scares the other two.

Totally cute pic! He looks very soft.

Thumping is a rabbit's way of warning other rabbits of danger. Something must have changed in your household to stress/threaten him, otherwise he wouldn't have started thumping.

tokidoki
Feb 23, 2006

Damn bunnies!

girlscoutdropout posted:

Edit: picture

Wow, I didn't realize how easy it would be. Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFsQgA6pMi8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokidoki
Feb 23, 2006

Damn bunnies!
Hmm, I clicked on 'diet' in the side nav bar and the entire bar disappeared and now I can't do anything but look at the intro page. Or is the site not functioning, yet?