Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

fuckers posted:

images

I hate you all so much. I come back to this thread every month or so to see what SA's done, and it amuses me, and it's all good, and then you all start flailing around like 14-year-olds going IMAGES FOR SUMMONING HURR CHEESECAKE I DROOL NOW BECAUSE TITS. Just stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
So remember the Sakura Wars 1+2 PSP port? Well someone tried to get it localized, presumably because So Long My Love made it over. Unfortunately, Sony more or less told them to gently caress off, so we'll probably never see it.

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/06/29/nis-americas-president-on-anime-crossovers-sakura-wars-and-ps3-development/

NISA posted:

Uh-oh. What’s the fate of Sakura Wars in North America then? I see a lot of my readers are hoping for Sakura 1+2 for PSP.

Another publisher tried to get approval from Sony for Sakura Wars 1+2 for PSP, but it was rejected. Once a title is rejected by SCEA there is almost no chance to release the title.

:smith:

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

Allen Wren posted:

I hate you all so much. I come back to this thread every month or so to see what SA's done, and it amuses me, and it's all good, and then you all start flailing around like 14-year-olds going IMAGES FOR SUMMONING HURR CHEESECAKE I DROOL NOW BECAUSE TITS. Just stop.
_______|/

Chill out, dude. If you're so horribly offended by cheesecake, why are you clicking the bloody links? Or just filter the thread for posts by Spirit Armor, if you don't want to see other people having fun.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Artix74 posted:

So remember the Sakura Wars 1+2 PSP port? Well someone tried to get it localized, presumably because So Long My Love made it over. Unfortunately, Sony more or less told them to gently caress off, so we'll probably never see it.

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/06/29/nis-americas-president-on-anime-crossovers-sakura-wars-and-ps3-development/

There's a lot of interesting stuff in there. It says Sakura Wars was below expectations, but he doesn't mention losing money on it (of course, they may not want to mention it even if they did). As bad as NISA's localizations can be, they seem to be masters of making profit off niche stuff. If they can make a profit on Trinity Soul and Toradora, that would be pretty impressive.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Artix74 posted:

:argh: SONY!

FighterKnuckles
Apr 17, 2010

The truth is in sight!

U.T. Raptor posted:

:argh: SONY!

Well, even though I am really sad at this news, his point is pretty valid. I mean, considering the game and the massive amount of text to translate it, it's understandable if they don't want to translate it all where the end result might not be worth it in their eyes, in terms of profit.

I mean, it's makes sense logically to not do so. But it still sucks :smith:

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

FighterKnuckles posted:

Well, even though I am really sad at this news, his point is pretty valid. I mean, considering the game and the massive amount of text to translate it, it's understandable if they don't want to translate it all where the end result might not be worth it in their eyes, in terms of profit.

I mean, it's makes sense logically to not do so. But it still sucks :smith:
That's not the grounds they rejected it on. I could understand that, but the "visual novels aren't games, amirite?" attitude was bullshit.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

U.T. Raptor posted:

That's not the grounds they rejected it on. I could understand that, but the "visual novels aren't games, amirite?" attitude was bullshit.

If I was the guy trying to localize it, I'd counter with "UMD Movies and Netflix ARE games?"

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

wdarkk posted:

If I was the guy trying to localize it, I'd counter with "UMD Movies and Netflix ARE games?"

Isn't there a Metal Gear Solid "digital graphic novel" or something?

FighterKnuckles
Apr 17, 2010

The truth is in sight!

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Isn't there a Metal Gear Solid "digital graphic novel" or something?

Yes there is. Which is even called "Metal Gear Solid Digital Graphic Novel", which also happens to have a sequel, also a graphic novel.

But with Sakura Wars, at least there's the giant robot fights which isn't a graphic novel.

Rincebrain
Dec 10, 2004

YOU KISS THAT GIRL THIS INSTANT

Canuck-Errant posted:

What, no Iris and Jean-Paul hidden behind that smiley? Weak. You're a weak cobber.

Browsing Pixiv at work is an even worse idea than browsing SA at work.

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Love, Justice, and Mid-Season Upgrades Steam-Powered Robots.

[Yoneda]

You'll understand soon...

Ah, our old friend the ancient green-screened Apple computer.

[Yoneda]

That's right. This is the enemy we've been fighting: the Kouma.

[Ogami]

The Kouma...

[Yoneda]

These troublesome beasties are strong enough to put the Hive of Darkness to shame.

[Ogami]

Yessir.

----
[Ogami]

O... kay, I'll be sure to file that under "poo poo I already know," sir.

[Yoneda]

Really? Are you SURE you remember what these things are?

[Ogami]

They turned our previous robots into piles of scrap and were kicking our asses fifty billion ways before we did our mid-season upgrade. Why would I forg-

[Yoneda]

Well, that was a rhetorical question, so just sit tight while I stuff enough redundant exposition down your throat to choke a Kanna, m'boy!

[Ogami]

Why do you do these things!?

[Yoneda]

[Ogami]

... and why do I even bother ASKING why you do these things?

----

[Yoneda]

Since they've already shown themselves, there's something I've got to tell you.

----

Dun dun DUUUUUUUUUN!!

[Ogami]

T-The Kouma are depicted in such an old painting!?

[Yoneda]

This is currently the oldest confirmed depiction...

[Ayame]

The war against the Kouma goes much further back than you thought.

[Yoneda]

Four hundred years ago... the battles between humans and Kouma engulfed this land.
At that time, humanity emerged victorious, although narrowly, and we sealed them deep beneath the earth...
However, the Kouma hid from view and bided their time, waiting for their chance to invade the surface.

[Ayame]

As of today, the Kouma have slipped through the spiritual barrier's seams to attack small towns, countless times in the past.
However, us humans have repelled the Kouma each time they appeared on the surface and sent them back underground.

[Ogami]

So there were people who fought the Kouma before we did?

[Yoneda]

Yes. Long before ANY of us.
The Anti-Kouma Squad was also, true to its name, created for just that purpose.
This was a while back, you know... back when no one truly believed that the Imperial Capital would again come under attack by Kouma.

----
[Ogami]

Okay, filing that under "poo poo We Already Know," part fifty-nine... This isn't going to turn into a recap episode, is it?

[Yoneda]

Poppycock! Perish the thought! And another exclamation of dismay that starts with a 'P'!

[Ogami]

Really?

[Ayame]

To be fair, in a few minutes, you might be wishing that this WAS a recap episode.

[Ogami]

... and that would be the sound of the rest of my afternoon going down the drain.

----

[Yoneda]

All while we were under the shadow of those demons...

[Ogami]

B-But... you DID fight the Kouma back before there were any spirit armor units, right?

----
[Ogami]

Wh- really?

[Yoneda]

Yup! Your superiors are just a bunch of washed-up old fogies! Ha ha ha-

[Yoneda]

-of course not! Look at the size of that thing in my flashback memory thingamajig! Those annoying bastards were at least FIFTY TIMES stronger than the washed-up old beasties you're play-fighting with today!!

----

[Yoneda]

I mean, we faced them with nothing but our own bodies and our blades...

----
[Ogami]

... uphill both ways in twenty feet of snow and all, right, sir?

[Yoneda]

WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS!!

----

[Yoneda]

Kazuma had died, and... Yamazaki went missing in action...

[Ayame]

... this was all six years ago.

----
[Ogami]

Okay, so if the demons you'd sealed beneath our capital have had such a long history of slipping back out through the cracks of reality...

[Yoneda]

For four hundred years, on and off like clockwork!

[Ogami]

... then you guys have even LESS of an excuse for not actually bothering to TELL us that we were due for another apocalyptic Kouma attack. Right? Right?

[Yoneda]

[Yoneda]

... well, better late than never, m'boy!

[Ogami]

P... please just keep going, sir.

----

[Yoneda]

Kazuma Shinguji's spiritual energy was a rare variety- he'd inherited the powers of the "Destroyer of Evil."

[Yoneda]

I believed we discussed this before, but-

----
[Ogami]

[Ogami]

(... it'd be too easy.)

----

[Yoneda]

- the powers of the "Destroyer of Evil" existed since ancient times, passed down from demon hunters.
Those who've inherited that power can hardly be counted on one hand anymore. ... the Shinguji family is among that number.

[Ogami]

The Shinguji family bloodline... is it.
... then... Sakura-kun has that power as well?

[Ayame]

Yes, that's correct... but the way to unlock that power remains a mystery...
Colonel Shinguji had... probably planned to teach Sakura once she reached adulthood, but...

[Yoneda]

... however, we still have one trump card against the Kouma.

[Ogami]

A trump card...?

[Yoneda]

That's right, a trump card. You might even call it our last resort. And... this is it!

[Ogami]

T-These are...!

----
[Ogami]

... the most horrifically gaudy things I've ever seen in my life.

[Yoneda]

Now, don't be that way, Ogami! Let me finish.

----

[Yoneda]

These have been called the Majinki.

[Ogami]

The Majinki...?

[Yoneda]

As you can see, the Majinki are a sword, mirror, and orb- ancient equipment used in rituals.
As long as we have these virtuous relics, we can hold the demonic powers at bay. Their potency is absolute!

[Ogami]

...!!

[Ogami]

Commander Yoneda...?

[Yoneda]

No, it's nothing...

[Yoneda]

... the Majinki are what you'd call amplifiers. If someone with a wicked heart were to use them, that person's demonic powers would be similarly amplified...
Now that the Hive of Darkness's Six Destructive Stars Fallen Demon Formation has dissolved the barrier sealing away the Kouma...
It's only thanks to the Majinki that we've been able to narrowly defend against the Kouma coming out onto the surface.
For us, the Majinki are our final bastion.

----
[Ogami]

Okay, I stand corrected.

[Yoneda]

You see? They-

[Ogami]

They're the most horrifically gaudy deus ex machinas I've ever seen in my life.

[Yoneda]

... well, it's a start.

----

[Ayame]

If the Majinki were to fall into enemy hands...
At that time, the empowered Kouma would flood the surface world all at once!

----
[Ogami]

And of course, you don't bother telling us any of this back when the Koubu had been destroyed and when we were actually at risk of the Kouma rushing our base and killing our men.

[Ayame]

We figured that you had more than enough things to worry about, Ogami-kun.

[Ogami]

You know, there ARE times when exigent circumstances more than outweigh my mental well-being, like the POSSIBLE DEATH OF ALL HUMANITY! I-

[Ogami]

... holy freaking crap, that was NOT a line I ever thought I'd say to ANYONE at the theater.

----

[Yoneda]

Just as the name suggests, the Majinki contain both demonic (Ma) and godly (Jin) power, making them the ultimate relics...

[Ogami]

But why are such important things being kept at the theater- and in the command room, no less?

[Yoneda]

Our headquarters here at Ginza is right where the leylines converge for the highest concentration of spiritual energy in the Imperial Capital...

[Ayame]

Spiritual energy is that of nature, the power of all who live there... and the power of humanity's "emotions."
Where that energy collects, we dance and sing here in the theater, and protect these ancients relics.

[Ogami]

[Ogami]

----
[Ogami]

Ha ha ha ha-

[Ogami]

- no, really, why on Earth are we keeping our country's most important artifacts at the location of the most psychotically incompetent soldiers our country has ever known?

[Yoneda]

Forcefields created by song 'n dance! Also, ley lines.

[Ogami]

... goddamn it, why is that a perfectly reasonable explanation in light of everything else this freakishly nonsensical world has to offer?

----

[Yoneda]

These Majinki are also the key to unlocking the Sacred Demon's Castle...
... and we are the ones holding on to that key.

[Ogami]

The Sacred Demon's Castle?

[Yoneda]

It was a castle built hundreds of years ago- for the sole purpose of slaughtering!
We cannot let something like that come up to the surface!

----
[Ogami]

Oh, wow! A giant fortress of doom that Aoi Satan could use to kill us all just about any time he's in the mood! Ha ha ha ha ha-

[Ogami]

- FOR GOD'S SAKE, WHY THE HELL IS ALL OF THIS RANDOM CLIMACTIC PLOT-RELEVANT AND POTENTIALLY WORLD-DOOMING STUFF SUDDENLY POPPING OUT OF THE WOODWORK NOW!?

[Yoneda]

... well, better late than never, m'boy!

[Ogami]

Grk.

----

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 03:42 on May 15, 2013

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

[Yoneda]

Alright, now, everything we've been talking about is among the Army's most closely-guarded secrets. You are not to say a word of it to anyone else.
The only ones who can open this vault are me and Ayame-kun.
So that guy is definitely gonna attack this place! Prepare yourself!

[Ogami]

Yessir...

[Yoneda]

I think you get it already, but... the theater's true mission is to protect the Majinki from those with evil ambitions!
I want you and Ayame-kun to strengthen the defenses in the areas surrounding the Majinki.

[Ogami]

Understood!

[Yoneda]

Again, what we've been talking about here is our country's most closely-guarded secret.
'Course, you're not to mention it to any outsiders- not even to anyone in the Flower Division itself!
... got it?

[Ogami]

Yessir!

----
[Ogami]

[Ogami]

Wait, but Kohran has listening devices set up all over the theater. And also in my organs and various orifices.

[Yoneda]

Don't worry! We've set up some failproof countermeasures that'll counter her listening devices!

[Ogami]

Holy poo poo, you guys thought ahead for once! How do you know that this counter is failproof?

[Yoneda]

'Cause we told Kohran that we'd be talking about top-secret stuff and asked her to build it!

[Ogami]

... please give me back my moment of pleasant surprise, sir.

----

And then it's time for the play!

[Iris]

Just a little bit more and we will finally reach the treasure after a long struggle~!

Spoken in the most over-the-top ham-fisted voice EVER.

[Kohran]

Be careful! There are traps! Please follow the directions I will be giving to you as you walk!

[Iris]

O~ka~y!

[Kohran]

First, three steps to your left, four steps to your right, and seven steps straight ahead...

[Kohran]

- is where y'all probably SHOULDN'T be walkin'.

WHONK

AND THE CROWD GOES WILD.

SOME TIME LATER:

----

----
[Iris]

... Iris had no idea that we're allowed to break so many child protection / violence / labor laws for the sake of a few cheap laughs!

[Maria]

Anything goes in government-sponsored theatrical productions, Iris.

----

----

[Kohran]

He ain't here? Ah wonder what's keepin' him.

It really says a lot about Ogami's position in the hierarchy when no one notices that he's been missing for THE ENTIRE PLAY until they need a bitch an errand boy. :smith:

[Maria]

... he went down to the basement... with Ayame-san?

----

----

MEANWHILE!

[Ayame]

... a trap? But what kind?

[Ogami]

That's right... maybe we can make it so that a bathpan falls from the ceiling! I'm sure it'll be hilarious.

[Ogami]

... I'm sorry.

[Ayame]

Hmhmhm...

[Ogami]

Ha... hahaha...

[Ayame]

Hmhmhm... you're really quite interesting, Ogami-kun...

[Ogami]

I-I wasn't really meaning it to be a joke...

[Ayame]

It must be nice, Ogami-kun... your heart always seems so relaxed.

[Ogami]

Eh...?

----
[Ayame]

... and the fact that your heart is relaxed enough to make a mockery out of everything we stand to lose in war.

[Ogami]

I-I said I was sorry about the bathpan idea!!

----

[Ogami]

Ayame-san...

Yes, this is actually about what she said.

... no, I don't know if this is supposed to reflect the misogynistic mindset of the era or if this is just another "OH, JAPAN" moment.

[Ogami]

That's not true at all! I think that... you're fine the way you are, Ayame-san!
I really look up to you as a person.

[Ayame]

Hmhm... thank you. From here on out, you should stay the way you are as well, Ogami-kun.

[Ogami]

Eh, um... y-yes.

[Ayame]

Oh my, your face... you've got some oil on it.

[Ogami]

Ah, it's fine! I'll do something about it myself!!

----
[Ogami]

Or... okay, I guess I'm NOT doing something about it myself.

----

[Ayame]

No need to be polite! In this day and age, a gentleman must be aware of his appearance at all times.

----
[Ogami]

But-

[Ayame]

I always carry around a handkerchief reserved just for you...

[Ogami]

Wha- really?

[Ayame]

... to clean up the messes you inevitably leave behind whenever you fail at communicating with the girls and end up leaving your organs all over the theater.

[Ogami]

... oh.

[Ayame]

Honestly, Ogami-kun, don't worry about it! Just go back to thinking those weird and creepy thoughts you get whenever I come into close contact with you.

----

[Ogami]

(She smells good, as usual...)

[Ayame]

When we first me... I also did something like this for you, didn't I?

[Ogami]

... ah, that's right. But after that, Sakura-kun was really angry at me...

[Ayame]

Hmhm.

[Ogami]

Ahahaha.

And I'm sure history couldn't POSSIBLY repeat itself in such a trite manner!

[Ayame]

But you know... having comrades you can believe in are very fortunate things to have.

[Ayame]

... but you only truly realize that when you lose someone very important to you.

[Ogami]

... Ayame-san?

[Ogami]

S-Sorry!

[Ayame]

It's alright. You're an honest person, Ogami-kun.

[Ogami]

I-I see...

[Ayame]

It's important to make sure that you're not deceiving yourself.

[Ogami]

T-That's not the case at all.

----
[Ogami]

... I kind of wish I COULD deceive myself into believing that I won't eventually end up a series of messy bloodstains splashed across the inside of the theater.

----

[Ogami]

Ayame-san...?

[Ogami]

Eh, no, I... pleaes don't make me blush like that...

DUN dun DUUUUUUUUUUUUN!

[Maria]

...!

[Sumire]

That look on the Ensign's face... it seems that he is stupefied with love.

[Kanna]

Ouch, that's one dopey-looking face alright.

[Kohran]

Aw no, Ogami-han's with one o' th' highest grade of flowers here in the theater.

[Iris]

Oniichan's all lovestruck and uncool~!

[Maria]

----
[Everyone]

[Maria]

... why are you all looking at me like that?

[Kanna]

Maria, your man-slave might be cheating on you! Can't you be a LITTLE more worked up 'bout all this!?

[Maria]

This is hardly an earth-shattering revelation. He makes mushy faces at Ayame at least three times per day.

[Sakura]

An average of four-point-eight times per day over a period of thirty days, actually. Ten-point-one times depending on how stressed he is.

[Sumire]

Still! Do the Ensign's actions not fill your heart with the righteous anger of a maiden who has been unjustly wronged on the battlefield of love?

[Maria]

... first of all, there's really no love involved. Secondly, we're both perfectly rational adul- I'M a perfectly rational adult and he's too spineless to really know any better. Finally, I'm sure that we will be able to resolve any difficulties because of the aforementioned 'perfectly rational adult(s)' thing, so we're NOT needlessly turning this into a romantic drama.

[Iris]

[Iris]

Kick his rear end, Maria!!

[Maria]

... sigh.

----

NEXT TIME: Needless romantic drama!

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 03:45 on May 15, 2013

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Did we just discover a SA summoning ritual?
Things are looking so great right now, nothing bad can possibly happen.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

quote:

Just a little bit more and we will finally reach the treasure after a long struggle~!

I'm sorry to go all nitpicky but this line really hit me. It seems like it could flow a bit better - maybe "Just a little bit more and we will finally reach the long-awaited treasure~!"?

I guess what you have is a rather literal translation of the line.

Banemaster
Mar 31, 2010
An update! :neckbeard:

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

JamMasterJim posted:

Did we just discover a SA summoning ritual?

Shush, you'll spook him.

Spirit Armor: In fi- four days I'll be on Basic. You'd better not finish the thread before then! :argh:

You'd also better have an update by the time I get back :argh: :argh: :argh:

GenericFootwear
Nov 4, 2009
Huzzah, more Flower Division shenanigans! :neckbeard:

The degree to which this whole "ritual" business seems to have an effect is more than a little creepy, though.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 48 minutes!
Taco Defender
I am glad to see another update.

For not being a possible romantic choice, Ayatame sure has a weird relationship with Ogami. I am assuming that is specifically for this upcoming hilariously misunderstood romantic confusion scene.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
A sword, a jewel, and a mirror? How original and novel and not-at-all cliched!

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I am glad to see another update.

For not being a possible romantic choice, Ayatame sure has a weird relationship with Ogami. I am assuming that is specifically for this upcoming hilariously misunderstood romantic confusion scene.
It sure seems like they're setting up for more than just a little romantic comedy with Ayame...

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

quote:

... the Majinki are what you'd call amplifiers. If someone with a wicked heart were to use them, that person's demonic powers would be similarly amplified...
++=Good IdeaTM

Did Iris just see Ogami in the basement through all the walls and floors?
Considering she couldn't have seen him going down there, what with being busy getting bonked on the head with a pan...

veekie fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jul 1, 2010

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
It's even a double post update! With plot! And it was hilarious.

veekie posted:

Did Iris just see Ogami in the basement through all the walls and floors?
Considering she couldn't have seen him going down there, what with being busy getting bonked on the head with a pan...
Well, she's done worse before...

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Yay update! :neckbeard: So, how long before Maria finally snaps and joins the rest of the crew in crazytown? Surely, uh..."being with" Ogami (There's not really an appropriate word outside of "Ogami being her bitch") should put her on the fast track.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer

Spirit Armor posted:

[Maria]

... first of all, there's really no love involved. Secondly, we're both perfectly rational adul- I'M a perfectly rational adult and he's too spineless to really know any better. Finally, I'm sure that we will be able to resolve any difficulties because of the aforementioned 'perfectly rational adult(s)' thing, so we're NOT needlessly turning this into a romantic drama.

So who here votes that "perfectly rational adults" is code for "shoot him with large amounts of bullets"?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Spirit Armor posted:

... no, I don't know if this is supposed to reflect the misogynistic mindset of the era or if this is just another "OH, JAPAN" moment.

It's definitely the latter, unless if by "the era" you mean the modern day.

America, home of classic lines like "I'm not a feminist, but...", is hardly a global bastion of gender equality, but at the very least no one can say poo poo like this and expect to have it go over without remark.

;-*: "Maybe I'm trying too hard! I am a woman, after all!"

:confused:: "Yeah, because women...try too hard? Just what are you trying to say?"

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Doc Hawkins posted:

America, home of classic lines like "I'm not a feminist, but...",
This is in Japan Taisho era though. (Scroll down to Taisho period 1912-1926, which is where Sakura war take place)

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
It's back!

Happy dance time!

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

KariOhki posted:

Well, she's done worse before...
Well...it's like she planted a psychic trackerspy camera(since she knew who he was with) on him. Or walls are nothing.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Another prove of Ogami is now linked to Iris mind for the pan drop suggestion option to even appear.

RCK-101
Feb 19, 2008

If a recruiter asks you to become a nuclear sailor.. you say no
Ma.. Jin?

Hmm, sounds like another Famous robot Anyway, thanks again Spirit Armor!

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008

veekie posted:

Well...it's like she planted a psychic trackerspy camera(since she knew who he was with) on him. Or walls are nothing.

It's IRIS. Walls are pretty much nothing to her, along with many other things.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Aw, I'm sure Maria will get a warning shot off before the discussion really begins. She's just an old softie like that.

Rincebrain
Dec 10, 2004

YOU KISS THAT GIRL THIS INSTANT

cokerpilot posted:

It's back!

Happy dance time!

Happy dance, you say?

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

wdarkk posted:

I'm sorry to go all nitpicky but this line really hit me. It seems like it could flow a bit better - maybe "Just a little bit more and we will finally reach the long-awaited treasure~!"?

I guess what you have is a rather literal translation of the line.

I thought about something like "long-awaited," but I didn't feel that it was enough to convey the whole 'oh man we finally got here after busting our asses' thing. Hence, struggle.

... though, yeah, the phrase as it stands now is really, really clunky.

Canuck-Errant posted:

You'd better not finish the thread before then!

I'll do my best to slack o-

Canuck-Errant posted:

You'd also better have an update by the time I get back!

MAKE UP YOUR MIND ALREADY, GOD

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

crumrin114 posted:

It sure seems like they're setting up for more than just a little romantic comedy with Ayame...

The upcoming scene has always struck me as being kind of hilarious, but for all the wrong reasons.

... which could probably describe the came as a whole, come to think of it, but that's neither here nor there.

Artix74 posted:

So, how long before Maria finally snaps and joins the rest of the crew in crazytown? Surely, uh..."being with" Ogami (There's not really an appropriate word outside of "Ogami being her bitch") should put her on the fast track.

Are you kidding? What with her TRAGIC PAST and (given the state of the Flower Division and its Captain) her equally TRAGIC PRESENT, she's probably one of crazytown's longest-running residents.

Doc Hawkins posted:

(Basically: Dammit, Japan.)

Dammit, Japan.

Ryand-Smith posted:

Ma.. Jin?

gently caress YEAH MAZINGER Z.

RedMagus posted:

So who here votes that "perfectly rational adults" is code for "shoot him with large amounts of bullets"?

Glazius posted:

Aw, I'm sure Maria will get a warning shot off before the discussion really begins. She's just an old softie like that.

I've always imagined Maria's rage to be inversely proportional to the number of bullets fired in Ogami's general direction.

If she's not that mad, she won't hit anything important and will just pepper the area around Ogami's vital organs with bullets.

If she's angry, she'll hit the most painful places on Ogami's body with pinpoint accuracy. And if she's REALLY mad, it's a given that she knows how to cause the longest, most agonizing death with one bullet.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Spirit Armor posted:

most agonizing death with one bullet.
Oh you mean the drill shaped bullet that start drilling around upon contact while releasing pain-inducing poison...and grow spikes...then explode in flame that she asked Kohran to made?

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Spirit Armor posted:

Dammit, Japan.

Summary of every form of media to come from the little island in the east.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I studied abroad in Japan for 5 months this spring, and played Sakura Taisen Pachinko. It had all of the girls in bikinis.

Yes, including Iris.

Damnit, Japan.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Spirit Armor posted:

The upcoming scene has always struck me as being kind of hilarious, but for all the wrong reasons.

Then please don't keep us waiting GAWD :cry:

And is Maria really gonna let Ogami off this easy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Nyaa posted:

This is in Japan Taisho era though. (Scroll down to Taisho period 1912-1926, which is where Sakura war take place)

The game was made in the nineties. It's as Heisei as it gets. The scene is not played off as "Is it not so sad, how women were once led to think that they must sacrifice their femininity in order to be effective at anything, or vice versa?"

THIS IS WHAT JAPANESE PEOPLE ACTUALLY BELIEVE

• Locked thread