Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
You know, at first I was worried that Spirit Armor might burn out eventually.

Then I look around and realise the sheer number of people that will steamroll all over him if he did.

Then I realise that Iris' powers are infinite and capable of piercing dimensions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Reallycoolname posted:

You know, at first I was worried that Spirit Armor might burn out eventually.

Then I look around and realise the sheer number of people that will steamroll all over him if he did.

Then I realise that Iris' powers are infinite and capable of piercing dimensions.

I'm pretty sure, knowing goons and their love of internet detecting, that a few of us likely know where he lives as well. So odds are good that the steamrolling could invole an actual, factual steamroller.

Perhaps powered by Iris' unholy magics.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

I'm pretty sure, knowing goons and their love of internet detecting, that a few of us likely know where he lives as well. So odds are good that the steamrolling could invole an actual, factual steamroller.

Perhaps powered by Iris' unholy magics.

We need an Iris statue built around a bulldozer.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
I personally think that one Sakura Wars game in a row would be enough. It'd be nice to see the others eventually, but I wouldn't have a problem if he just stopped at this one and maybe did a few other games first. It would be awesome to see you do one of the SRW games.

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Silentman0 posted:

I personally think that one Sakura Wars game in a row would be enough. It'd be nice to see the others eventually, but I wouldn't have a problem if he just stopped at this one and maybe did a few other games first. It would be awesome to see you do one of the SRW games.

Holy loving yes DO THIS.

unangbangkay
Sep 30, 2008

Silentman0 posted:

Yes! If I could beg for one I'd beg for the PS2 adaptation of Super Robot Wars OGS, the PS2 remake of both OG games!

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

unangbangkay posted:

Yes! If I could beg for one I'd beg for the PS2 adaptation of Super Robot Wars OGS, the PS2 remake of both OG games!

That is a long, long game, with a significantly smaller relative proportion of hilarious dialogue.

unangbangkay
Sep 30, 2008

Hokuto posted:

That is a long, long game, with a significantly smaller relative proportion of hilarious dialogue.

*Sigh* I know, and in truth I wouldn't wish it on anyone, but the chances of it coming over the pond now are almost nil, given how dismal the GBA version sales were...

But those SPRITES....

Maybe Odin Sphere? Less hilarity, but the SPRITES...

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

unangbangkay posted:

*Sigh* I know, and in truth I wouldn't wish it on anyone, but the chances of it coming over the pond now are almost nil, given how dismal the GBA version sales were...

But those SPRITES....

Maybe Odin Sphere? Less hilarity, but the SPRITES...

Feinne is doing Odin Sphere.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Bakanogami posted:

When I heard he was playing SRWZ I was really tempted to suggest that he do an LP of some SRW game after he finished with Sakura Wars, but at this rate it could be a while.
At this rate we'll be flying around in space in super robots powered by BURNING JUSTICE instead of steam.

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Love, Justice, and Mid-Season Upgrades Steam-Powered Robots.
----------
:siren:VIDEO ALERT!:siren:

Before the battle.

Google Version!

"... once the Imperial Assault Force was able to discern [the Hive of Darkness's] long-term objective, virtually everyone assumed that it would give Japan the edge needed to triumph over the demons once and for all. Archbishop Tenkai had a very specific pattern of targets in mind, one that made predicting the location of his next attack a simple matter indeed.

"The Hive of Darkness staked everything on being able to complete their incantation before the humans could figure out what was going on; the Imperial Assault Force prayed that they would have enough time to second-guess the demons' plans. Both sides gambled... and the humans came out on top, with just enough time to mobilize their forces and forestall Tenkai's installation of the final 'linchpin'.

"However, no one* could have predicted that the Hive of Darkness would strike at the very heart of Ginza... and at the nervous system of the Imperial Assault Force, the Grand Imperial Theater."

- Excerpt from the 1977 edition of "Samurai Spirits: The History of the Flower Division," written by M. Sunnyside.

*Interestingly enough, then-Ensign Ichiro Ogami had a fairly large number of observations on his superiors' abilities to predict much of anything. None of them are fit for printing, however.
- L. Altair.

----------

TAISHO ERA, 12th YEAR: SEPTEMBER
BASEMENT of the GRAND IMPERIAL THEATER

And as the scene is opened up, everyone is just chillin'. Y'know, if the Crimson Hornet Squad had bothered to finish a clearly-incapacitated Kanna and Iris off, the game would probably be a lot shorter than it is at present.

... this kind of begs the question of what the hell Kanna and Iris are actually doing, since it's a given that neither can actually be killed, let alone incapacitated by something so silly as Wakiji. I mean, Kanna's a musclebound primeval god-deity of WAR in human form, and Iris is a... somewhat different (but no less dangerous) sort of god-deity.

But we've got more pressing matters to worry about!

For instance, Kohran going THWAP!

... and she actually gets owned so hard that she bounces off the wall behind her before faceplanting.

Things ain't goin' so well.

----

To make matters worse, Kohran is cornered! Could this be... could this be the end of the line for our honorable, brave, and above all else depraved heroes!?

[Maria]

Don't give up!!

Pfft, of COURSE it isn't the end of the line. We've still got Maria.

----

Maria, who's showing us that--

-- bitches don't know 'bout her hip-slung mecha rifle. :colbert:

----

Sadly, even Maria isn't immune to getting slapped off to the side, as blasphemous as the thought may be. And finally...

We have Sumire. Who is probably completely unharmed on account of it's still not her turn yet.

... EVEN IN THE GODDAMN CUTSCENES. :argh:

----

As usual, however--

[Sakura]

That's as far as you go!

-- demonic boasting never fails to attract meddling anime protagonists.

----

----

----
[Ogami]

... drat, I'm cool.

[Kohran]

Um...

[Ogami]

Fear not, Kohran, I'm here to save you!

[Sumire]

And Sakura-san?

[Ogami]

She's beyond saving. In more ways than one.

[Kohran]

Anyways, I'm happy that y'all have come t' save us, but what're ya plannin' to do 'bout that there point-blank explosion?

[Ogami]

What? What point-blank--

----

----
[Ogami]

GAH!

[Kohran]

That one. But hey, don't worry, you'll probably be alright. Theatrics an' all that, y'know?

----

----
[Ogami]

... uh. I, well, thanks for the heads-up, Kohran.

[Kohran]

Yeah, I still got it.

[Ogami]

... anyway, Sakura-kun, you can stop staring at my Koubu's rear end and come down the stairs now, it's time to fight.

[Sakura]

YES, MY LORD!

[Iris]

What the--

[Ogami]

I-I'll explain later, fight-fight chop-chop first.

----

[Maria]

Sakura!!

[Iris]

Oniichan!!

[Kanna]

Captain!!

[Kohran]

Y'all are late, th' both of ya!!

[Sumire]

Honestly!!

----
[Kohran]

Y'all suck! What took ya so long?

[Sumire]

Honestly!!

[Ogami]

Hah hah hah, oh gently caress you all.

[Sakura]

!

[Ogami]

Except you.

[Sakura]

Awww.

----

----

----

----
[Miroku]

Whoa there, no need to rush, be sure not to strain yourselves you backward imbeciles.

[Sumire]

Good help is so hard to find, isn't it?

[Miroku]

Bite me.

----

With that, Miroku disappears to watch from the bleachers!

----
[Maria]

... they kind of did, Captain.

[Ogami]

Yeah, I was about to get to that-- how the hell did you guys gently caress UP so badly?

[Maria]

I deemed it prudent to try and follow your example, since your leadership abilities HAVE served us well.

[Ogami]

How'd it go?

[Maria]

~~FLASHBACK~~
[Maria]

Hmm. If I'm to follow the Captain's example...

[Maria]

[Maria]

Everyone, tear off your Koubu's limbs and throw them at the enemy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Maria]

... let's just say that I'll be the first to admit that your strategies ARE more complex than "do the dumbest thing that comes to mind."

[Ogami]

I'll... I'll just take that as a vote of confidence and move on.

----

[Ogami]

Here we go, Sakura-kun... we're breaking through those barrier walls and rescuing everyone else!

----
[Sakura]

Really?

[Ogami]

Don't be silly, we're opening the doors and walking through them like rational steam-powered robot-piloting psychodrivers. I was just being dramatic.

----

[Sakura]

Yessir!!

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Apr 5, 2013

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

----------
:siren:OPTIONAL VIDEO!:siren:

The first half of the battle!

Google Version!
----------

Right. So we've got Sakura and Ogami right in front of the stairs, and everyone else is holed up in a room at the end of the hallway.

However, they're not holed up in just ANY room!

[Kohran]

This strange demonic energy spreadin' across th' floor... it looks like it's damagin' th' Koubu.

----
[Yoneda]

Naw, that just means that it's time to get an actual ventilation syst--

[Yoneda]

[Yoneda]

I mean, how horrid! Those dastardly demons!!

[Ogami]

... your leadership abilities never fail to render me speechless, sir.

----

[Sumire]

What did you say...? Then... as long as we remain here, we cannot escape it... I see.

[Kanna]

Captain! Hurry up an' get over here!! At this rate, we'll be taken down before th' battle even begins!

[Iris]

Oniichan, save us~!! Hurry up and do something~!!

Oh, NOW they call out for Ogami's help and treat him like something besides a gullible brain-dead man-boy-toy.

[Maria]

... understood. We'll do what we can.

Right, leading off with Ogami. Let's just get to the others as soon as--

-- uh.

----
[Ogami]

... Manager Yoneda, is there any particular reason why I'm still staring at a giant metal shutter instead of a hallway?

[Yoneda]

Well, m'boy, those are an entirely infallible security measure and the pride of our theater-- steam-powered barrier walls that slam shut at the first scent of demonic energy!

[Ogami]

Yes, I gathered that much. We're here to kill the demons, you can totally open them back up now.

[Yoneda]

[Ogami]

... you can't!?

[Yoneda]

"Can't" is such a strong word, m'boy! We're just not empowered with the necessary mechanisms and all.

[Ogami]

Wha-- buh-- how did you expect us to use the rest of the basement when, after we chase off the demons, the rest of the basement is still blocked off by walls?

[Ogami]

More to the point, how the gently caress do you expect me to save everyone if they're locked in a room full of poison!?

[Yoneda]

Hahaha, well, you SAID that you were gonna break down the barrier walls, right?

[Ogami]

I WAS JUST BEING DRAMATIC!! -- alright, you know what? gently caress it.

----

----

----

----
[Kanna]

The... what strategy?

[Kohran]

Uh. Well, d'ya remember th' Summit strategy, when Ogami-han opened our Koubu up to a mountain?

[Kanna]

Yeah, of course I do, that's--

[Kanna]

-- uh-oh.

----

HSSSSSSS

SHOOOOM

----

BLAZE

----
[Maria]

Did-- did you just channel the power of the entire sun into our Koubu!?

[Ogami]

Holy shi-- wha-- I didn't--

[Kanna]

Agh! I'm swelterin' in here!

[Sumire]

Turn it off! Quickly!! Iris is going to--

[Iris]

Gieeeeh! Hisssssss!

[Kohran]

... I hate t' interrupt y'all, but everyone DOES realize that we're underground an' thus away from th' sun's glare, right? An' 'sides that, it's nighttime, to boot.

[Iris]

HSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS--

[Ogami]

... y'know what? I think I'm going to keep it on for a while.

----

Anyways, between us and everyone else...

There are a few doors, along with those poor bastard Wakiji unfortunate enough to get stuck between 'em without any sort of way to escape.

In total, there are two doors and three Wakiji between us and them--

-- "them" being the rest of the Flower Division, who're stuck up poo poo creek without a paddle.

Not only are they ALL at half health, but their spirit gauges are completely empty-- meaning that Iris won't be able to unleash her super awesome healing special attack and make this stage ridiculously easy.

Right then-- once again, I'm guarding Sumire because she goes last. While it WOULD be hilarious if she was killed before her turn even rolls around, it wouldn't be very convenient.

And finally, forty-five images into the update, I can finally hit something.

----
[Maria]

... Captain, I'm fairly certain that you can't electrocute a door.

[Ogami]

WATCH ME.

----

----

----

----
[Ogami]

Hah! See!?

[Maria]

But... but it shouldn't be physically POSSIBLE to blow up a door by channeling electricity into--

[Kohran]

Let it go, Maria-han-- th' phrase "ignorance is bliss" was DESIGNED with people like Ogami-han in mind.

[Kohran]

'Sides, YOUR Koubu shoots ice bullets.

[Maria]

There's a perfectly good explanation for that.

[Kohran]

ICE BULLETS.

[Maria]

... fair enough.

----

----

----
[Ogami]

(-- just keep moving don't make eye contact don't make eye contact don't--)

----

Kanna time! :woop:

Though I'm finding it harder and harder to place any faith in our leadership, it'd probably be better see what our higher-ups have to say.

... and as expected, the advice received is frighteningly useless. O-kay.

----

Translation: Fisticuffs with a goddamned vengeance.

... and one of them nifty combination attacks.

[Kanna]

Look out, I'm a tiger~!

[Iris]

Roar, roar!

... minus any sort of common sense, but I'd sincerely hope that everyone reading this thread is used to it by now.

----

----
[Ogami]

... good lord, haven't you guys been weakened at all by the poison that's killing your Koubu bit by bit?

[Kanna]

Actually, I think my response time's gone up! Also, I haven't been feeling any pain for the last twenty minutes.

[Ogami]

O... kay. Anyone else?

[Iris]

Yup! ... minus the "not feeling pain."

[Kanna]

Hah hah hah! Whoops, I guess that last one was just me!

[Ogami]

Hah hah hah! Oh, Kanna, you and your utter disregard for the human body's physical limits.

[Ogami]

... I need to get out of this place.

----

ME AND THE CAP'N CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN! :v:

And the woman still has enough action gauge left to charge up her spirit gauge and punch the neighboring Wakiji's teeth out.

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Apr 5, 2013

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

----
[Ogami]

... I COULD give you a medal, but then I'd have to give Maria a heart and Kanna a brain.

[Kohran]

I could--

[Ogami]

No cutting out peoples' organs without their permission, Kohran. Also, you're not allowed to claim to have misinterpreted someone's non-verbal cues as permission. ... again.

[Kohran]

I was ABOUT t' say that I coulda bred you a heart an' a lung, but y'all can jes' forget about it NOW.

[Ogami]

I... I think I'll do my best to forget, Kohran.

----

Blushing, again.

Sadly, Sakura's final attack doesn't quite reach...

... so it's just time to cut the barstud up a bit. Nothing special.

FUN FACT: So it turns out that the Crimson Hornet Squad is fast enough to preempt most of my team. For instance, Iris.

----

----

----

----

Which kind of sucks because jesus hoppity christ on a pogo stick.

And another hit.

... while I usually laugh at this amount of damage, it's kind of frightening when it accounts for a pretty large percentage of a character's remaining hit points. :smith:

So, uh, everyone else seems to be facing the same problem.

----

On the plus side, their spirit energy gauges are going up!

----

... on the downside, they're tearing us a new rear end in a top hat.

----

(Meanwhile, Sakura, the supposed MVP of the chapter, is taking more damage than anyone else on the team.)

----

After a huge bout of indecision, in which I discover that you CAN'T fit more than one Wakiji into Kohran's area-of-effect attack...

----

... I have to settle for reducing just one Wakiji to a bloody smear.

Wuh-hey, if there's one thing good about these sorts of cramped quarters, it's that EVERYONE is in range of Kohran's attack! For instance, the Wakiji bugging Iris.

Maria Tachibana!

----
[Sumire]

Should you REALLY be randomly shooting into the ceiling like that?

[Maria]

Randomly?

[Yoneda]

[Maria]

Now, Manager Yoneda, I believe that you will be upgrading the theater's barrier walls to include failsafes...?

[Yoneda]

Y-yes! I'll be good! Please don't blow off my other foot.

[Maria]

Very good.

[Sumire]

... why aren't you in charge of this theater?

[Maria]

Politics is much too bloodthirsty for my tastes.

----

Sniping everyone! YAY

----

And a combination!

[Maria]

You're pretty good.

[Kanna]

Same goes for you!

----

----

Sensing that its chances of making it out alive are null, the other Wakiji promptly explodes when Maria looks its way.

That leaves one left in here!

----

Oh, Iris. Still exuding that same ridiculously saccharine annoying-slash-adorable aura, even when two inches away from blowing up.

Chargin' up her spirit gauge so that I can actually access her huge area-of-effect full heal...

... and spending the remainder of her turn in attack mode.

----
[Ogami]

... where the heck did you teleport it to, Iris?

[Iris]

I didn't teleport it anywhere! Iris just went back in time and badtouched its manufacturer so hard that the Wakiji was never created in the first place.

[Ogami]

[Ogami]

Just... just keep on doing whatever it is you do, Iris.

[Iris]

Okay! Iris is sorry about the original seventh and eighth members of the Flower Division, by the way.

[Ogami]

WHAT seventh and eighth members of--

[Iris]

N-Nevermind, Oniichan!

----

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Apr 5, 2013

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

------------
:siren:OPTIONAL VIDEO!:siren:

The second half of the battle!

Google Version!
------------

----
[Ogami]

You! The battle's already over!! Why do I even bother protecting you!?

[Sumire]

Calm down, Ensign, you're simply exaggerating.

[Ogami]

What the heck do you DO when everyone's fighting!? Do you just stare at your spear like--

~~~

[Sumire]

HURR WHICH END OF SPEAR DOES I ARE USING
~~~

[Sumire]

... Ensign? Ensign, why are you laughing so hard? Aren't you going to finish whatever it was you were about to say?

[Ogami]

N... never mind, just trust me when I tell you that it's better left unsaid.

----

----
[Sumire]

Well, at least I was not the one who chose a strategy where we are not even allowed to heal ourselves.

[Kanna]

Hah hah hah! Man up, Sumire, pain builds character!

[Sumire]

It also builds SHUT YOUR MOUTH, KANNA.

[Kanna]

Too much character! TOO MUCH CHARACTER!!

[Sumire]

KIIIIIIIIIIIIIII--

----

And for some utterly asstarded reason, WE can't break this last door down from THIS side.

Floor's turn!

---

G-geh, that's bad. I don't think half of the team even HAS 30 hp to spare. :gonk:

Welp, goodbye, Iris!

... and Kanna!

And. Uh.

How the hell are those two still standing!? They didn't even HAVE 30 HP to spare!!

----
[Ayame]

So that you can get gassed too?

[Ogami]

Yeah! So that I can get gassed t--

[Ogami]

-- wait, no!

----

[Ayame]

Ogami-kun! At this rate, those girls won't be able to last much longer!!
Hurry... hurry up and save them! At this point, you're the only one they can rely on, Ogami-kun!!

----
[Sakura]

And me too, right?

[Ayame]

[Ayame]

Yes, exactly.

[Sakura]

S... should I even ask what that pause was for...?

----

[Ogami]

... I understand. No matter what I have to do... I will rescue everyone!!

Alright, it's go time.

You're not the only one with a nifty final attack, Sakura!

Wolf-Tiger Destoyer...

INFINITE...

... VARIETY!

frzapfrzapfrzap

CHOOMCHOOMCHOOM

It's not a bad final attack, as far as a cheap knock-off of Sakura's Ouka Houshin goes.

R-right, leaving that aside for now...

... 1 HP.

That's not good.

Thankfully, the only enemies left are the ones that Ogami and Sakura are facing down.

----

... which is of little comfort to 1 HP Kanna.

The fact that there are no enemies left inside the deathtrap ALSO means that there is literally nothing to do but run around like a headless rabbit.

----

... and wait for Sakura to blow the rest of the enemies to hell.

Once the smoke clears:

----
[Ogami]

Oh, you did that LONG ago.

----

Welp, the battle's over, and--

----

----
[Ogami]

Wha-- wait! We defeated all the enemies! Why isn't the door opening!?

[Ayame]

... it's called having to push a switch, Ogami-kun.

[Ogami]

B-but, no one told me anything about a switch! I thought that the door would open automatically if we just killed all the enemies!!

[Ayame]

Ogami-kun, as much as I hate to break it to you... life isn't a side-scrolling action game.

[Ogami]

N-no!!

----

----

Maria ain't looking too hot, either.

Right. If I just have Iris charge up her spirit gauge, there should be just enough to--

-- to--

... wha.

Buh.

----

Right. Well, right after this turn, we should be able to--

-- FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKK

----

... um.

... and everyone else who wasn't damaged takes exactly 29 damage.

----
[Ogami]

So... everyone's still alive?

[Kanna]

Yup! Didn't even have to hold my breath.

[Iris]

Iris could've slipped between the cracks of reality to avoid death! But I didn't have to. ... tee-hee.

[Kohran]

Yeah-- it looks like th' poison stops doin' damage after a certain point.

[Maria]

So, what this boils down to is that the Hive of Darkness... basically made a non-lethal poison.

----

----
[Ogami]

----

----
[Ogami]

... I'm just going to open the door now.

[Everyone]

Agreed.

----

NEXT TIME: Stupidity Never Dies.

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Apr 5, 2013

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
That was a nice touch, adding extra intensity/suspense to the battle by doing the whole thing in Flame mode.

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Hokuto posted:

That was a nice touch, adding extra intensity/suspense to the battle by doing the whole thing in Flame mode.

I'd be better able to take credit for that if it had actually been intentional. :v: I didn't know that the poison wouldn't actually KILL them all, so I'd meant to change the strategy back to Mountain when Ogami's turn rolled around again...

... and I straight-out forgot.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Well, it's no Problem-Solvin' Blade, but thanks for showing off another final attack.

Sumire was a nice touch, too.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
They're really just too full of BURNING SPIRIT to die. Also does that mean Sakura is Fire since Ogami's Burning Spirit attack is the same as hers?

I want to see more Iris combination attacks though, they're hilarious.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Blaze? Hah, I was right.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
I don't think this LP has ever done an update that didn't make me laugh at least a couple times. Great stuff as usual, Spirit Armor.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Hahaha, the end of that update was golden.

A non-lethal poison. Is it bad that I'm not surprised at all that the Hive of Darkness would use something like that?

halesuhtem
Sep 16, 2008

Boy, it's kinda chilly today, huh..
Ogami showed a rather shocking level of competence, wit, and leadership in that fight.

Something's not right here . . . . This can't end well.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Clearly Ogami and Sakura are inversely linked - her recent descent to further insanity and stalkerish droolings have temporarily granted him competence.

God save Japan should she ever be knocked unconscious.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Revenant Threshold posted:

Clearly Ogami and Sakura are inversely linked - her recent descent to further insanity and stalkerish droolings have temporarily granted him competence.

God save Japan should she ever be knocked unconscious.

I think it's the team in general, when Nobody else is competent(except She Who Shot The Guy Upstairs) anymore, Ogami gains all the power.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

veekie posted:

I think it's the team in general, when Nobody else is competent(except She Who Shot The Guy Upstairs) anymore, Ogami gains all the power.
... Given the way the affection system directly translates into stat boosts, I think this is, in fact, true gameplay wise. The Law of Conservation of Competency. Making somebody more competent requires neglecting opportunities to make anybody else more competent. (although I doubt it's actually a zero-sum game, since it looks like potential affection gains vary from event to event, plus you can lower your total affection(and thus competency) by doing events "wrong".)

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
So, Ogami is so incompetent that his arrival automatically made all the girls powerful, because average competency must be maintained and Ogami boy is a negative value, so everyone else becomes awesome.

Except Sumire, who's still a slowpoke.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Whenever Sakura says Yes my Lord I keep hearing it as they say it in Code Geass. Especially half-shouting it.

unangbangkay
Sep 30, 2008

Cooked Auto posted:

Whenever Sakura says Yes my Lord I keep hearing it as they say it in Code Geass. Especially half-shouting it.

IESU MAI ROODO!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Once again, great update. I'm amazed how you can consistently come up with "story reasons" for the things that look like they don't make sense.

The terrible zoom in on the energy gauge 5 degrees away from full was great.

As for the poison not killing, it's obviously some kind of sleeping agent. (Though really, why not just make it a persistent debuff and keep spawning mooks until Ogami and Sakura hit the explosives Kohran planted on the walls for emergencies?)

Glazius fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Oct 10, 2008

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

If whoever you choose as your girlfriend or whatever makes them super powerful, then perhaps there is no choice in the matter in picking Sumire. You know, so she can actually participate.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Doctor Reynolds posted:

If whoever you choose as your girlfriend or whatever makes them super powerful, then perhaps there is no choice in the matter in picking Sumire. You know, so she can actually participate.
She'd still never get a turn. :v:

Dash Magnum
Jul 25, 2007

That's no moon...
It's a Face Station!

Spirit Armor posted:

----

BLAZE

----
[i][Maria]

Did-- did you just channel the power of the entire sun into our Koubu!?

Channeling the Koubu with the power of a billion exploding suns!! :sun:

:suicide:

Grunduggerer
Jan 20, 2007

Spirit Armor posted:

[Kanna]

Look out, I'm a tiger~!

[Iris]

Roar, roar!

Now does Kanna mean that in the fighting sense or the "in bed" sense? Iris will go to her room while the adults discuss.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Kanna and Iris do have the whole big one with muscles/little one with MIND MUSCLES thing going, and really I think Kanna's the person in the theater who'd get on best with Iris, since they share a fundamentally uncomplicated view of the world.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Spirit Armor posted:

Yay crazy fox lady rendered in game!

So pretty much all they have to do is survive the wakiji in the poison room and it's smooth sailing? Bah.

demota
Aug 12, 2003

I could read between the lines. They wanted to see the alien.

Morgenthau posted:

Maria's body cavities are not to underestimated.

I... oh god. You surely can't be suggesting she's a Snatcher, are you?

demota fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Oct 11, 2008

GoodShipNostalgia
May 7, 2007

"The good ship Nostalgia for Infinity. Still very much as you left her."

Spirit Armor posted:

----
[Ogami]

... I COULD give you a medal, but then I'd have to give Maria a heart and Kanna a brain.

Spirit Armor posted:

[Iris]

Okay! Iris is sorry about the original seventh and eighth members of the Flower Division, by the way.

[Ogami]

WHAT seventh and eighth members of--

[Iris]

N-Nevermind, Oniichan!

----

You are a wonderful human being. Keep it up, this really made my day.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Glazius posted:

Kanna and Iris do have the whole big one with muscles/little one with MIND MUSCLES thing going, and really I think Kanna's the person in the theater who'd get on best with Iris, since they share a fundamentally uncomplicated view of the world.

Add Kohran for Steam Powered Muscles, and the trinity is complete.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

ZeeToo posted:

She'd still never get a turn. :v:

I figured the girlfriend pilot would get a speed boost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
Just because Sumire diffuses through the air at a faster rate doesn't mean she diffuses through it at a fast rate. :v:

• Locked thread