Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dominic Hokage
Nov 11, 2003

Lsnewton posted:

Oh god. I just caught up with this after lurking for a while, and I'm starting realise just how much trouble Ogami's actually in here.
He's in a government special forces squad, which has access to powerful mecha, and consists of:

A cold, revolver-wielding Russian...
A team member with a love of extremely heavy weaponry, even if seems physically impossible for them to use it...
A bloodthirsty psychic who surely seeks to kill as many of us as possible...
A token OMG BEWBS character, whose costume almost breaks suspension of disbelief just to show off her cleavage...
...and a crazed sword fighter with an unhealthy obsession for the main character, who only seems to operate on two modes: creepy or :black101:

Good things do not come from this type of grouping!

(:tinfoil: Good god, I've been reading this too long.)

Kanna where!? :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Dominic Hokage posted:

Kanna where!? :argh:

She's the only one even remotely normal and thus the only true match for Ogami.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Sumire, in addition to token OMG BEWBS CLEAVAGE character, also is the stuck up super wealthy girl who thinksknows that she's better than everyone else.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Classtoise posted:

She's the only one even remotely normal and thus the only true match for Ogami.
Sakura is by far the most normal one if you ignore Spirit Armor's embellishments. With them everyone is equally terrifying.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Even without Spirit Armor's embellishments, Sakura is still a clingy, jealous girl. This would not be so bad, were it not for the fact that 1) it happens instantly, and 2) it happens without any official recognition of status. I mean, if he had a jealous girlfriend... a little odd, but if that's his thing, fine. Without that, she's quite simply stalking him. Yeah, by standards of anime girls this isn't that bad, since she's not actively trying to do him physical harm, but it's still scary.

Personally, I find Maria, as the calmest available, to be the one best suited. Sure, she's got an itchy trigger finger, but at least it's not going to be pulled in the heat of the moment--just after fairly calm decision to do so.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

ZeeToo posted:

Personally, I find Maria, as the calmest available, to be the one best suited. Sure, she's got an itchy trigger finger, but at least it's not going to be pulled in the heat of the moment--just after fairly calm decision to do so.
But as I mentioned earlier, it is quite possible for Maria to calmly and methodically come to the conclusion that the Brigade would be better off with someone else as captain, and take sniper-related steps to that effect.

Of course, that's more of a reason to be nice to Maria. Maybe a touch of sentimentallity will make her hesitate just long enough for Ogami to reach cover.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

The Lone Badger posted:

But as I mentioned earlier, it is quite possible for Maria to calmly and methodically come to the conclusion that the Brigade would be better off with someone else as captain, and take sniper-related steps to that effect.

Of course, that's more of a reason to be nice to Maria. Maybe a touch of sentimentallity will make her hesitate just long enough for Ogami to reach cover.

Or time enough to allow Kohran or Iris to save him by destroying the world/blowing Maria up. Accidentally.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

veekie posted:

Or time enough to allow Kohran or Iris to save him by destroying the world/blowing Maria up. Accidentally.
For Kohran there is no "blew up accidentally", there is only "blew up sooner than I planned".

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Love, Justice, and Mid-Season Upgrades Steam-Powered Robots.
----

[Ogami]

Alright... I'm pretty sure that prolonged exposure to this medal won't cause me to grow any extra limbs or turn me into a eunuch. If that were the case, Manager Yoneda wouldn't have been holding it with his bare hands. He's too careful where his own personal health is concerned.

[Ogami]

So if it's not directly dangerous, why the hell were they all running away? I mean, Kohran's attached that locator-device thing to all of my uniforms and I wouldn't put it past her to have shoved another one between my internal organs, and they've ALREADY stuffed my room full of cameras. I'm sure they really can't get any more intrusive than THAT.

[Ogami]

... well, it can't be helped. I'd better get started on those on-site counseling sessions nightly rounds.

----

The point of said nightly rounds, of course, is to see if all's well in the theater and to ensure that there aren't any suspicious individuals skulking around the place (who weren't already living there in the first place).

And right off the bat, Ogami strikes gold!

Belatedly, Ogami realized that he's pretty ill-equipped for dealing with skulkers who may or may not be armed-- but then again, he DOES deal with the likes of Kohran and Maria on an everyday basis, so it's not like any intruders could ever be as frightening as--

-- as Maria.

[Maria]

Honestly, everyone always leaves this for someone else to do... these clothes... there, they go here.

[Ogami]

Ah... Maria!? I wonder what's she doing...

[Ogami]

(She looks pretty serious, and it'd be bad if I interrupted her, huh... let's just quietly leave.)

Ogami reflected that there was something comforting about Maria, in that he could easily predict how she'll react to most given situations. Granted, that reaction is "shoot Ogami and leave him for dead," but predictable is still preferable to the alternative: batshit freaking crazy.

----

----
[Ogami]

That's... that's not meant to be a question, isn't it.

[Maria]

And that is not an answer. Give me one. NOW.

----

[Ogami]

Er, no... I was just doing the nightly rounds...

[Ogami]

Eek!? Th... that's wrong!

----
[Ogami]

I should really remember to invest in a bullet-proof vest.

[Maria]

I would advise against that, Captain, that would simply encourage me to start shooting you in the head.

[Ogami]

... you do that anyway, Maria.

[Maria]

Hmph. In Russia, we don't complain about anything as minor as losing an earlobe or two.

[Ogami]

Alright, I'll concede that there's really nothing left to complain ABOUT if you've already lost both your earlobes, but...

----

[Ogami]

... eh?

----
[Maria]

Allow me to repeat myself--

[Ogami]

You're wearing a black fur trenchcoat. How is that 'plain'?

[Maria]

It is... the only thing I wear.

[Ogami]

Alright, fine, but... in the middle of July in Japan? I think that's PLENTY unique.

[Maria]

That's not what I...

----

----

There aren't very many ways one can actually REPLY to that, so it's probably best to just move on.

For one frightening moment, Ogami thought that Maria had simply moved next door and was now attempting to apply makeup to herself.

Thankfully, it was just Tsubaki, assuming that one could ever apply the word "just" to any one of the theater's inhabitants.

[Ogami]

What's wrong, Tsubaki-chan. I mean, you're sighing...

----
[Ogami]

... though I don't think I've seen very many people actually SAY "sigh" when they start sighing, but...

----

[Tsubaki]

But I don't really know how to apply it... it's not going well at all.
I wonder, how I could become pretty like Sumire-san?

[Ogami]

Tsubaki-chan...

----
[Ogami]

Well, it can't be all that hard. Let me try and help you.

[Tsubaki]

Really?

[Ogami]

Sure! I mean, all it'll take is a bit of practice, I'm sure.

[Tsubaki]

Thank you so much, Ogami-san! Let's get started right away! Alright, so first, I have to start with--

[Ogami]

Wait, I'm pretty sure that's not right-- here, let me do it... first, you...

(Five minutes later)

[Tsubaki]

[Ogami]

[Tsubaki]

Um...

[Ogami]

... you don't need to say it. I think we messed up somewhere down the line.

[Ogami]

Let's go back and start from square one, shall we? This time without using ME as the test subject.

[Tsubaki]

Okay, Mister Panda.

----

[Ogami]

If that's the case, maybe if you tried asking Sumire-kun?
Since it's the make-up that Sumire-kun uses, it'd probably be quicker to ask Sumire-kun herself.

----
[Ogami]

It won't be nearly as messy, either.

[Tsubaki]

Right you are, Mister Panda.

[Ogami]

Don't call me that.

[Tsubaki]

Okay, Mister Panda.

[Ogami]

Sigh.

----

[Tsubaki]

That's right, while I'm at it, maybe I could ask her about things outside of make-up...

----

----
[Ogami]

What do you mean, "also"? Sumire-kun's... what, sixteen.

[Tsubaki]

Yeah, but she's so much older than I am!

[Ogami]

You're fifteen.

[Tsubaki]

But she has... she has presence!

[Ogami]

That's only because she leaves the front of her shirt open!

[Tsubaki]

Wait! Maybe if I left MY--

[Ogami]

Please don't, I don't my heart'd be able to handle two sets of exposed cleavage flouncing around the theater. I'm pretty sure we went over this before, too.

[Tsubaki]

Sumire-san and I only one year apart, Ogami-san!

[Ogami]

Alright, let me correct myself-- two sets of exposed, underaged cleavage flouncing around the theater!

----

[Tsubaki]

... now then, Ogami-san, I'll be leaving now!

[Ogami]

Seeya, Tsubaki-chan.

Ogami took a brisk walk in order to clear his mind of the thought of Sumire and Tsubaki being exposed cleavage buddies (and indeed, of the concept of "cleavage" altogether), praying that Tsubaki wouldn't REALLY undertake that course of action just to be closer to her idol because Ayame would really murder him if that ever happened and if she managed to link that case to Ogami.

... sadly, Ogami's efforts were rendered useless by the appearance of the person in question.

[Ogami]

Ah... no, I was just thinking that it's not often that you're eating at this hour...

----
[Ogami]

... actually, I can't really remember WHEN you eat.

[Sumire]

Ensign, I eat at the same time as every other member of the Flower Division. You yourself have sat down with us countless times for breakfast, have you not?

[Ogami]

I... honestly can't remember.

[Sumire]

Is your memory that horrible, Ensign, or are you simply not a morning person?

[Ogami]

No, it's just... I've kinda been taught to eat whatever's put down in front of me as fast as possible, preferably before someone else takes it away.

[Sumire]

... Ensign, were you raised in a barn?

[Ogami]

I was raised by my sister. That amounts to the same thing.

[Sumire]

I don't think I underst--

[Ogami]

She wouldn't give me food unless I could defeat her with a wooden sword and take it from her by force. She could beat me handily with nothing but a pair of chopsticks for years.

[Sumire]

... regardless, it could not have been THAT difficult to defeat h--

[Ogami]

My first taste of food was at fifteen.

[Sumire]

[Sumire]

It must have been tough, Ensign.

----

[Ogami]

Sumire-kun...

Ogami couldn't really think of a good rebuttal, because Sumire DID raise a good point: it wasn't any of his business. Words failed him for a split-second, before he said the first thing that came to mind.

[Ogami]

... you'll gain weight if you eat late at night. You're the Grand Imperial Theater's top star, so try to be careful.

Ogami realized that saying the first thing that came to mind wasn't, perhaps, the smartest thing he could have done.

----

[Sumire]

These golden proportions... I would not allow them to go to ruin that simply!

[Ogami]

Er, um... Sumire-kun...

----
[Ogami]

... I'm sorry for accidentally making an attack on your fragile adolescent ego by broaching the subject of your physical appearance and the ridiculously high standards that society places upon you, a teenage girl who finds herself forced to conform to some unrealistic image of an ideal female body, thereby causing you undue stress and worry and possibly some amount of psychological trauma.

[Sumire]

[Sumire]

[Sumire]

[Ogami]

Or, uh, maybe I shouldn't have brought that up.

[Sumire]

You are such a killjoy, did you know that?

[Ogami]

I can't help it! It's been bugging me ever since I laid my eyes on that point six or so inches below your chin!!

----

----

NEXT TIME: More nightly rounds!

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Dec 27, 2012

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Ogami should know better than to pretend he's sneaking, since Kohran's developed an Ogami radar and sold it to the entire theater staff at varying prices and promises of exclusivity.

Well, that or Maria heard him go "!"

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Glazius posted:

Well, that or Maria heard him go "!"

This is Maria. I'm betting that she could hear his heartbeat from a mile away.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Spirit Armor posted:

This is Maria. I'm betting that she could hear his heartbeat from a mile away.
And draw a bead on it and fire before the next beat :synpa:

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

CannonFodder posted:

And draw a bead on it and fire before the next beat :synpa:

Through several buildings and bounced off walls.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

I figure she didn't have to detect Ogami: the whole thing was a trap. She's memorizing his routines and basic instincts for assassination plotting. Basically, everything he does is going according to her plan. Like a crazed gun wielding puppet master.

Dash Magnum
Jul 25, 2007

That's no moon...
It's a Face Station!

Spirit Armor posted:

[Ogami]
... I'm sorry for accidentally making an attack on your fragile adolescent ego by broaching the subject of your physical appearance and the ridiculously high standards that society places upon you, a teenage girl who finds herself forced to conform to some unrealistic image of an ideal female body, thereby causing you undue stress and worry and possibly some amount of psychological trauma.

Ill-considered, insensitive blurtings should be an Olympic Sport, and that's a fact. Or they should at least be televised in some manner or another.

Also, the notion that Sumire and Tsubaka are supposedly only a year apart, while looking ages apart is all the proof I need that the canonical ages are complete bullshit. :colbert:

Man, I wish I could have gone from stringy little kid to fully mature in the space of a year.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
It's what happens when you spend your teenage years exposed to weird psychic emanations from budding elder gods and mad contraptions.

DNE
Nov 24, 2007
Ogami's childhood consisted entirely of training with the sword and dealing with psychotic women? No wonder he's the captain!

Grunduggerer
Jan 20, 2007

DNE posted:

Ogami's childhood consisted entirely of training with the sword and dealing with psychotic women? No wonder he's the captain!

It's like he was born for the position. Kohran went back in time and... well... yeah.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Dash Magnum posted:

Ill-considered, insensitive blurtings should be an Olympic Sport, and that's a fact. Or they should at least be televised in some manner or another.

Well yeah but then Ogami would be subjected to random drug tests.

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Sorry, I've been a bit preoccupied lately; turns out last Wednesday wasn't the ultimate deadline of ultimate truth, and that my adviser wanted me to check over a number of other things before I can send it off for good on Wednesday or Thursday.

I'm going to try and shoot for an update tomorrow, though it might be more likely that it'll go up on Thursday.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Classtoise posted:

Well yeah but then Ogami would be subjected to random drug tests.

He already gets randomly stripped and probed in every orifice, I doubt some drug tests would bother him much.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

veekie posted:

He already gets randomly stripped and probed in every orifice, I doubt some drug tests would bother him much.

But they might find out he's taking Incompetency Enhancing Drugs!

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Classtoise posted:

Say it isn't so!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Classtoise posted:

Eh, he'll be fine. Yoneda got a blanket exemption for the Flower Division just in case he ever got demoted. Or promoted to head an expanded division.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Glazius posted:

Eh, he'll be fine. Yoneda got a blanket exemption for the Flower Division just in case he ever got demoted. Or promoted to head an expanded division.
Or if he entered any international competitions, say, in Paris.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

CannonFodder posted:

Or if he entered any international competitions, say, in Paris.

Psychotic French loli elder godling will fix that!

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

-- room.

----

[Ogami]

Don't tell me... after dinner, you've been here the whole time...?

[Kanna]

At this rate, I don't think I'll get tired.... and then I won't really want to sleep, y'know.

... clearly, Kanna doesn't ever get MAD. She just gets VIOLENT-- and once she gets started, she'll never stop.

[Ogami]

Kanna...

These are roughly the same choices that the game gave you for Sumire's case-- the first choice is good, the last choice is bad-- which doesn't account for the fact that I threw pattern recognition out the window and went for the neutral choice.

On the other hand, I'm more than willing to get between Sumire and a plate of food than I am to get between Kanna and training equipment that she could break with her pinkie finger.

[Ogami]

Have you finished preparing for tomorrow? We've been told that the Hive of Darkness will be there, so... we'll be in trouble if we're not careful.

[Kanna]

For that crucial moment, letting your body rest might be the best way to prepare.

[Ogami]

I see... that's certainly true.

----
[Ogami]

Oh good, you're going to go get some rest--

----

----
[Ogami]

-- or, or you could go and work yourself up into an even greater thirst for activity and violence, that works too.

----

----

-- office.

In most situations, this would probably be stating the obvious. We are, however, talking about Manager Yoneda here, so it's just as likely that the old man's trying to take the Rolling Thunder out and use it to pick up girls.

Here, however...

It's time for Escape Plan, Part Two!

And Ogami doesn't even TRY to mask his eagerness to escape the theater that has become his own personal women-filled hell.

[Ogami]

Great job, Manager! Now, let's escape before someone finds us!!

----
[Yoneda]

Sure, sure! It's as easy as one, two...

[Yoneda]

... thr... thrrrrrrggghghhh...

[Yoneda]

THRRGGGHHEHGHHGHH.

[Ogami]

Three, Manager. Three comes after--

[Yoneda]

THANK you, Ogami, I KNOW.

----

[Ogami]

Manager! If the key won't open it, then...

[Ogami]

Manager, let's try to use pins to unlock the door!

Without even missing a beat, Ogami-- the man in charge of Japan's anti-demon squad and the figurehead for justice and mankind and the Imperial Capital's hope and so on-- immediately suggests that they pick a lock and break out.

Of course, the person who's in CHARGE of the man in charge of etc., Yoneda...

... doesn't hesitate to support this plan of action.

The Imperial Capital is finished. :gonk:

[Ogami]

Alright, I'll give it a try!

[Ogami]

[Ogami]

Just a little more, I think...

Awwwwwright. With this, Ogami can finally learn what it means to be a man! More importantly, he can ditch the geezer afterwards and hop the next boat to the mainland or to California or even down to Australia or something like that, anything to ge--

[Ogami]

Uwah! A... Ayame-san!!

[Ayame]

... if you're talking about that lock, I've already had it replaced.
Because going out at the middle of the night is dangerous, right...?

----

----
[Yoneda]

... Ogami, m'boy, this goes beyond "caught" and "not caught." This's what we call "loving owned."

----

----

----
[Ogami]

But you just said--

[Yoneda]

What? Just because she fuckin' owned us all two times we tried t' bust this joint doesn't mean that we're going to do something as pansy-assed and weak-sauce--

[Ogami]

-- and intelligent--

[Yoneda]

-- as give up, eh? We'll get it next time!!

[Ogami]

Y... yessir.

----

-- oom.

----
[Ogami]

Well, guess I'd better get goi--

----

----
[Ogami]

Was it really necessary to burn that much spiritual energy just to make a drat cool entrance?

[Iris]

Practice makes perfect, Oniichan~!

----

[Ogami]

Aah, that's right. What'll we be practicing today?

[Ogami]

Alright, I got it. Now then... let's sit in front of the piano.

[Iris]

Yaaaaay, practicing the piano with Oniichan~! Let's hurry up and start!!

[Ogami]

Okay, I got it.

[Iris]

Okay, here we go~!

Ichiro Ogami: As Hardcore About Playing The Piano As He Is About Mecha-Piloting.

[Ogami]

Alright, it's perfect! Iris, your tone was also perfectly exact!!

[Iris]

Oniichan, you're so cool... you were almost like a real pianist!

:kamin--

Wait, "almost like a real pianist"?

----
[Iris]

... real pianists don't play instruments that have Playstation buttons where the keys and sharps should be, Oniichan.

[Ogami]

:smith:

----

[Ogami]

Hahaha, you're making me blush... Iris, you were playing very well, too.

[Iris]

Eheheh... Oniichan and Iris are an invincible pair, aren't we!

----

[Iris]

Because... I didn't want to play badly, even if it's in front of Oniichan!

[Ogami]

Iris...

[Ogami]

Aah, let's do this again sometime.

[Ogami]

Good night, Iris.

That was...

That was entire experience was actually normal, for a given value of normal. Ever since Iris's birthday... well.

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Dec 27, 2012

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Ogami isn't even horrendously frightened of going up to see Iris in her room! Let's push our luck a little and see what happens. 'Sides, Iris SHOULD be preparing to go to bed, so she'll probably be more calm and mellow than usual.

... this may have been the most unnecessary screenshot in the history of this forum.

KNOCK KNOCK.

[Iris]

Coming~!

----

... alright, scratch "calm and mellow." Does she ever sleep?

[Ogami]

Then... I'm comin' in~.

[Ogami]

A story, huh? Let's see...

----
[Ogami]

[Ogami]

(This could go so badly in so many ways. C'mon, c'mon, I gotta choose SOMETHING-- and I gotta choose WISELY, otherwise... I... I...)

----

[Ogami]

Alright, then I suppose I'll tell you a bit of a grown-up story, "The Story About Me, Long Ago"...

[Ogami]

Hm... ah, right. It was April, when the cherry blossom petals were dancing about, when I first entered into the Naval Academy...

----
[Ogami]

... and that was when Kayama, that bastard, decided that it would be more fun to drive it through the storage shed, rather than go around it, but it turned out to be the deciding factor for our test when they quizzed us on the decisive battle that...

----

----
[Ogami]

... were swirling around like azure droplets of crystalline shards of mirror in front of them-- this is still in April, mind you-- and our garments were getting soaked straight through the rough fabric and chilled us straight to the very core of our luminescent beings, and that was...

----

----
[Ogami]

... didn't have plural back then, and things WERE a lot better when I was younger, I can prove it by showing you my carefully-preserved collection of stamps. Their current condition is a good indication of how much better the air was back then than it is now, since all that newfangled pollution and air would cause any other stamp to immediately...

----

THUD.

[Ogami]

I, Iris!? She's already asleep, huh... s, somehow, this is kind of mortifying.

[Ogami]

Come on, Iris... if you sleep in a place like this, you'll catch a cold.

[Iris]

Mm... mumble mumble...

[Ogami]

It can't be helped, huh... guess I'll carry her to her bed.

[Ogami]

Good night, Iris. Sweet dreams...

Ogami didn't know it, but just by walking up to the attic, he was about to tie up his first loose end during his time at the theater...

[Ogami]

Huh...? Ayame-san. But you've already finished sorting those files, haven't you...?

----
[Ogami]

You too? The whole "my body is moving on its own" thing, huh?

[Ayame]

Oh, certainly. I was once in your position, Ogami-kun.

[Ogami]

... wait, what?

[Ayame]

Surrounded by pretty men who were all my co-workers. Oh, those were the days...

----

[Ayame]

Hmhmhmhmhm... somehow, the both of us... seem to keep meeting here, I see.

[Ogami]

Eh... is, is that how this looks, you think?

[Ayame]

Yes... I wonder if we look like close siblings?

:eng99: Cockblock Counter: 1.

[Ogami]

Siblings... is it?

[Ayame]

You know... there used to be someone who I liked.

[Ayame]

Well, I am also a woman myself. I think that people can fall in love... and that we want to be loved, as well.

[Ogami]

----

[Ayame]

No matter how much I sort away the memories that are up here... I could not file away my feelings.
All I did... was bury my own feelings deep into my heart...

[Ogami]

Ayame-san...

Ogami, being a romantic hot-blooded sap, could only find it in his heart to answer in one way:

I'll never be enough of an rear end in a top hat to go for the last choice. :( Why would you do that?

[Ogami]

Can't I become your strength? I may not be very reliable, but... Ayame-san, I also--!

[Ayame]

... thank you. Even just those feelings... are enough to make me happy.

Cockblock Counter: 2.

[Ogami]

That's not what I meant, what I wanted to say was--

[Ayame]

... I'm sorry. It seems that I've been... depending too much on your kindness.
Ogami-kun, you're so kind... I've been relying on you more and more.

Cockblock Counter: 3.

[Ogami]

... no, it's alright.

[Ogami]

Could it possibly be... that the person who took this picture was the person who you liked, Ayame-san?

[Ayame]

Yes... that's right. ... you made a good guess.

[Ogami]

It's because you... looked so happy in this picture...

----

[Ogami]

This is... something that you should keep, Ayame-san.

[Ayame]

... that's true. That's certainly... true.

[Ogami]

... here.

[Ogami]

Now then, I... I've still got the nightly rounds to do, so please excuse me here.

[Ayame]

Yes... hang in there, Ogami-kun.

I think my withered little heart just grew three sizes.

NEXT TIME: A rose by any other name is gently caress YOU, fanservice (?), and the nightly rounds end!

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Dec 27, 2012

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Spirit Armor posted:

Ichiro Ogami: As Hardcore About Playing The Piano As He Is About Mecha-Piloting.

Gotta be, or psychic loli will eat him alive.
...That just plain came out wrong man.

Spirit Armor posted:

THUD.

A great weapon has been discovered this day, one that may send elder godlings back to their slumber...pity it takes so long to use.

Spirit Armor posted:

[Ogami]

I, Iris!? She's already asleep, huh... s, somehow, this is kind of mortifying.

[Ogami]

It can't be helped, huh... guess I'll carry her to her bed.

Somebody call the feds on him.

Spirit Armor posted:

[Ayame]

Yes... I wonder if we look like close siblings?

:eng99: Cockblock Counter: 1.

[Ayame]

... thank you. Even just those feelings... are enough to make me happy.

Cockblock Counter: 2.

[Ayame]

... I'm sorry. It seems that I've been... depending too much on your kindness.
Ogami-kun, you're so kind... I've been relying on you more and more.

Cockblock Counter: 3.

Owned, 1x 'like a brother' 2x just friends combo.

veekie fucked around with this message at 05:01 on May 2, 2008

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
So you don't get the game's versions of the stories, huh?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

veekie posted:

Owned, 1x 'like a brother' 2x just friends combo.
See, let me tell you about something called the ladder theory. It states thafffffffffffffffffffff

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I have to see the epic conclusion to Yoneda's attempts to sneak out of the theater and go party like it's 1899.

I have a feeling it may involve Kohran and replacing a button on Yoneda's jacket with "Mr. Curfew", a thoroughly tested device employing the same principles as the shock collar.

That said, those Iris and Ayame moments were actually somewhat touching. Galaxy explosion notwithstanding.

(Is there any more Maria?)

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Lessee... the next update's coming... er, I have no idea when it'll be. Probably Sunday at the very latest, though I have a feeling that I'll be able to get it out a bit earlier than that. Also, we might be having a minor vote coming up soon.

ZeeToo posted:

So you don't get the game's versions of the stories, huh?

Guess not. I wasn't even aware that there was a difference between the SS and PS2 versions of Ayame's spiel (though I've heard that those differences were what turned some veteran players away from the game.

Glazius posted:

I have to see the epic conclusion to Yoneda's attempts to sneak out of the theater and go party like it's 1899.

You and me both. I don't think I ever caught the tail end of that event in any of my playthroughs...

Glazius posted:

That said, those Iris and Ayame moments were actually somewhat touching. Galaxy explosion notwithstanding.

Iris is a lot more tolerable when she's not actively trying to vault into Ogami's pants establish herself as his girlfriend, and when she's just being her saccharine, slightly hyperactive self.

Ayame... well, I'm still horribly amused at how she plays Ogami like an expert bullfighter.

Maria posted:

(Is there any more Maria?)

Always.

More seriously, there's going to be a bit more of her in the next update, but not very much.

Also...

Kind of want. I think there's an entire line of these things, but model kits have never been my forte.

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 20:31 on May 2, 2008

Dash Magnum
Jul 25, 2007

That's no moon...
It's a Face Station!

Spirit Armor posted:

I'm not sure I'd call any situation where the above happens "normal", but I guess she's a bit more subdued than usual...sort of. Still, I swear I recoil from the computer screen a little every time that particular animation of Iris shows up.

...s'just not right... :cry:

Also, for anyone who cares, the english translation of Sakura Taisen Vol. 7 should be available this Wednesday at a comic book store (or other purveyor of manga) near you.

Great update, Spirit Armor! Now I kinda wish there was some sort of grand total counter for the number of times Ayame has shut down poor Ogami. It's gotta be up in the hundreds by now.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

How the hell did I miss this thread. I haven't laughed so much at a LP in months. Very entertaining Spirit Armor!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Spirit Armor posted:

Kind of want. I think there's an entire line of these things, but model kits have never been my forte.
Well if you get a Vanilla model, and add a bit of Mint, and avoid any Kahlua or Tequila, you might have a chance :q:

Hey, you're the one that did a Galaxy Angel post in here way on back. And avoid Kahlua and Tequila because their show sucks rear end.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
What series named its characters after booze?

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Sindai posted:

What series named its characters after booze?

Galaxy Angel.

Is that just a static kit model, or can you open up the Koubu and put Kaana inside? Something like a Revoltech Sakura Wars set would kick rear end.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Spirit Armor posted:

You and me both. I don't think I ever caught the tail end of that event in any of my playthroughs...

Think we can get that on this run? It sounds like fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I'm liking the new "real plot" to "fake plot" ratio, keep it up.

• Locked thread