Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Iamyourking posted:

The War in the Pacific thread is from December of 2009. The recommendation thread is also from 2007 if you want to count it, but this thread is still 5 months older.

Speaking of The War in the Pacific, come the end of July, this thread will have been going on for longer than WWII.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

Canuck-Errant posted:

SALR has taken all the fun out of hiding image links behind emoticons ever since it automatically inlined them if you have the box checked. :(

Great, now I've gotta go check the last few pages for links hidden in emoticons again.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

Schir posted:

Great, now I've gotta go check the last few pages for links hidden in emoticons again.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

So is that from 2ch or what?

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer

wdarkk posted:

So is that from 2ch or what?

What? No, I made the emoticon myself.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

Patter Song posted:

This is the oldest live thread in the LP subforum, just in case anyone's forgotten. I don't think there are any 2008 or even 2009 threads left, but there's this one from 2007.

Can we really consider it a live thread if it's come back from the dead more often than Dracula/Superman/Goku/Dick Cheney?

omegaultima
Mar 18, 2009

Long after the heat death of the universe, this thread will still live; and it'll only be a third of the way through Sakura Wars 3 :v:

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

omegaultima posted:

Long after the heat death of the universe, this thread will still live; and it'll only be a third of the way through Sakura Wars 3 :v:

I like your optimism!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Schir posted:

We were all young and foolish back then.

"Were"?

LaserShark posted:

Can we really consider it a live thread if it's come back from the dead more often than Dracula/Superman/Goku/Dick Cheney?

If it ain't archived, it's still live, at least by my reckoning.

Tetrakarn
Nov 1, 2011

Well, we might be foolish, but we sure as hell aren't young anymore.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Tetrakarn posted:

Well, we might be foolish, but we sure as hell aren't young anymore.

"... [B]ut I was young and foolish then, I feel old and foolish now."
Thread's a bit more than 4 years gone, though.

So this level with the lightning/lightning rod onions is a tutorial level for one where it will actually be sort of difficult to deal with, right? They certainly wouldn't introduce it in this level, make it really easy, and then never have it show up again, right?

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
How long we have left in this game anyway? We have to be in the endgame by now.

omegaultima
Mar 18, 2009

If Sakura Wars V is anything to go by, we should be very close.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

omegaultima posted:

If Sakura Wars V is anything to go by, we should be very close.
Choosing your partner happened a lot closer to the end of the game in V, though.

Cryotek
May 4, 2014

Jesus Christ how horrifying

omegaultima
Mar 18, 2009

U.T. Raptor posted:

Choosing your partner happened a lot closer to the end of the game in V, though.

oh, really? hrm, then my belief may quite possibly be false; ah well, here's hoping SA gets to 3 before I die :v:

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?

omegaultima posted:

oh, really? hrm, then my belief may quite possibly be false; ah well, here's hoping SA gets to 3 before I die :v:

100 years later....

Cryotek
May 4, 2014
I need to start looking up cryogenics

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

I've got the advantage. You've got nothing.
"Sorry everyone, the SW3 update is suspended because a cyber plant ate my Archive 7s, so I need to go on a journey towards the abandoned wasteland to find something that will let me capture footage from a PS2. See you soon."

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

NoMoneyDown posted:

"Sorry everyone, the SW3 update is suspended because a cyber plant ate my Archive 7s, so I need to go on a journey towards the abandoned wasteland to find something that will let me capture footage from a PS2. See you soon."

"Sorry everyone, video for the next SW3 update was stored on servers on the Colony, which as everyone knows had a small collision yesterday. With the Earth. I'll get back to you soon, I swear."

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Love, Justice, and Mid-Season Upgrades Steam-Powered Robots.
Chapter 11: Introduction to the Boss Battle

Meanwhile, in a strange parallel universe where the lightning potatonions are actually mobile, flying, and more threatening than the depressingly easy one-stage gimmick they turned out to be!

----

... and where Kanna is stupid enough to walk face-first into a laser!

----------
[Sumire]

Come now, is that really any different from the norm?

[Kanna]

Hey! I'm just trying to catch it!

[Kanna]

WITH MY FIIIIIISTS-

----------

----

----------
[Kanna]

- arghibleblarghow.

[Sumire]

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Allow me to show you how it's done, Kanna-san.

----------

Hup!

Ker-jump!

Ka-notentirelyuseless-pow!

----------
[Sumire]

Ohohoho~! Was that not glorious? Were you not entertained? Gaze upon my swift, graceful movements, and-

[Kohran]

- despair as y'all realize that you'll go back to bein' a ploddin' purple peacock once this cutscene is over?

[Sumire]

Ohohoho...

[Sumire]

... ho...

[Ogami]

Was that really necessary?

[Kohran]

Naaah. But it's fun poppin' her ego before it inflates back up, ain't it?

[Ogami]

... well, it IS a lot more peaceful when she isn't "oh ho ho ho-ing."

[Maria]

You're saying it wrong, Captain. It's more like... "ohohohohoho."

[Maria]

OHOHOHOHOHOHOHO-

[Ogami]

Change the subject! CHANGE THE SUBJECT-

----------

----------
[Ogami]

Oh thank god. Seriously, though, wouldn't he want someone who's actually useful, and/or someone who can actually defeat over a handful of enemies on his own?

[Sakura]

Like me!

[Ogami]

Someone who ISN'T dangerously obsessed to the point of unthinking worship?

[Sakura]

Yes! Just like me!

[Ogami]

... you know what? Just keep doing whatever it is you're doing, terrifying demonic monstrosity of pure evil.

[Chou]

THANK you-

[Ogami]

No, no, I was talking to her.

[Sakura]

YES, MY LORD!

[Chou]

Alright, that's quite enough of this farce. Tremble in horror as I-

[Kohran]

- jump into your mass-produced, color-swapped, poorly-translated midboss robot that we've seen two too many times already?

[Chou]

----------

----

----

DEMON-DRIVEN MECHANICAL SOLDIER: UNMOVABLE PURPLE LIGHTNING

----------
[Kohran]

Yeah... yeah, I still got it.

----------

[Everyone]

Understood!

----------
[Ogami]

Pfft. Well, at the very least, that's not going to be a problem, since we've got those amazingly convenient anti-lightning onions left over from the LAST battle involving electricity-belching-

----------

----------
[Ogami]

... they're not here. They're not here? Where the gently caress did they all go!?

[Kohran]

Well, if I had to guess, they were all eaten by that cutscene we saw jes' now.

[Ogami]

Okay, seriously, that's just bullshit. Kasumi? Yuri? Tsubaki? Bridge bunnies? Use all that implausible steampunk technology to locate those goddamn things, will you?

[Kasumi]

[Yuri]

[Tsubaki]

[Ogami]

... hello?

----------

----------
[Ogami]

Goddammit.

----------

NEXT TIME: OH NO, IT'S THE GAY

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jul 10, 2014

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I think it's time for the obligatory YAY UPDATE!

YAY UPDATE!

Even the game is trying to screw over Ogami now. That seems appropriate.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Does the Unmovable Purple Lightning actually stay in that spot for the whole battle, or does it move? I've played too many games to trust boss subtitles.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Spirit Armor posted:

NEXT TIME: OH NO, IT'S THE YAY UPDATE

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Mikl posted:

Does the Unmovable Purple Lightning actually stay in that spot for the whole battle, or does it move? I've played too many games to trust boss subtitles.

That would be Immobile. Unmoveable seems more like they'd be immune to knockbacks and knockdowns.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I don't think I could ever actually play these games. After this LP, seeing it in normal-mode just wouldn't be right.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

That would be Immobile. Unmoveable seems more like they'd be immune to knockbacks and knockdowns.

That makes sense. So it's like the Blob.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Is this the shortest time we had between updates lately or is the thread been messing with my mind again?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I never thought I would ever be so passionately wanting to know more about THE GAY

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

I think that the only thing worse than realizing that this thread has been going on for 7 years next week is the fact that I've been following it nearly as long and still haven't caught up :sweatdrop:.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Admit it, Spirit Armor: you've got the rest of the LP finished and are only doling it out two updates a quarter to mess with us.

Suenteus Po
Sep 15, 2007
SOH-Dan

ZeeToo posted:

Admit it, Spirit Armor: you've got the rest of the LP finished and are only doling it out two updates a quarter to mess with us.

He's had the LP finished since 2010. :tinfoil:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
The onions aren't there because the Kouma destroyed them all and your squad was too low-morale to stop them in time?

Or at least, that's what the developers say the last mission was, and the developers are always right.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

ZeeToo posted:

How else will we become completely paranoid over smilie hidden pictures without the Sakura Wars thread? :gonk:

Cryotek
May 4, 2014
Holy drat

I never thought I would see this thing updated

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
loving damnit I'm still mousing over emoticons. This thread has broken me in ways I may never recover from.

lishan1988
Mar 19, 2009
Sometimes I get worried that something bad has happened to Spirit Armour but he proves me wrong.... everyone 4-6 months or so

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?

Drakenel posted:

loving damnit I'm still mousing over emoticons. This thread has broken me in ways I may never recover from.

I wonder how many of those links still work.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer

cokerpilot posted:

I wonder how many of those links still work.

Probably most of the ones from the imgur era. Waffleimages' death took out a good chunk of the horror.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omegaultima
Mar 18, 2009

Canuck-Errant posted:

Probably most of the ones from the imgur era. Waffleimages' death took out a good chunk of the horror.

I guess that means you have a new mission: replace the Waffleimages ones for the good of posterity

• Locked thread